It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
im kinda surprised we didnt have a brawl thread so here it is!

What are you most looking forward to in Brawl as it nears its release in 5 days?

i personally am looking forward to Sonic vs Mario battles. Finally end the feud for which is better. lol

The pokemon Trainer will also be interesting to play as and im really curious as to how good he will be for me.

Then of course the Special moves. some looks killer awesome!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure if theres a thread about brawl already but if there isn't who cares

I'm hyped on it...I only have wii sports, i pretty much got a wii for brawl, already have it pre ordered and stuff...sucks it got delayed so much but it should be worth the wait

im lookin forward to solid snake and the new level creator

should be a good game

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Yep theres a thread here, just a bit down the page.
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I'm really looking forward to this game, as are many others, I'm gonna have to give a try with Sonic my self, but I think Samus will still be my best character.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i played as mario on the n64 and gamecube

i have a feeling i'll probably end up sticking with mario in this one but i look forward to trying and mastering all of the characters like i did in n64 gamecube

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Totaly forgot this was comming out soon! I think this will be the first wii game I wll end up getting since Zelda

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well I got my copy about 10 hours ago, the store held a tournament that I was to late to enter, I came close though, 4 slots open and wrote my name on a small slip and put it in a hat, 8 other names though, and I have bad luck. :bash:
But at least I got front row seats to watch, those kids don't know how to play lol.

The line was long when midnight rolled around but went quick. Have been playing the game ever since and it's freakin AWESOME! I thought Samus was going to be my best character, but I just unlocked Sonic and I'm really liking him.

The single player "Subspace" adventure is fun as well, I'm really impressed. It really adds a story to the game, linking all the characters together with familiar stages, boss battles, and music, really infuses you with a sense of nostalgia.

Have fun everyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i cant wait to see kirby become solid snake, that is going to be so cool

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I got the wii about a month ago. Still only have one game. Heatseeker. lol. not something you want to be stuck playing for this long. I've gotta get this game. Still, the prices are going up for these games.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
got a copy reserved

gonna go pick it up some time tomorrow

i don't think i'll be going to school

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
AHHH! I have the game!

What have you guys done so far? I'm 40% along in SSE, and I've unlocked about 5 characters. There are so many unlockables and so much content that it's overwhelming, but in a good way.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i never really liked smash.

yeah, we get it nintendo, you have alot of characters...from 20 years ago.

How about stop remaking games, and make some New IPs

or atleast a new pikmin.

god.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Holygamer

They're aiming for nostalgia. Hence those characters from "20 years ago" Thats what makes smash so awesome, the music remixed, the stages, new characters. It's a fighting game, one in a series. They're not remaking a game, they've made a sequel.

But on topic, I've just unlocked every character, 35 characters "20 years ago" or not, they being a sense of nostalgia if you've been around for 20 plus years (in order to know what game every one comes from), the new characters are awesome. The adventure mode was really cool, took me about 7 hours to complete, at 91% though, theres things I missed.

(SPOILER BELOW)

My only problem is that Sonic didn't show his face in the adventure mode till the last second, for being the fastest character, he sure did take his sweet time.

Other then that this game is awesome. I'm really enjoying it and have on line so if any one wants to brawl, U2U me.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Slash]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

No, no. I get it. yay nostalga.

I just want some NEW i.ps.

theres two games coming out for the wii in 08...and ones brawl.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holygamer
reply to post by Slash

No, no. I get it. yay nostalga.

I just want some NEW i.ps.

theres two games coming out for the wii in 08...and ones brawl.

What new IPs has Microsoft and Sony got going again? Oh yeah thats right, they're doing remakes too. The only reason why the Wii doesn't have any games coming out despite being the most popular console on the market is 3rd party (lack of) support. They better get their act together... or they may be waiting for the Wii 2 to come out in 2009.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Well lets see. Microsofts new I.Ps: (Microsoft Game Studio)

-Viva Pinata
-Gears of War
-Blue Dragon
-Lost Odyssey
-Mass Effect
-Crackdown
-Kameo
-Ninty Nine Nights
-Alan Wake
-Project Sylpheed
-Too Human

Old I.Ps
-Halo
-Fable
-Mech Assualt

Considering its been around for only, what, less then 6 years. I'd say four IPs is a good start.

Sonys new I.Ps? (Sony Computer Entertainment)

-Resistence
-Rogue Galaxy
-Uncharted
-White Knight Chronicles
-God of War
-heavenly sword

Old I.Ps
-Syphon Filter
-Crash Bandicoot
-Twisted Metal
-Ratchet & clank
-Gran Turismo

Nintendos new I.P (Nintendo Entertainment)
-Wiifit?
-WiiSports
-WiiPlay

Old I.Ps
-Kid Icarus
-Zelda
-Mario
-donkey kong
-pikmin
-Animal crossing
-everything else nintendos done.

So far, even last generation, only two new I.p's