It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopathic Soldier Throws Puppy Off Cliff

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Good link, but I'm telling you, man, it's a stuffed animal.

I guarantee it. In fact in a week they'll have the battered looking stuffed animal on camera showing how it was a prank.

Notice how every criterion for an illusion was used.

emotion-laden animal chosen as 'victim';
close up shot;
lack of prelude to the abuse;
money shot of the smirking guy to sell the trick.

It all shows the videoing it was about the pranking not the disregard for animals, particularly puppies. I note the release says 'alleged'.

But, I'm done here. Believe what you will.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No one is downplaying it, assuming it is true. The problem is to take one person, regardless of their walk in life, and extrapolate from that, that it's "No wonder people hate the US", is a wild leap to make.
I am personally against our continued involvement in Iraq, and I'm sure many are, if the polls are to be believed.
However, to denigrate US troops because of one incident is insane. US troops didn't cause this war, they responded to an order from their Commander and Chief. They are the only thing standing between an invading army and us. If this were a Muslim, a Christian, a Jew,an Engineer, a Teacher, a black person, a white person, a police officer, or any other group, and this incident occurred, would you condemn an entire group because of it? If so, then there is no reason to even continue this discussion.

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Damn I'm good.

Now, the marine corps isn't going to protect your safety if you didn't do something wrong, I'm sure the marines would deny the video if it was a fake. However they aren't. They're taking this man into a protective environment so he doesn't get put in the ground by someone who thinks he's an abomination to mankind

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Please never again alter one of my post's.

It makes me question any opinion you might make in any future post's or thread's.

THANK YOU.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Unless you have been in the soldiers position a war zone for example doing certain thing's maybe killing some peaple.
[edit on 4-3-2008 by h3akalee]

Your job in war SHOULD be, to PROTECT INNOCENTS from being killed. Is this so hard to understand?

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Of course it says "alleged" Because there is nothing rock hard yet. HOWEVER! The media will report everything is "alleged"... Remember Scott Peterson "allegedly" killed his wife and unborn child.. It's a term so they don't have to either print a retraction or get pulled into court for "libel" if they're wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's sick ... but what's new, didn't you all see what they were doing to the prisoners!!!! Did we forget what all the soldiers were doing in Vietnam!! Did we forgot the after effect of it... this is just the beginning, wait to see what will happen in few years when these people need to fit back into society... all these school shootings!! all this violence!... what US is known to be #1 country in the world by 85% (compared to second country) to have death related to guns! This is just the beginning....

Ps. for those that say this is fake, there were many other videos released within last few years where American "snipers" were sniping civilians/dogs for fun! They removed most of these videos recently and as we all know Youtube is censoring a lot more videos on Iraq and Afghanistan when posted by the

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

You're right, These grunts are going to be coming home to their families, newborn babies etc, What happens when the family dog pee's on the carpet? What happens when the baby wont stop crying cause it's teeth hurt? Is grunt boy going to shoot the dog? throw the baby at the wall? Hmm? What then? This grunt should never see his family.. or daylight ever again.. He should be put in the same cell as Michael Vick.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
If it was a choice between him throwing a dog off a cliff or maybe exploding and going on a postal type rampage over there in that hell hole.

oh, i see. thanks for clearing that up. I understand where you are coming from now. You are being irrational, enough said.

link   
Anyone who's read my posts knows how I feel about iraq and that I would never condone or defend what happens there.

BUT, this video is so obviously a fake, that I actually giggled a bit when he threw the stuffed toy - yeah I know, shame on me

This is like those clips you see on those home video shows that are such obvious fakes.

It MAY have been a bad taste joke, but soldiers do make bad taste jokes - same as the rest of us do sometimes.

I honestly can't see what the fuss is about...

link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
These are our "heros"?
And people wonder why the world is starting to hate us.
Im not generalising the millitary by the example of this P.O.S,but its leaves one to wonder what else our soldiers are doing over there.
This is disgusting!

Are you serious!! How can you sit there and think our MARINES aren't detached from personal morals! These are our hero? Your damn right they are, and they are able to be your hero because of our tollerance. Now if want to question the brain washing the Marines do, well be my guest. But don't you ever consider them less of a Hero.

Former Marine-

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

War is a sloppy mess in all honesty.

