It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hikers find Alien Artifact inside a 500,000 year old geode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Anyone seen this old episode of In Search Of with Leonard Nimoy? It shows a strange device embedded inside what was looks to be a 500,000 year geode found by hikers in the late 70's/early80's in Southern California. Any thoughts? Anyone heard of this story?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-3-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hope to be right:
The Coso artifact?

The original artifact sliced in two

X-ray of the Coso artifact

The outer casing surrounding the Coso Artifact.

Investigating the origins of the Coso Artifact revealed that mining operations were conducted in the area of discovery early in the 20th century. If internal combustion engines were used in these operations in the Coso mountain range, they would have been a very new technology at the time. So, the authors of this article extrapolated that spark plug technology would also have been in its infancy. To help the authors of this article identify the Coso Artifact, they decided to turn to a little-known group of experts - The Spark Plug Collectors of America.

Letters were sent to four different spark plug collectors describing the Coso Artifact, including Ron Calais’ X-rays of the object in question. Collectors were asked if they could identify what they saw in the photos. The collectors were expected to provide some vague hints, or to not be able to identify the artifact at all. Their actual answers were stunning.

On September 9, 1999, Chad Windham, President of the Spark Plug Collectors of America called Pierre Stromberg of Pacific Northwest Skeptics. Windham initially suspected that Stromberg was a fellow spark plug collector, writing incognito, with the ostensible motive of hoaxing him. His fears were compounded by the fact that there is an actual line of spark plugs named "Stromberg." Windham had also contacted another spark plug collector, strongly suspecting that he was the culprit, and made a point of looking up the website of Pacific Northwest Skeptics to ensure it actually existed.

Though Stromberg repeatedly assured Windham that his intentions were purely for research, he was puzzled why Windham was so suspicious and asked him to explain. Windham replied that it was so obvious to him that the artifact was a contemporary spark plug, the letter had to be a hoax. "I knew what it was the moment I saw the x-rays" Windham stated. He also added that it was not uncommon at all for spark plug collectors to play pranks on one another.

"Are you sure it’s a spark plug?" Stromberg asked?

Full story here
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

More infos here:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.talkorigins.org...
www.ramtops.co.uk...
paranormal.about.com...
www.nasca.org.uk...
www.badarchaeology.net...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've read of mummified and even living frogs being found inside geodes, but not spark plugs! Also geodes should be hollow. If the object had rattled around inside - well that would have been interesting!

WG3

[edit on 4-3-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
I've read of mummified and even living frogs being found inside geodes, but not spark plugs!

WG3

Perhaps they were "time" mining and got the spark plug stuck 500,000 years in the past? I'd really like to know what that is and how it got there....but yeah that photo looks like the object in the video.

Virginia Maxey, one of the people who discovered it, said that a geologist she had spoken to had said that the nodule had required at least 500,000 years to achieve its form, based on an examination of the fossil shells that encrusted the specimen. However, the identity of the geologist remains a mystery, and his findings have appeared to have never been published.[1] It is well documented that the nodule surrounding the spark plug may have accreted in a matter of years or decades as demonstrated by examples of very similar iron or steel artifact-bearing nodules, which are discussed and illustrated by Cronyn.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I guess before I take one step further in voicing my opinion I just need to ask... How long (Roughly of course) have humans been around? In the title it states 500,000, on other sites I was given estimates of 100,000 to 200,000 years old (Oldest homo sapian was found to date back 200,000 if I read the source right.
www.askipedia.com...

So I'm wondering where could this object have come from if homo sapians didn't show up till later? (that being that the site was close in range.) I have other sites but I figured I would make it easy and list one for now.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've long been convinced that this case has been solved and the "Coso Artifact" is a 1920's era spark plug.

Nice 'stache, Leonard!

[edit on 4-3-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
I've long been convinced that this case has been solved and the "Coso Artifact" is a 1920's era spark plug.

After reading the wealth of evidence from the website kindly provided by Internos; I must say that I concur with IAttackPeople.

For me, the kicker is that it wasn't actually a 'geode' that the 'artifact' was found in.

As far as frogs being found in geodes goes, how does a frog know where to be as the geode is forming and how long did it have to stay there until it was enclosed?

I could imagine a geode that wasn't fully formed being temporarily submerged in water. With that in mind, it would be possible for frog eggs to find their way into one before the remaining small hole was sealed with mud. The tadpoles could emerge and the first frog could definitely live off eating the remaining tadpoles for a short time, given there was an air pocket with a suitable amount of oxygen, but I fear it would also perish soon after - leaving nothing more than a fossilized skeleton...

That is, unless the geode was then snap frozen and remained so for thousands of years. But I would imagine that when it thawed and the frog reanimated (if possible), then the geologist would have a very small window with which to find the said geode before the frog started to starve and die. God, has this frog been through enough already.. LOL! Poor thing!

Anybody have a theory on that?

That's My 2 Pennies worth

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So ignoring the geode, does anyone have any information of the "petroglyphs" shown in the video? Just curious. To me most of them look ridiculous, more drawn with a pen instead of being ancient rock art.

Basicly, the question is: Is the whole video complete bullplop or just parts of it?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
A quick search on the net and I couldn't find anything recent on the frog phenomena. Best I could find was from 1910, but it was a quick read so I may have missed one. Since noting more recent has been stated, makes me wonder if improved standards have removed site contamination to confuse people, and some people to just stop pulling the hoax, if it was a hoax.
Edit to add, when it comes to accretions, metal parts are great for picking them up. I used to work at a machine shop that had been in spot for nearly twenty or so years. Some of the spark plugs and and nail that ended up in the sand around the place very quickly would pick up sand and make a sort of sandstone fossil around it.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

I thought i saw some recent pen outlines as well.The first shot with the antenna outlined on the aliens helmut looked out of place.But that is bound to happen over time at a non secured or public site.The only drawings of this type you can trust are those in caves that have been sealed and then discovered and excavated.

here is something interesting as well.

65 million years ago, humans were not roaming the world, so why is it that a �semi-ovoid� metallic tube was found within chalk that was dated at being 65 million years old. Discovered in France, this find hailed from the Cretaceous period. The Cretaceous period was the third and last block of geologic time during the Mesozoic Era. This time period saw changes in North America and Europe, mostly involving the earth�s surface, as well as localized flora and fauna. The metallic tube showed signs of being worked over by someone or something and at that time, it was impossible to have been competed by a human, according to our geologic record.

I have also heard of items being found in coal that should not be there as well.From what i have read UFO's are basically time machines in the truest sense(destination unit is time based) and these items could have been dropped or misplaced when venturing back in time. humans or other species could have had civilizations here millions of years ago if you consider the Earth's ancient age. Our past 65 million years is a blip in time.

top topics

join