It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopathic Soldier Throws Puppy Off Cliff

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
These are our "heros"?
And people wonder why the world is starting to hate us.
Im not generalising the millitary by the example of this P.O.S,but its leaves one to wonder what else our soldiers are doing over there.
This is disgusting!

The Youtube video has been pulled down(I wonder why).
So to see the video,go here
www.jonesreport.com...

Starting?
It's been quite a while already.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
Let me just say that I apologize for my recent post. It was said out of anger, and No I do not wish any harm to come to those Marines in the video, But if I were there at the time I would have punched him square in the nose.

Me too. If they were my soldiers (I know they were Marines) I would have recommended an article 15, reduction in rank, extra duty and forfeiture of pay for a month. My idea of extra duty? If the security permitted (probably not, to be honest) I would find a local and have this solider take care of his animals. I’m talking feeding, cleaning up after…the whole sch-bang. Oh, and the crappers always need to be cleaned, and the poop burned (in some locations), straightening out sand, moving sand bags from here to there and back again…stuff like that.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It amazes me how unwilling some people are to give this soldier the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty damn sure that was not a real dog, but even if I thought there was a good chance he had thrown a human baby off a cliff, I would still give him the benefit of the doubt. For the most part, people, even the most hardened soldiers, are much too kind hearted to do something like throw a puppy off a cliff, which you would think would be reason enough to consider this video a likely fake. Yes, people do horrible, horrible things occasionally, but we have to give them the benefit of the doubt when we can or else how can we expect others to do the same for us?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
It's not even a dead dog, it's a stuffed dog, substituted for the puppy, which is probably just fine.

It sure went "thud" when it hit the ground.

I don't understand how some people can argue that our "good" troops would never do anything this bad, yet accept they are evil enough to "simulate" it.

This behaviour is not unique to US soldiers. Most battle tormented soldiers from all sides lose their sensitivity. It's like a shield from reality - they've been in situations where if they cared about the atrocities all they were seeing, it would simply be too overwhelming.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I believe the dog is one of these: www.magic.org...

I think the sounds of the dog yelping and the thud were added by a third party. Either the soldier's personal enemy, or someone who just wanted to make the troops look bad.

Just my theory. Is it really so far-fetched that we can't give this soldier the benefit of the doubt?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The young soldier made a mistake, leave him alone.

If anyone is psychopathic, it's the people who are so far removed from the reality of our TOXIC and VIOLENT planet, that they can pretend to take the moral high ground on a suject like this.

Here is a soldier in Asia having a little baseball pitching practice.

Shot at 2008-03-08

[edit on 08/3/8 by nnelsosj]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phl0gist0n

I'm sorry, I must be confused ... what doubt exactly ?
If this is even found to be a toy dog one must certainly wonder what would make anyone think this is fun or funny in any kind of way.

nnelsjoj that is just sick and the fact that you can accept it in any way, shape or form, and then be so bold as to compare it alongside this incident, really saddens me.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

I'm sorry you'r sad...It makes me just as sad that YOU could sit there in the safety of your comfortable home and judge another person who has placed themselves in harms way, and is likely living a more horrible experience than YOU could possibly imagine.

I do not condone the abuse of animals.
I do not condone the behavior depicted in this incident.

I do not pretend to be better, or more moral than this person or anyone else if/when exposed to the circumstances and conditions they are certainly experiencing.

I would say - Walk a mile in that mans shoes before you judge him.

Animal Abuse ? Lunar Lizardz

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nnelsosj

Fair enough and I do take comfort in knowing you do not condone this kind of behavior, from our troops or any other person.

I don't however sit comfortably, in my military-provided home, and judge anyone who puts themselves in harm's way to provide the freedoms we enjoy. I am a military wife who understands, perhaps more so than anybody, what meaning one's life takes on when one signs up to serve their country. It is to serve and to protect ... not hurl helpless babies off cliffs for amusement. That I will judge and have every right to, as does anybody else who pays taxes to the US government, and as a result, this man's paycheck.

I also know enough people actually in the US military who abhor this kind of behavior - and they mimic comments made such as those stated in forum discussions such as this one - and know that this is just not right and not justifiable on any level, military or civilian ... and that yeah, being put in harms way, in a controversial battle, really shouldn't be what drives you to want to hurt a harmless being for the sake of a home video. Because really, wasn't that all this was ?
What other possible purpose did this incident serve ? I would love to know.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

I appreciat your remarks.

I believe that anyone (given the right circumstances and conditions) might find themselves adopting behavior and moral standards that would appear reprehensible, if that person were exposed to an evironment, or culture, or a mob psychology where that type of behavior is common.

Bear in mind these American Soldiers are exposed to a culture where a man may blow themselves up in a public square, or decapitate a baby in a public market.

MOD-Edit: Off-topic advertisement edited out. Please refer to the T & C.

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'd say the video was set up by some-one who hates america likely some english people, i know alot of english people are rascist and dont like americans i live with some of those kinds of people and i think its wrong for people to fabricate these things.

plus

nobody would perposely make a video like this then let it get out in the open? this is obviously a fake....

