It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's your water / Global warming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There has been much controversy over the subject of global warming and missing lakes, glaciers, and icebergs. Well let me tell you I know the answer to this problem and it is not as much what we are being told.

There are well over 100 companies competing for your business in the beverage industry world wide. Companies such as Coca Cola co., and Pepsi Cola Co. are to soda what GM and Ford are to Vehicles. Those two companies alone produce more than 1 billion liters of soda/year.

Little know fact, it takes 3 liters of pure water to produce a single liter of soda.

Now until the invention of pop/soda, what have you, it was considered that water can never be destroyed. And that we are drinking the same water the dinosaurs, cro-magnon man, Romans, Egyptians, and so on and so forth drank. However, In this case for every liter of soda made 3 liters leaves the water cycle permanently. Of course there will be missing lakes overtime, it was only a matter of how long?

Now that we have talked about soda, lets talk about bottled water companies. These companies claim their water is all natural spring water, and astonishingly the springs they are cyphering from are completely dry after a few thousand cases of water is made. So they move to the next spring and keep on keeping on.

The water that is taken from those springs is most likely relocated to a place where it will never be replenished back to nature. Instead it is literally urinated away into the local sewage system only to be treated at a treatment plant. Then it is taken by a soda manufacturer and either made into soda or retreated through reverse osmosis and bottled again as bottled water.

Now this is where the problem of missing lakes comes in, they are not missing, just discreetly placed into 500ml bottles and displayed in your face everyday. Only because you are looking at a small portion you don't clue into what is happening.

Some companies go as far as to say "Well we only use glacier water" and this involves actually removing portions of glaciers and then melting them down to bottle them. Those glaciers are what kept the north and south poles at a eco friendly temperature.

By diminishing the amounts that were originally in place, you are not only off setting the balance in temperature. You are also off setting the displacement of water in the oceans on the whole. Thus resulting in a lower mass pressing down on the surface and causing the poles to shift at a much more rapid rate.

So my friends, that is your answer to the missing water and Global Warming, you make the choice to purchase these products, and by doing so we are the cause of our own demise.

I have chosen to boycott these products, and so has my family.I leave the rest to you, what will you do about it?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I guess you guys really don't care about where your water is going, nor about the lies of global warming.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by parry noid

This is interesting parry noid. This makes sense. It seems that you have extensive knowledge with this issue. I would love to hear more from you

Starred & flagged!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Thank you Searching for Truth, It's really just a matter of wanting to know everything. I have a life long goal to be the goat on the mountain everyone comes to for advice. So I spend my days researching, thinking and conversing with my wife on world issues.

I have to say that it's very audacious of the major companies of the world to attribute to the problems, pay someone else to make up lies about things that have nothing to do with the problem at hand, and then not help with the solution.

Even if the water were to be replaced/relocated what would become of the billions of empty bottles? For some reason people today do not seem to look past the corner, They only see whats in front of them. In other words, they could care less about fifty years from now, and only think about the next five years.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Aside from the fact that the commonly available soda are not really a good substitute for water. Its nutritional value is highly questionable.

I also heard & read somewhere (I will try to find the source) that (some of)the bottled drinking water are not that safe nor cleaner than the traditional drinking water.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm curious to see how you arrived at some of your statistics. For one, you're saying it takes 3 liters of water to make 1 liter of bottled water. My question to you is where does the other 2 liters of water go?? The laws of physics say that the water cannot just disintegrate. It has to either be a waste product in the process, be broken up into atomic hydrogen and oxygen, or be directly converted to energy as in e=mc^2. If it's a waste product, it goes right back into the environment as water so it's not consumed at all. Do coke and pepsi have some kind of fission reactor in their plants to destroy this water?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thank you Blue Triangle, It wasn't 3 liters water to 1 liter water, It was 3 Liters Water to 1 Liter Soda Syrup. The water factor goes tit for tat. The only problem is the additives such as Sulfur, fluoride, and sodium.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If anyone here has ever had the pleasure of making Maple syrup then they know that it takes about 7 liters of the plain clear sap to make about a liter of the stick viscous treat.

The same principal goes for making soda, 3 liters of water is mixed with large amounts of sugar(Canada,Mexico), or High Fructose Corn syrup(USA), phosphoric acid, caramel, color, natural flavors, and caffeine.

Then the mixture is boiled to a 3:1 ratio, causing it to become a viscous syrup. The final process is to add more water to the mix and carbonate it.

Much of the same happens for other sodas, but that is just the process for the popular drinks Coca Cola, Pepsi, Brio, RC cola, Jolt, PC Cola, and many others.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OK so here is a little bit of math to get the idea across a single case of water containing 30 bottles at 500ml per bottle is the equivalent of 15 Liters of water. Now The company which manufactures these easily has over 5,000 cases at a given time. That is 75,000 Liters of water inside a single warehouse. Now think of all the WalMarts, Kmarts, Zellers, and Grocery stores that carry water.

Another point I never mentioned and definitely deserves credit as a culprit in the theft of water everywhere. Personal swimming pools in peoples back yards;
The average swimming pool holds 70,000 liters of water. Think of those olympic size ones and the YMCA as well as school swimming pools hold easily over 100,000 liters.