There is nothing i can say that will make you understand. The only way you might get it is if you find yourself in that situation.

Even if you have been in various situation's there are still those moments when thing's can happen at the click of a finger.

And you are left trying to make sense of your actions.

Now this is a story about a soldier who might have thrown a puppy from a cliff well so what.

You train him to be a killer then you are angry at him when he kill's an animal ?

What a load of utter hype.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Postal Rampage huh? Yeah I dont see how someone who was smiling and laughing at that poor puppy's death could go on a rampage.. he was being a bastard just to be like that.. He was being cruel to be cruel.. He got enjoyment out of it.. He's been programmed and trained to get enjoyment out of killing.. it makes him efficient.. and easier to control..

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There is other older videos and I dont see why this cruelty towards animals by some soldiers hasnt been discussed before here or in msm. Ive seen another sickening video of a marine shooting a dog in the head that was just sitting there and a few more where they randomly shoot at civillians! On a video site other than youtube I go to mainly for ufc and boxing fights but they occasionaly show sick stuff like that and I just cant believe some of the things people do.

To the persons defending the marine because "war messes with the mind" well tough, he signed up for it and if the USA wants to claim to be a superior army other than just a bunch of killers which is what a millitary actually is then they need to actually train soldiers properly.If Karma doesnt get this guy I feel sorry for anyone he has to live with or any kids he has as he will truly be a disturbed individual.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yes let's pick and choose the parts we like best and comment against them well done clap clap.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is "proof" to the OP because it fits within his preconceived notion of the world; specifically the military.

It doesn't need to be true; he couldn't care less if it is, or isn't. The point, IMO, is the OP has a undeniable hatred of the military and this video is fuel for that fire.

He's called for the solider to be executed over a dog. He's cast dispersions on the entire military (of course he has absolutely no understanding of the military beyond his pre-drawn conclusions), made the assertion that the military are rapists and murders and articulated his loathing of said military members several times.

He has re framed comments from posters into something they did not say and demanded they prove the video is a fake. Of course, he should prove the video is real but, he's not going to bother. After all, to him, IMO, it matters not.

About proof: only mathematics provides proof. Everything else in life is based on the preponderance of evidence.

There is no reason to engage someone in conversation when they aren't interested in conversation or even willing to entertain the video might be fake. Shoot, if the video is fake, he will come back and claim George Bush had something to do with it.

You can't have productive exchanges of ideas with those who are so hard-over they can't see the forest, despite the trees.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

All hail the voice of reason.

HAIL, HAIL, HAIL

At last someone made a logical post.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

what US is known to be #1 country in the world by 85% (compared to second country) to have death related to guns! This is just the beginning....

Where do you get your figures? Please site your reference, because they are nowhere near correct. For the latest year that figures are available for each country, the US rate is 5.9 per 100,000, with a ranking of 38th. (Winslow, Robert; Jordon M. Cruz. Comparative criminology: Pakistan. A comparative criminology tour of the world. San Diego State University. Retrieved on 2007-12-10.)

El Salvador is 1st with 55.3 per 100,000 (Número de Víctimas y Tasas de Homicidios Dolosos en El Salvador (1999 –2006) (PDF) (Spanish). Observatorio Centroamericano sobre Violencia. Retrieved on 2007-12-26.)

this is just the beginning, wait to see what will happen in few years when these people need to fit back into society... all these school shootings!! all this violence!..

Another statement without anything to back it up. You make wild accusations, that have no basis of fact. Please cite recent school shootings where ANY soldier was the perpetrator. I doubt that you can.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
my only question is...

if this is so obviously fake, then why hasn't a single person involved come forward to say that? Considering the uproar this has caused, if the truth is that this was a prank, it seems they would want that message out ASAP.

Rather, it seems that everyone involved is shutting everyone out and keeping quiet. Of course this is all speculation, but it brings up a good point.

Ox

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

Wow.. That ALMOST... cut deep.. Actually it didn't come close.

Now.. My point was to prove to me this video is a fake, which if the Marine corp's butt hole is puckering this hard now that the media is all over it, I'm going to keep up my original beliefs that it's real.. And now the public wants to lynch this guy.. And the Sheriff's dept in his home town wants to protect him, screw that.. Let him be lynched.. Let's see if he shrugs that off..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join