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I've considered both sides of the argument. I felt I was tricked, but then I looked closer. The soldier is holding it by the loose skin on the back of the neck, I don't think they make stuffed animals like that. Most baby animals dont move or make noise when being held like that, that's how their mothers pick them up. You can also see the puppy's legs dangle a little and head move a little. When it's thrown that's hard to tell. I've never seen a puppy thrown so I wouldn't know if it goes end over end like that.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I knew better than to watch this video, it has been keeping me up now for hours.
The way that puppy was being held was all too real. Any pup under about 12 weeks of age will go limp and relax when held like that. The little front paws were place exactly as they are on a real pup.

Right now I have a two year old hound, a 4.5 month old husky we have had since 7 weeks, and I just placed an entire litter of 12 fosters who were born here last september (born in july placed in september).

I handled that litter of pups (and many others) from the minute they were born and it looked an awful lot like a real dog to me in that video. I would age it at no more than 8 or 9 weeks, barely weaned from its mother.

Abuse of animals is one of the warning signs for later or potential abuse to people. I can understand that these men are living in a violent and psychologically harmful situation, but that in no way excuses such heinous crimes against a totally and utterly harmless little life.

IMO any soldier who is so far hardened and who's soul is so damaged is not safe with a weapon and needs a serious medical check and treatment before being allowed to return to service.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nnelsosj
The young soldier made a mistake, leave him alone.

If anyone is psychopathic, it's the people who are so far removed from the reality of our TOXIC and VIOLENT planet, that they can pretend to take the moral high ground on a suject like this.

Here is a soldier in Asia having a little baseball pitching practice.

Shot at 2008-03-08

[edit on 08/3/8 by nnelsosj]

You really are a jerk. It's people like you who hold the human race back from actually developing. If we had your way we'd all be living in caves and bashing each other over the heads with sticks. Moron.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
New footage has appeared.
Dog throws soldier:
www.liveleak.com...

Dunno if it's been posted before but I just thought it was funny to see =p.

I'm also of the opinion that the dog was fake, especially because it remains stiff throughout the whole video.

[edit on 14/3/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF U ARE ACTUALLY CLAIMING THAT THIS IS FAKE AND U KNOW THIS CAUSE THE DOG ISN'T MOVING. HAVE U NEVER SAW A MOMMA DOG CARRING THEIR PUP?!! THEY DON'T CRY OR SQUEAL AND THEY ARE VERY STILL. THE SKIN ON THE BACK OF A DOGS NECK IS VERY VERY TOUGH AND THICK. OH AND I WATCHED THE VIDEO THAT STATED THIS ONE WAS FAKE, IT WAS MADE DO TO THE OPINION OF A LOSER JUST LIKE THE SLDIER IS. IF THIS IS A FAKE VIDEO I'LL BE THE FIRST TO ADMITT I WAS WRONG BUT FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN, IT'S VERY REAL AND YES THAT IS EXACTLY HOW A PUP SOUNDS WHEN YELPING. IT IS SOO SAD THAT SOMEONE WHO IS SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT AMERICA DOES THIS. AT THIS POINT I DON'T GIVE A # IF HE'S GOT FAMILY, DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR HIM!!! I HOPE HIS LEGS ARE AMPUTATED AND HE IS PARALYSED FOR THE REAMINING OF HIS PATHEDIC LIFE. THAT HE SPENDS IT WITH THE HUMILATY THAT HE CAN'T EVEN WIPE HIS OWN ASS!!! AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO FEEL THIS BEHAVIOR AND ACT IS OK, THAT MAKES EXCUSES UP FOR THE TWO PATHEDIC SOLDIERS, I WISH U THE SAME FATE.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Uh, these poor insane sons of bitches are doing a lot worse # than throwing puppies. Mass murder and rape?

Remember the John Yu memo about using "sexual torture" on children in to get information out of their parents? Remember when he admitted it a press conference? What about when the judge refused to release the videos of children being raped in military prisons?

Remember this?

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
so you mean to tell me... Nobody has given this guy a Soap party yet?

(i.e. The soap bar in a sock beating they gave "corporal Pyle" in Full metal Jacket)

Sick is sick... Animals or humans. This bastard still deserves as good 'ole marine ass beatin.

Coven

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just thought I'd ad a follow up from my neck of the woods. The local news made a very good attempt at making the Marines look like a bunch of animal lovers. They ran a story about marines who adopted a couple of dogs from Iraq and brought them home. We love these dogs there are buddies. Nice story but just thought the obvious slant to make things look nice. And was the video found to be fake or real?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
thing is people forget what the military machine and experiences in war does to these young men . Its when they come home and finish their combat tours past memories of what they've done and been through come back to haunt them. On one level we should pity them. We have no clue what its like to loose our humanity. Some over there can hold on to their humanity, others sadly are weaker.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by OpusMarkII]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join