It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Classical Song in the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is it for my money! It makes you look really sophisticated and is a bimbo or himbo magnet. But it also helps you to relax and chill out. Any others out there?

Song to the Moon (Dvorak)

Lyrics in Czech

Lyrics in English

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I absolutely love classical. One composer I really connect with is Erik Satie...My family, after my NDE when I was on life support put my ipod buds in my ears and played his music for me time and time again over the 12 days or so that I was unconscious and on the ventilator. Without knowing they did that, when I got home and learning to use my hands again and trying to walk I was continually going into my itunes and playing Erik Satie....it felt comforting and very personal....many times it brought tears to my eyes.

This is one of the songs:

And another....

[edit on 3/4/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

kl - glad to see that you are better now and that you have been inspired by Satie. I think so many people can be influenced by classical music and not realise it. For example, music can paint a picture; Smetana and Dvorak paint the pictures of their homeland in their music and you can see in your mind's eye, the flowing rivers and the rolling hills without actually leaving your seat. And what about Siegfrid's Idyll by Wagner, when you can feel each breath of the breeze and each contour of the land through the music - terriffic!

I think I have worked out how to post a you-tube video of the song. Here goes:

join