It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville Symbols - Full David Caron Video Leaked!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
OK... here are screenshots of a small portion of the symbols.

They are taken in order from left to right, top to bottom. I skipped a few when they got really blurry as you will see. Now this is seriously like 1 minute of the footage, if that.

Im hoping someone will be able to recognize a pattern in these things. Obviously there are hundreds more to document but I just don't have the time right now. Lets see what ATS can make of them

Wow!
This is a work of art. Was this made from the Youtube? I know Youtube’s resolution isn’t very good.
Was this vid on mythbusters? I feel like I remember some show trying to recreate this effect.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
One thing to note in that picture above, with all the "symbols." In pretty much every one, there is a brighter point in each symbol, which is pretty much round. Which would be a fairly solid indication to me, that that's the actual source of the symbols. Interesting and kinda cool, but not alien sadly.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I get that feeling too. The description of the UFOs that are huge and then draw down to nothing in a second is reminescent of the way the TV shuts off. Check my siggy for the relavant you tube vid disclosing the motivation for "ufo" and "alien" sightings. Don't believe everything you see.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

Holycow that is the oddest thing I have seen, ever!! They are trying to communicate through symbols, I have yet to see the symbol that has popped into my mind, which is a triple symbol of the goddess, very odd, how come I nver see anything this cool???

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is my favorite.

Look slike the Enterprise. Beam me up Scotty!

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
At first, this reminded me of the theban alphabet (used by wiccans but of indefinate origin). I delved further, and found other symbols, or heiroglyphs, shall we call them? This is because they are "squiggly" and have curves

www.omniglot.com...

but on further look, I don't think this is the case as there are many other alphabets that have this form to them.

I don't have time to further look into this, because I am not an expert, but I did find a source to look at the different forms of glyphs (which I'm sure there are thousands) that these apparent symbols may be compared to.

www.omniglot.com...

If anyone comes up with a possible simularity, or even a match with one of these symbolic, early alphabets, I'd be interested to know.

IMO, people are too ready to dismiss things without first sussing them out.

I think that regardless of whether this is of human, or other origin, there is still a definate attempt at communication here. If it was human, then the feat of perfectly projecting these symbols as they appear is impressive enough in itself, and deserves further scrutiny. It is still something unexplained.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by untoherown]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Anyone know what kind of camcorder was used for this?? I'm curious if that "chuggy" effect is merely the result of the camer's specs or it actually was chuggy like that.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zuretal

Yes, as explained in this post, the camera was a JVC using the "Night Alive" setting.

Said setting has indeed been shown to cause the effect when taping a bright star such as Sirius.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Did someone already tried to put all the images together in a shot??
Maybe all the images are like a small puzlle of lights...and when you put EACH ONE in only one frame you get something.

Its only a tought...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

This sky writing seems pretty unprecedented to me. Is this unheard of or what?

Man, it's moving fast, too bad the framerate on the camera wasn't better although beggers can't be choosers.

Sorry if this has already been asked but is there any background information to this video?

EDIT:

Never mind, I read through more of the thread. I see the answer.

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Re: OP

The video seems to depict a single contiunous line in various patterns that look like writitng.

However,

The stuff in the video might just be a single light source and camera shake making the patterns and designs that you see. If the camera has a very high framerate then I think it might be possible.

This can be easily proved with information about the video camera and a test.

I'm not convinced that this is anything usual. I think it's a helicopter - you can even hear it on the video.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Here's a video I made to explain what's happening. This was Sirius filmed using a CCD camera attached to a large telescope. The whole system was very solidly mounted. The only way I could get any vibration was to thump the mount with my hand. The system tends to vibrate in a 'Figure 8' fashion, so the 'symbols' tend to appear similar throughout. The more random shapes seen in the Stephenville clip are due to the cameraman's heartbeat as he tries to hold the camera steady while focussing on the point light source. From the amount of scintillation shown, I'd say this was also the star Sirius.

