It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Concedes Vaccines Cause Autism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
"US Government Concedes Vaccines Cause Autism"

Press Release Contacts:
For Immediate Release February 26, 2008

CoMeD President [Rev. Lisa K. Sykes (Richmond, VA) 804-364-8426]
CoMeD Sci. Advisor [Dr. King (Lake Hiawatha, NJ) 973-263-4843]

Well folks this is really big news since it was handle in Federal court. I can see the lawsuits piling up now or class actions.

Next will be the Mercury in Dental fillings called Amalgam, which contains 50% mercury.

US Government Concedes Vaccines Cause Autism

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the federal agency that oversees the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), recently conceded the first vaccine-autism case. This case was filed in the no-fault National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program as part of the Autism Omnibus proceedings in the U.S. Federal Court of Claims. It was one of the first three cases chosen that alleged Thimerosal in childhood vaccines significantly contributed to a child developing autism.
Clifford Shoemaker, of Shoemaker and Associates of Vienna, Virginia, is the attorney of record in the Hanna Poling v. Secretary of HHS (case: 02-1466V). Experts filing on behalf of the petitioner, Hanna Poling, included pediatric neurologist, Dr. Andrew Zimmerman of Johns Hopkins University, and Maryland geneticist and epidemiologist, Dr. Mark Geier of the Genetic Centers of America.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Continued......

This concession shows the dishonesty of the continual media spin coming from public health officials and others who maintain there is no evidence that Thimerosal, or any other part of any vaccine, has ever caused autism or, for that matter, has harmed anyone in any way.
The facts are that the Vaccine Compensation Act has already compensated over 2,000 individuals who proved that they were harmed by vaccines, resulting in settlements of nearly two billion dollars.
Additionally, hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific/medical articles from some the world’s best universities have long implicated Thimerosal in vaccines as a causal factor in neurodevelopmental disorders including autism. Furthermore, in 2003, the U.S. House of Representatives’ Government Reform Committee, after a 3.5-year investigation, concluded that Thimerosal caused the autism epidemic and that the FDA and health authorities were guilty of “institutional malfeasance” in covering it up.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Still no reason not to have the jab though; a small risk of illness from a vaccine is still better than an outbreak of rubella, TB or polio. There are already communities in the UK that have had outbreaks of measles because groups of parents have decided not to vaccinate. No medical treatment is 100% safe, the risk simply needs to be managed.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Naboo the Enigma

The problem with this view is:
1. it makes the good of the many take precedence over the good of the individual;
2. not all immunizations are created equal nor uniformly effective. We already have seen that they regret pushing cervical cancer immunizations; side effects are often equal to or worse than the disease;
3. in 100 years (or less) we will have progressed to the point where injecting a mixture of toxic and unknown proteins into the body with a needle will seem barbaric and will be known to be largely ineffective;
4. unless you are familiar with risks and benefits it is impossible to make an informed decision. If you are not intimately familiar with the creation and manufacture of vaccines, you HAVE NO IDEA what is in that syringe, do you?

So any answer involving 'just get jabbed' is incorrect when viewed from a distance of only a few years.

2 cents.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just to be clear, some immunizations are effective, cheap and have low side effects. I always keep my tetanus immunizations up to date.

However, I don't rush out to be first in line to get a new vaccine unless there is a compelling personal reason to do so.

We already know there is ample incentive to lie and distort the materials used (monkey-derived vaccines), with the justification that the masses are too dumb to be given the truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Those interested in this admission by the USA's government may also be interested in the efforts of one man to find a cure for his child:

"Lorenzo's Oil" for Autism

I remember reading on Asian websites the statement that the Chinese were deliberately sending poisoned items to the USA as payback for the bad vaccines that made so many of their citizens autistic.

While some doubt that the vaccine is the complete cause, it is evidently a trigger for something devastating in far too many children.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I was gonna reply to the first thread I saw but there was no way to. I don't know if my browser or comp is acting up, but....

