It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Chemtrails, help me understand them.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Until I started visiting ATS I had never heard of chemtrails, and I am still not sure that I quite understand the theory behind them, however it has become something that I would like to understand better. The reason being is that I live in rural Northwest Tennessee and on several occasions over the past few weeks I have noticed several planes scattered about high above in the sky early in the morning hours. These planes all have what I had always thought to simply be trails from either engine exhaust or some sort of vapors due to the temperature change when an airplane passes through the air.

So for you chemtrail experts please help me understand if what I am seeing could be chemtrails, or if my original theory is right.




posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
science.howstuffworks.com...

A large component of the exhaust from the engines on the planes is simple H2O. If the conditions at the altitude the plane is flying at are conducive to cloud formation, then the water vapour forms a cloud which can persist and even grow larger depending on how conditions change. If conditions are not right for cloud-formation the vapour just dissipates into the atmosphere.



posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Your original theory is right. Trust your instincts.

But I am sure that Neo, Billybob, and Bangin will dissagree.




posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
But I am sure that Neo, Billybob, and Bangin will dissagree.


Howard, I could have said the same about you.


Bushed, I'm sure we'd all like to have a better understanding when it comes to these trails. There are no 'chemtrail experts' so you'll just receive speculative feedback. Your original theory may be correct since aircraft form contrails at high altitudes under the right conditions.

Personally, I believe methods of spraying chemicals in the air have taken place in the skies for various purposes. I'm sticking with the weather modification theory at this point.

Just remember, IF an operation was taking place in the sky it would be very difficult to prove. We are grounded without wings.



posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes, there are of course many theories about 'chemtrails'. The idea is that 'they' are carrying out a mass spraying into the atmosphere for 'their' own reasons. Some of the reasons range from mind control to biological warfare to improved radar systems designed to watch 'us' more effectively.

The thing is there is simply no difference between regular contrails and what these proponents are citing as 'chemtrails'. Nor has there been any real reason for this suspicion beyond 'it doesn't look right to me'.

EDIT: Oh I forgot the weather modification theory. Its probably the best as the contrails actually can have an effect on the weather. At least on the amount of sunlight that reaches the ground. NASA (I think?) is even proposing a study on the amount that heavy-traffic areas are effected by extreme contrail propogation.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Kano]



posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
EDIT: Oh I forgot the weather modification theory. Its probably the best as the contrails actually can have an effect on the weather. At least on the amount of sunlight that reaches the ground. NASA (I think?) is even proposing a study on the amount that heavy-traffic areas are effected by extreme contrail propogation.


That's correct-NASA is asking all of the little children to help them with their studies.



posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Yes, there are of course many theories about 'chemtrails'. The idea is that 'they' are carrying out a mass spraying into the atmosphere for 'their' own reasons. Some of the reasons range from mind control to biological warfare to improved radar systems designed to watch 'us' more effectively.

The thing is there is simply no difference between regular contrails and what these proponents are citing as 'chemtrails'. Nor has there been any real reason for this suspicion beyond 'it doesn't look right to me'.

EDIT: Oh I forgot the weather modification theory. Its probably the best as the contrails actually can have an effect on the weather. At least on the amount of sunlight that reaches the ground. NASA (I think?) is even proposing a study on the amount that heavy-traffic areas are effected by extreme contrail propogation.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Kano]


you forgot how the "they're spraying nano-technology that gets into our bodies and weakens our immmune systems" theory...


Kano, i am very glad you got in here and shot this down before all the crazy chemtrail people got in here. it really did make my day so far.


jra

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here is the NASA study: www.larc.nasa.gov...



posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Do a google on "Patrick Minnis," or go the Chemtrail Central forum and search for posts under the name canex



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join