It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this image mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe some of you with more experience can help me out
Does anyone know what this image represents?

Thank you

[edit for grammer]

[edit on 4-3-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That is a coat of arms, of an armigious family, that I have not identified, yet, I may later, but am going to explain the tale of the shield/banner for you now.

Starting from the top, ever wonder were that saying came from? Perhaps this is it...

The crown signifies royaly, most likely a king.
Ornaments which sit on the helm or crown in this case (as most often there is always a knights helm there on the shield instead, with a crown a top it), are significant as not all crests will have such additions. This one is the Vol (Set of Wings), swiftness and protection. Usually an animal such as a hound or K9 of some sort is there, to represent loyalty.

The shield and it's colors are most important, they are the base of the hereldry. Gold, means generosity, and is also mostly used my royal, or esteemed family. Red, represents warrior or martyr, often times this is a very common color, but one or the other can only be known for sure depending on historical accounts. Silver or White, peace and sincerity.

Placement of symbols should have a valid purpose for placement combinations. These designs are often well thought out with purpose.
Left side, red, "Head (Human)", honour, if the head of a "blackamoor" or Moor, refers to deeds of prowess in the Crusades.
Trumpet or horn, ready for war. The last, from what I can tell and beleive it to be, is crow, courage and perseverance, hero, able man in politics.

That is the translation of that crest for what I kow it to be. The other decorations, are usually just that, simple flair to add highlights.

For source see below link.
Heraldry

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It is the Wappen family according to the web page. (Sometimes clicking on "View Page Source", even for a small website with nothing but a photo, reveals more info than you would think.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm an idiot. I don't speak German.
I guess wappen in German means "Coat of Arms". The alt= of the image was "Familienwappen", which I thought meant "Wappen Family". Forget I even spoke!

EDIT AGAIN: The domain name is registered to a man with the last name "Podmaniczky", which incidentally was also in the source code for the page. (The title of the no66.com is www.podmaniczky.de, which if you go to is no different than no66.com, just a picture.)

LAST EDIT: Ah yes, go here: podmaniczky.org.... It's black and white, but appears to be the same coat of arms. Interestingly enough, unless Istvan, (the Podmaniczky the domain no66.com is registered to), was named after his ancestor, he's been dead for almost half a millenium! How did he register this domain in 1505?!

Istvan Podmaniczky was Bishop of Nyitra in 1505

podmaniczky.org...

Alright, I redeemed myself for my horrible mistake. I was so proud of myself for figuring it out and then humiliated when I saw that I had assumed wrong. There's the family for you though... Whew!

[edit on 5/3/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
An3rkist

Nice job, obviously you were in a rush and jumped the gun, it happens to evry one, so don't feel so bad.

You more than made up for it by replying and contributing to the posters thread. Must not be very many members interested in this sort of stuff. A shame, if more people kept to tradition and family history, the world would be better off. Some good old fashioned manners never hurt no body, unless you were disrespectful of course.

I'm rambleing again, but hey good job and sweet avatar by the way.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Thanks Advisor, but I'm not sure I "more than made up for it" considering I jumped the gun more than just once in that reply.

Anyway, I feel I should ask the OP:

What does this have to do with secret societies? I tried to find out what "no66" could be, (the original URL), and all I could find was that it's a protein or something, that does something good, but it's all in scientific jargon and I'm just an under-edumacated student.

Does the Coat of Arms have something to do with a secret society?

[edit on 5/3/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's hard to keep up when you are a mutt. I have roots in Scotland, Ireland, Sweden and France. I stack stone, drink beer, enjoy pickled herring and a good cheese.

Ever seen a crown with a forearm protruding holding a horizontal dagger? I've been trying to ID it for a bit now.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
im no good at history or anything so i dont know about historical significance of this but here is my idea of some meanings in this.

I think alot of this represents good and evil within war, the 2 horses, one on the left is a unicorn, with shadows on its front (to fight evil possibly) the horse on the otherside however is not a unicorn and has shadows on its back (to come from evil).

The colour differences of red on the left and black on the right. The crown represents power, royalty, spreads across both sides, however once again is darker on the right side.

The 2 shields show a man, on the left, in armour, not wearing a crown, bearing a head. On the right an animal, wearing no armour, a crown. The man on the left has honour (the head), wears armour, so fithts in the battle, the animal on the right could represent chaos, not being human, however bearing a crown. Whilst bearing a crown and no armour, this animal chooses to show its power instead of gain it. Siiliar to on the top, the man rides in a his crown, whereas on the right only a very large crown with no leader.

In the middle there is a trumpet, call to arms, facing the men, who answer the call, and the part u blow in on the right of the beasts, who wage war.

Also the man has leaves growing on his sword, war to help like possibly, also showing that although they fight it is for life not to end it.

top topics

join