It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopathic Soldier Throws Puppy Off Cliff

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Please cite recent school shootings where ANY soldier was the perpetrator. I doubt that you can.

there was immense speculation that the Virginia Tech gunman was ex-military / ROTC. I would assume (ASS u/me, i know) that if any of the recent shootings did involve a soldier, that tidbit of info would be suppressed quicker than a liberal on fox news.

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

It brings up a very good point, If it were fake then the Marine in question would come out publicly and cry fake, and prove it without a doubt, HOWEVER his butthole is so puckered right now that I'm going to say he's probably close to being airtight! The other two useless chimps in the video would want to come out immediately and clear their name's as well.. but they haven't? Why? Let's say "Guilt by association" neither tried to stop him, one of them filmed it and another posed with the pup before it was launched to it's death.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

I appreciate your point of view and your absolute right to articulate it/them.

Your last post is completely over-the-top (as well as most of the others).

You just advocated lynching over a video that might not be real.

This is reasonable to you? This is an intellectually honest position?

[edit on 4-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

I'm not advocating a lynching.. My point is that I don't feel like this individual should be protected if this video is real, if it's a fake then he should be punished for causing such a mess.
If it's real, then let the public eat him alive.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Oh , you mean the Fox News that spent three hours this morning covering Ohio State's Young Democrats? The Fox News that let them speak, at length, in order that they might share their views? The Fox News that let their famous Debate Club debate between Obama and Clinton with no interference?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
These are the "hero's" defending our country by raping and murdering innocent men, women and children. Killing innocent animals.. ugh.. I despise the military.

I tell you what Ox,
STOP acting like one persons actions speak for the whole military, country, organization, etc.
Firstly, this is probably FAKE.
secondly, if you want to scrutinize and entire assembly over one person, then I'll gladly do a search and find people who have done even worse things so we can just blame everyone in the world...

Despise the military?
Hows about you dont speak of things you know nothing about.
There are PLENTY of heroes in our military...
so much so that they outweigh the bad.

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Speak of things I know nothing about? Why do you assume that I know nothing about the military? Now you're just guessing.. Just like you're guessing that this is fake.. Let me tell you something about the military, They screw people so hard in the head that they are willing to accept orders to kill without mercy or bias... They are told that these people are the enemy and they act upon that. Iraq isn't our war.. Vietnam wasn't our war.. WE MADE IT THAT WAY!... The Government and the Military MADE it that way.

And strapping on a gun and helmet and fighting someone else's war, DOESN'T make you a hero, it makes you impressionable and easily brainwashed. A hero doesn't gun down innocents. A hero stands up for them

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Ox]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Originally posted by Ox
These are the "hero's" defending our country by raping and murdering innocent men, women and children. Killing innocent animals.. ugh.. I despise the military.

There are PLENTY of heroes in our military...
so much so that they outweigh the bad.

wow now that's funny. I really don't see how there could be heroes in a war that is unjust. All the soldiers over there are killing people that have never once attacked our country. Really show me the heroes

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Thanks for the support.

The hero's are the one's who are disobeying their orders, a hero stands up for the weak it doesn't prey on them!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
reply to post by theendisnear69

Thanks for the support.

The hero's are the one's who are disobeying their orders, a hero stands up for the weak it doesn't prey on them!

Exactly if they were heroes then they wouldn't have gone to Iraq in the first place. You can't have a war if you don't have people that are willing to kill.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting!

Dont forget though. This is the same Marines Corp that in recent times has rescued several dogs and brought them home.

Don't let 1 rotten apple speak for the rest. Same goes for abu grahib. We have many troops posted over there and if you really do that math, only a very small percentage commit these insane acts.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
and you guys would know this how?

have you served in Iraq?

You do know that there are people that want us there right?

Sure, I dont agree with the war, but these soldiers are ordinary people like you and me. They go because they have to. They go for their friend thats fighting besides them. dont blame the individual soldiers, they are shooting people that are shooting at them... they want to live just as bad as the other guy shooting them.
war is horrible and sad, and many times unjustified...
but what happens when theres a war that needs fighting?
youre gonna be glad we have soldiers.
one day there will be a JUST war, so we do need the military.

Many of these soldiers dont want to be there, but they are there for their comrades.

I criticized your knowledge of the military because if you knew so much about them then you wouldnt scrutinize the whole military.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Odessy]

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

have you served in Iraq?

I know that there are people that want us there.. They're called George W. Bush and his administration.

The rest of the world doesn't want anything to do with it.

Have you served in Iraq?

We dont have to serve in the military or Iraq to see that this is wrong, common ethics and morals tell us that killing is wrong, Animals for the most part are defenseless, especially a puppy.. I was in a tent with a 400lbs male tiger over the weekend and he could have easily killed me, instead we had a good wrestle.. It was great.. Why? Because I'm not a bastard, I wanted to not cause him harm and same went for him.

ANYWAY, back to the point. The soldier did it.. Who cares if he's in Iraq or not.. it was done, he's not a hero, he's a grunt. He deserves to have his life flushed down the federal toilet and stuck in a small 4x6 cell in Levinworth.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

have you served in Iraq?