On topic. I have Asperger's Syndrome. Which would be High functioning autism. I would like to see this go further and make it to a point where they wait to give children vaccines when their brain develope more and it won't cause damage. I guess after the age of 4, they have found that kids who are not vaccinated and get it then do not become autistic. Maybe a thread of advice here.......

Edited my me

You know, once we have a way to cure something, is it really a cure or someway of covering it up. I went through therapy and I still have social problems, textile problems and so forth. I would give anything to be able to take a sheet of tinfoil and cove something for the fridge, but I can't. Tin foil makes me cringe. Just the sound of it. Two objects rubbing together are the same thing. Especially if it is metal and plastic. I can not even touch my own clothes If I don't use softerner.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Timmyboi23]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
More vaccination/autism links:

June 28, 2008
Experts to Discuss One Puzzling Autism Case, as a Second Case Has Arisen

By GARDINER HARRIS
The New York Times

Federal health officials on Sunday will call together some of the world’s leading experts on an obscure disease to discuss the controversial case of a 9-year-old girl from Athens, Ga., who became autistic after receiving numerous vaccinations.

But the government has so far kept quiet a second case that some say is more disturbing and more relevant to the meeting.

On Jan. 11, a 6-year-old girl from Colorado received FluMist, a flu vaccine, and about a week later “became weak with multiple episodes of falling to ground” and “difficulty walking,” according to a case report filed with federal health officials and obtained by The New York Times.

The girl grew increasingly weak and feverish and “became more limp, appears sleepy, acts as if drunk,” the report said. She was hospitalized and underwent surgery and was finally withdrawn from life support. She died on April 5, according to the report.

Both the 9- and 6-year-olds had mitochondrial disorders, a spectrum of genetic diseases that have received almost no attention from federal health officials. The 9-year-old, Hannah Poling, was 19 months old and developing normally in 2000 when she received five shots against nine infectious diseases. Two days later, she developed a fever, cried inconsolably and refused to walk. In the next seven months, she spiraled downward, and in 2001 doctors diagnosed autism.

No one knows whether vaccinations had anything to do with the girls’ health problems, and the scientific significance of individual cases is always difficult to assess. But suggestions that mitochondrial disorders could be set off or worsened by vaccinations, and that the disorders might be linked to autism, prompted the meeting on Sunday and has brought the disorders sudden national attention...

www.nytimes.com... cXj3yPXrDA

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Timmyboi23

I agree totally that these vaccines shouldn't be given at such an early age and that if you wait a couple of years symptoms within the autism spectrum would show themselves and be contra-indications to the vaccine.

My son has ADHD (within the Autism/Aspergers spectrum). From the age of eight weeks he was showing obvious signs of high intelligence and very good physical coordination (an example being, spotting something he wanted to investigate on the other side of the room, shuffling his body round so that he was lined up with it, then rolling in a straight line to it).

He had his MMR jab at 13 months (standard practice in the UK). Following this I noticed a change in his physical development. Whilst his hand to eye coordination was still excellent, his legs no longer kept pace with the rest of him, leading to countless falls and bumps (he had been walking since 10 months so it wasn't the usual stumbling of a child learning to walk). He then started to develop repetitive behaviour patterns and resistance to any change in his environment - in other words, behaviour one would associate with autism.

I've had 4 kids and 2 step kids so I'm pretty used to the development stages, and each of my kids developed at completely different rates and had totally different abilities. But I've never noticed a sudden change or disparity between mental and physical coordination in any of the others.

I don't believe that the MMR per se "caused" my sons ADHD, but I do believe that it exacerbated it, and if this vaccination had been offered when he was older I would have known that he had contra indications for it.

Incidentally, my older son who has very mild ADHD didn't have the MMR, he had the vaccinations separately as he had suspected epilepsy. There was no change in his behaviour or development at all.

I wholeheartedly believe in vaccinating children but think there is no need to vaccinate at such a young age, particularly when most of these diseases are so rare nowadays. Obviously if you live in an area where there is a high risk or if an outbreak occurs then early vaccination should be considered, but it should not be standard practice.

top topics

join