It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I put a user on ignore so I don't see their posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I tried clicking the "ignore" link, but it didn't hide the posts. Is there another way to hide posts I personally find offensive? What does the "ignore" link do if it doesn't hide the posts of users I find offensive?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It usually does work. Try it again and then refresh the page.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How many people do you have on your current ignore list? There is a limit I believe...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I just tried that. It didn't work. I tried clicking it several times, exiting the thread and going back in, refreshing the page, etc.

Is the link broken? It is supposed to make the posts I don't want to see disappear, right?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I don't have anyone on my ignore list that I'm aware of. I was just trying to add the one. Is there a way I can double check this to make sure I don't have a full list even though I didn't add stuff on the list?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You can check by going to MemCenter and then on the list theres a button called Manage Ignores.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by minnie

Thanks. I checked my list and it's empty, even though I clicked on the "ignore" link multiple times. Is there a way to add a user manually?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have never used this function of ATS, the reason being that I understand the purpose of the site to be "Ignore Ignorance". Oh, my bad it's "deny ignorance".
Question to the mods; why is this function available?
Was it determined in some meeting in the A/C, where all are comfy and out of the heat of battle, that some might be offended by what others have to say?

I guess my skin is thicker than that of others, for I am not offended by anything than out-right slander, and even then, I get a laugh.
Why is the ignore function even available, except to molly-coddle the children.
If the above is true, then the mods aren't doing their jobs, i.e., keeping the less than decorous off of the forum.
If the above isn't true, then this site is subject to, and an active participant in, censorship.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Some people are more sensitive than others.

For myself, I have PTSD and it helps to be able to block things that might raise my stress levels to the point of problem. It's not something I do very often, but it can be helpful in a few circumstances.

I know that not everyone would want to use that function, which is why it's an option and you don't have to press it if you don't want it.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Was it determined in some meeting in the A/C, where all are comfy and out of the heat of battle, that some might be offended by what others have to say?

I guess my skin is thicker than that of others

I for one, prefer not to skim through essays worth of nonsense and racism, to read something that was on topic. ignore is my friend.

If you are calling people ignorant, for using such a feature, than you are a complete hypocrite, unless you also engage telemarketers, and hear them out as well. You are also a hypocrite if you are surfing the channels on the tv, and skip over a political debate. I mean, seriously. Get off the high horse already - we get it.

p.s. that's not really addressed to Laughing Cat in particular, but to EVERYONE that always brings up this stink about the ignore button.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by scientist]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I'd like to use it - if I could only get it to work!

Any idea what might be causing the malfunction?

I'm at a loss.

new topics

top topics

join