WaveGuide3

[edit on 10-11-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
Here's a video I made to explain what's happening. This was Sirius filmed using a CCD camera attached to a large telescope. The whole system was very solidly mounted. The only way I could get any vibration was to thump the mount with my hand. The system tends to vibrate in a 'Figure 8' fashion, so the 'symbols' tend to appear similar throughout. The more random shapes seen in the Stephenville clip are due to the cameraman's heartbeat as he tries to hold the camera steady while focussing on the point light source. From the amount of scintillation shown, I'd say this was also the star Sirius.

WaveGuide3

Many thanks for that!

So I'm right!

Case closed.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
How do we know for sure that it's Sirius though? I mean, we can't rule Sirius out now, but it could still be a video of whatever craft was there. It's just so distorted that you can't tell for sure what it is exactly. We know there was some kind of strange craft in Texas because of the radar data. The symbols are still irrelevant though, since they're caused by the camera setting (even if it is a ship). So in the end, I guess it doesn't really matter what the object is because the camera just didn't record it very well.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Looks to me like time lapsed video of a light source bouncing around. And why is the original video framerate so sporatic and not constant.

Most UFO videos are at 30fps, this one seems to be a copy of a video running at less than 8 fps onto a final 30fps video.

I would call this one a nice light effect show thats more down to Earth than most want to admit to.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Looks to me like time lapsed video of a light source bouncing around. And why is the original video framerate so sporatic and not constant.

It's due to an optional shutter setting on some camcorders. There's the 'night shoot' setting and another one which shoots a few frames, stops, then shoots again. I forget what it's called but it's all been discussed ad nauseum on the forum.

EDIT: NightAlive Mode: NightAlive is JVC's night shooting mode, and is equivalent to slow shutter modes on other camcorders. Night Alive is feature that automatically adjusts the shutter speed in a range from 1/2 to 1/30 seconds, enhancing the light gathering ability of the GZ-MG505. Like any slow shutter mode, Night Alive will result in blurring of moving subjects, but will provide better color saturation in low light environments.

WG3

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
How do we know for sure that it's Sirius though?

We don't. But it certainly looks like Sirius from the spectral range seen in the clip. All bright stars scintillate, especially when near the horizon and are often colored differently, reds, greens, blues, etc. They'll always scintillate a range of spectral colors due to atmospheric diffraction and turbulence. It could be any bright star, but if you prefer to call it an unidentified craft, that's fine by me.

WG3

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sorry to bump this old thread bu I believe I know what this is...

Ok, first of all.. there is a military base right here around Stephenville.. Here is what I believe happened... the government is working on stealth blimp aircraft. I believe they have gone into this HEAVILY. So let's say they were testing on of these and for some reason it malfunctioned or went off course somehow.. I think it was disabled so it went low and just hovered in the sky.

The symbols or light show is a method of disguising what it is when disabled and sitting idle. The reason i think they do this is because they need to hide what the craft is.. AND prevent small aircraft from hitting it while sitting there like this.

Imagine if this stealth blimp just sat there in the dark trying to hide or not be seen and some small aircraft ran right into it.

I think they use this light show to scare aircraft away and to make the blimp look weird and prevent people from figuring out what it is.

I also think that these stealth blimps could have a skin that is like a giant LCD screen so they can use it as camouflage and blend in with the sky. And they can use that same LED camouflage to make this light show too.

I think this is why Ricky Sorrell was harassed on the phone too.. because he saw it up close.

I also think these stealth blimps could be using anti-gravity propulsion developed by Dr Ning Li. This would be those inverted cones that Sorrell saw underneath it as well.

Didn't one of the guys say he saw the craft kind of transforming in the sky too? I can't find it now but JP Aerospace used to have an animation that showed a blimp type craft rotating and ascending vertically. This would fit the "transforming" description an eye witness made.

msnbcmedia4.msn.com...

www.interactivearchitecture.org...

lifeboat.com...

www.jpaerospace.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join