Face it people we are the cause of our own demise! There are people in other countries not fortunate enough to get the luxury of running water, and we take it for granted.....

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
But the water boiled down didn't disappear. It just evaporated into the atmosphere where it will condense back to liquid form somewhere else in the environment. It doesn't just magically go away never to return, unless Pepsi and Coca-Cola have a hidden agenda to ship used water into the deep darkness of space.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by 1Angrylightbulb]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I believe he means that it is leaving the cycle simply by being locked up in all those water bottles.

I personally have already shunned soda and bottled water for their negative health effects, but my aquaria still use large quantities of RO water. Fortunately, this evaporates after a few days, so is left to re-enter the cycle.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
But the water boiled down didn't disappear. It just evaporated into the atmosphere where it will condense back to liquid form somewhere else in the environment. It doesn't just magically go away never to return, unless Pepsi and Coca-Cola have a hidden agenda to ship used water into the deep darkness of space.

It is a conspiracy to hide the water thus boosting the price of bottled water :-)

Well said on the disappearance of the water. It doesn't go away. It is evaporated and will provide someone else much needed rain.

For me personally I'm tired of soda. I've been on a carbonated mineral water kick lately. I have a bottle of soda in the house that I haven't opened in a couple of weeks. That normally would never happen here.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

Are you insulting my intelligence? Sir I believe you should read on further in the post where I mention about creating Maple Syrup. Its not the fact that the water is evaporated, it is boiled down in mass quantities, ie 10 liters of Liquid concoction = 3 liters of syrup, then once the syrup is made they further add water which they carbonate.

The final calculation is that it took 3 full liters of pure H2O to create a mixture equaling 1 liter of Sugary soda. However SlyCM is also correct in the fact of saying that it has left in the bottle never to be replenished.

Not to mention that once your body breaks down the Soda there is less than 35% volume of water retained.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hi all, first post here. I'm having trouble believing that 3L of water is contained in 1L of soda. I'm not insulting your intelligence, but it would help if you could provide the chemical reactions that take place in the process. I have a fundamental knowledge of chemistry, but I will have to look up how the water molecules react with the rest of the above mentioned ingredients. I am inclined to think the H2O molecule breaks apart to bond with the other molecules seprately. Oxygen is much larger than Hydrogen so perhaps only the Hydrogen is used in the process, and the Oxygen is given off into the atmosphere. This would explain why a larger volume of liquid (3L water) would be needed to create a smaller volume (1L soda). I could be way off, as I said I would have to look it up.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
and what of this soda as it is "removed" from the body?
the water cycle never falters, regardless of soda's agenda. do you really think that coca cola would bother melting ice caps to simply make some pop?

water can never permanently be desroyed, you can break it down with electrolysis but burn H and you get,,,Water!

you are saying that it is being relocated..not removed entirely. again i will press my common belief that humans, being the current lazy things we are, cant be bothered to move to water.

im not an expert on soda making, but i do think that there is never going to be a shortage of water, so long as the oceans are not made into vast quantities of coke and then blasted into space, or the sun doesnt blow up.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
3 liters of water evaporate from your mouth while you type. Save the planet and shut your mouth.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb

They are.....you'll see a new product soon.....COKE TREK: CHOICE OF THE NEXT GENERATION.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
IMO global warming the Earth's way of regeneration... Think about it, when a tree falls over and dies it doesn't just sit there.... It Rots and then things eat the rot and eventually it is recycled after time to become many other things. Well if people stop populating so rapidly the Earth may have some time to recover and regenerate it's natural resources which we gobble up so aimless and carelessly.

The only way the Earth can do this is by "Rotting" and regenerating into new things, you may ask how is this rotting?

Well let me tell you, In order for rot to take place there has to be some kind of action first, when things decompose they naturally give off heat. So this "Global warming is the combination of many instances."

IE. Cooperations bottling water and soft drinks by the billions using water from lakes, Glaciers and Icebergs. Almost every household purchasing swimming pools which a standard pool contains anywhere from 50 to 90,000 liters of water. Ok so all this displaced water has taken away from the Earths natural cooling ability of the vast lakes, oceans, and seas.
(One chip of paint off the way goes unnoticed for a while where as many chips stick out like a sore thumb)

Mass amounts of CO2 emissions at an unstable rate combined with deforestation at a record highs, there is lowered amounts of plants to absorb the CO2 and create sufficient amounts of O2 back into the atmosphere. Thus creating the "Smog effect" or as you may know it as the greenhouse effect.
(This is like turning on your high beams in a dense fog, the light is refracted in all directions by the water vapours in the air.)

There are more variables to take into effect but all and all you see what I'm getting at. To make a long story short the Earth feels like it is dying and needs to rot to recycle.

This happens every 10,000 or so years as cycles, first a hot cycle which all weak life forms die off, then a cold cycle to slow down and halt the disease process, when the thawing occurs every dead thing acts as compost and allows Nature to regenerate.

Don't take it personal, and try to do your part, after all you are a tenant to the Earth and you are not here permanently.

top topics

join