It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predict Tech Advances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A couple of things I've been thinking about lately. All just opinions.

The Streaming Planet - The end result of endeavours like "Google Earth" will eventually be live streaming video of any spot in the primary habitable zone of the planet 24/7. Privacy concerns will be front page news. I predict this will happen by 2025. On a semi-related note, the first company to put up a satellite, perhaps at one of the LaGrange points, that streams a live HD video stream of our planet on the web will find themselves in possession of the most visited website in the history of the web.

Broad Military Automation - This doesn't take a lot of skill to predict, but I think some very exciting things will be happening soon. Nearly all traditional bombers will be pilotless. Humvees, helicopters, tanks, and many other patrol/combat vehicles will be remote control and/or autonomous. This is all near-future. By 2030, I think we'll see a more fully mechanized Army, complete with robot soldiers that walk on two legs, and fully autonomous patrol and support. Nearly all military vehicles will be automated and operate with minimal staff by 2050. Human forces will be in reserve for only the most important jobs.

Virtual Reality - by 2030 we will see some unification between hologram technology currently in development, with brain interface technology (also currently under development in medical fields), and computational power. The unification of these fields will make rudimentary Virtual Reality possible by 2040. When it happens, society needs to be prepared for an all new plague, more addictive than any drug. The ability to be anybody, the ability to walk when your real body is handicapped (maybe they can fix that with mech-prosthesis), the ability to experience physical interaction with any person you choose, and it all feels absolutely real.

Those are just a few of my predictions... anybody care to join?

[edit on 4-3-2008 by moviepitchguy]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nanotech

news.bbc.co.uk...

'nuff said

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Daniel predicted the increase of knowledge in the end times. This last century has seen more advancement in technology than any other period in time. From the lightbulb to the internet. He also predicted that men would hold technology that would enable himself to destroy all life on the planet. That became possible in WWII with the Atom Bomb and now with the Hydrogen Bomb. We will not see the creation of AI armies or any of that other crap because God will intervene before mankind destroys itself in WWIII.

join