Sure, I dont agree with the war, but these soldiers are ordinary people like you and me. They go because they have to. They go for their friend thats fighting besides them. dont blame the individual soldiers, they are shooting people that are shooting at them... they want to live just as bad as the other guy shooting them.
war is horrible and sad, and many times unjustified...
but what happens when theres a war that needs fighting?
youre gonna be glad we have soldiers.
one day there will be a JUST war, so we do need the military.

Many of these soldiers dont want to be there, but they are there for their comrades.

I criticized your knowledge of the military because if you knew so much about them then you wouldnt scrutinize the whole military.

Nobody has to do anything. They didn't have to sign up.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ox

your entitled to your opinion...

I just dont think you can scruitinize the entire military based of a few wrong doings.
I dont think that there is anyone on ATS that thinks this type of thing is ok.

I dont agree with the War in Iraq, and I'm about to join the military.
I value human life, and would hate to kill people, especially unnecessarily, but there ARE bad guys there as well. and if we pull out now then all hell will break loose for those Iraqi civilians.
I'm going so that these people will have some sort of infrastructure when we do eventually leave.
I'm going so that I can have a first hand opinion on whats going on.
The war in Iraq, however, is not a topic for this thread, and I appologize...

I just think its ignorant to base a judgment on an entire group or organization based off a few people.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well I don't know if the video is real or fake, but it looks real to me. One thing is certain, those two soldiers are absolute idiots. Surely they must of knew what to expect when they made this video. If it is a fake, I don't think they'll be getting a job in the US militaries PR department anytime soon.

Iraq descended into hell the second you invaded and they also had an infrastructure, but both the the UK & US military recklessly destroyed it.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
To say this this video is just "propoganda" to show the troops in a bad light and to demonise the millitary,is not a fair statement.
And its not that the whole millitary is bad,its just that are some some really messed up people that are serving ruining it for the good ones.
In fact the millitary has done enough to show itself in a bad light,the puppy video is just another example.

Here are some others......
(The titles are as they appear)

U.S. soldiers owning iraqi kids

Iraqi Kids Owned

Soldier Messes with Iraqi Kids

soldiers making fun of iraqi kids

What US Soldiers are teaching the Afghani Children

TORTURING a HURT DOG in Iraq, for fun

And im sure these are not the norm,for the average soldiers,but dont fool yourself into believing that these things,like the puppy,arent happening over there.
Oh ya,and these videos arent fake.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No one is downplaying it, assuming it is true. The problem is to take one person, regardless of their walk in life, and extrapolate from that, that it's "No wonder people hate the US", is a wild leap to make.
I am personally against our continued involvement in Iraq, and I'm sure many are, if the polls are to be believed.
However, to denigrate US troops because of one incident is insane. US troops didn't cause this war, they responded to an order from their Commander and Chief. They are the only thing standing between an invading army and us. If this were a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew,an Engineer, a Teacher, a black person, a white person, a police officer, or any other group, and this incident occurred, would you condemn an entire group because of it? If so, then there is no reason to even continue this discussion.

A very valid point.

there was immense speculation that the Virginia Tech gunman was ex-military / ROTC.

Someone who is in ROTC is not a soldier... yet. ROTC is an extended training program for wanna-be officers who are attending college. It is closely affiliated with the military but the student is still a regular civilian. I know this is knit-picking but to say that the gunman was military due to ROTC participation is inaccurate.

On the issue at hand. I watched it and I thought it was a fake, and let's be honest we should all hope to God it's fake. If it is not fake, the marine IS going to have criminal charges brought against him along with all involved.

Many people who already hate the military will use this for fuel on their fire, but these people are naive. What these people do not realize is that since this man is in the military he is going to pay dearly for his actions, more so than a regular civilian under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. This individual is responsible for his actions if they do not coincide with his military orders, and I am sure that he will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

EDIT: on a lighter note, HERE is a clip of Tom Green throwing baby dolls.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

yeah, there are messed up soldiers over there.
I count 6 videos.
lets just add 100 more for fun.
thats 106 out of how many thousands?

now lets see if we can find videos of Iraqis and Muslims torturing people, harassing women, beheading infants etc.
heck forget the videos, lets see how many threads we can find on ATS.

Sure these videos shed bad light on Muslims, or the Military, or whoever, I just like to think that the majority of people are good.

check out the thread going on the Muslim guy beheading his nephew in the super market...
All my posts are the same, this is one person in a whole ocean of people.

I know you weren't saying that the entire military is bad,
But I hope you see my point.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As usual I find myself posting the obtuse of the general consensus of the thread...

But ummm... sorry I WANT inhumanity in a soldier... A soldier's job is to HURT,DESTROY and KILL.

Now that I have your attention let me make my point perfectly reasonable:

Perhaps we shouldn't have soldiers acting as a peace keeping force...that is NOT what they are trained, and equipped to do....and you see then end result.

For any idiot whom thinks that soldiers need to be humanitarians and ambassadors... we have people for that job.

Let me say this again:

A SOLDIERS JOB IS TO DESTROY, MAIM, KILL, INSULT, EMBARRASS, AND PILLAGE......nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join