It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My intellectual Property has been Violated!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
You ever consider a restraining order. Go down to your court house and get the info, the papers, pay the fee and get it stamped and served.

Frankly I would be embarrassed to walk into the county clerk and ask for a restraining order over something like this.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What about a call to the ex's husband's employer?

If he's really hacking the accounts after an apology and straightening out the child care payments, then find out where he works and talk sensibly to his boss.

Explain that if he does this to innocent and repentant individuals, he's unbalanced and could be a risk at his job?

Don't give any warning (again, if he really is being a jerk), or else he's likely to lie and warn the employer that he has a stalker.

Would be particularly effective if the guy is involved in the IT department. They take a dim view of black hat hacking.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

A psychological attack is always hard to deal with. I would much rather have someone punch me than to toy with my mind.

It has been my experience that the attacker will stop attacking when he knows he is not having his desired effects on you. Let him play out his game. He's hitting you with everything he has so you now know his capabilities and can protect against future attacks.

Then there is the matter of Karma. Whatever he does to you will come back to him eventually and bite him in the butt. If you retaliate with hostile actions towards him it will only cause more ill will and could create problems you really don't want.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
whatukno

I understand your frustrations with both the matter at hand and other poster's ignorant responses to your concerns regarding it. It is very easy to make noble comments and moral judgments on an internet forum when one is removed from the situation both physically and psychologically.

All of these posters are responding as if you are somehow dealing with a calm rational, sentient being who can be dealt with in a calm and rational way when everything that you have told us about his actions prove otherwise.

When someone goes out of their way to intentionally and maliciously destroy something that someone else has created for no reason other than to "get" the creator I think we can all agree that that 1) the aggressor/destroyer is the guilty party in this scenario 2) the guilty party does not behave in a rational or fair way 3) it would not make sense to attempt to deal with with the guilty party in a rational and fair way and 4) wronged/injured/threatened parties have a right to protect themselves from current threats, seek vengeance for past wrongs/injuries/threats, as well as defend themselves (often aggressively or preemptively) from future threats and/or the possibility of wrongs.

The problem with telling someone who has been a VICTIM to "just let it go" while attempting to persuade them that if they do not THEY are the guilty party who is behaving wrong is twofold. 1) The "victim" remains in a state of perpetual "victimhood" with the aggressor maintaining a certain amount of control and 2) the usefulness of the means are validated to the aggressor making them a viable course of action when dealing with future situations.

I honestly don't know what you should do as I am, thankfully, not in your situation. However, I will not be as self-righteous as to suggest that you do nothing about it and get on with your life.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by w4lt3r]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I certainly am not going to be physically violent with this guy (I am just not that way), I cannot just let this go either.

What I don't understand is, sure he felt wronged. He should have pursued it in a legal way. Putting up the wanted poster on the internet was a legal and justified response. I understand his purpose to that. To hack my accounts and delete my work? There is no justification to that in my mind. It's tat amount to cyber-terrorism to me.

Now in order for me to properly respond I see only one avenue. That would be to get a lawyer and file a lawsuit against him for the destruction of my intellectual property and to force the criminal justice system to pursue criminal charges against him.

I sent him an email about what specific crime under Florida law he violated. CHAPTER 815 COMPUTER-RELATED CRIMES

After sending him that email I haven't heard a word back from him. Now I have to save up for a lawyer to make this guy accountable for this.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
unless you actually lost money because of his antics, it seems you are going a bit too far and only hurting yourself out of spite.

I mean, even if you win a lawsuit, all you get is a very expensive "so there!"

It would be just as easy and cheaper (albeit less legal) to just smear dog feces under his car door handles or something.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Obviously you think that I'm the one who hacked your accounts. I'm not. I did however learn that someone did so without my knowledge or approval. After you emailed me I pleaded with the people that hacked your stuff and they released your accounts. I don't condone internet hacking or violence either. I admit that I wasn't very upset about your accounts being compromised as I'm sure you wouldn't be very upset if it happened to me. You ticked a lot of people off when you did what you did. It shouldn't come as any big surprise that something happened to you.

I would like to formally apologize to you for any trouble or loss of work you suffered. I never wanted someone to destroy your stuff. I would suggest for the sake of everyone involved that we squash this. We will most likely have a lifetime of some type of interaction and I don't wish to taint our relationship anymore than it already is.

With that being said, any spoofed email or hacked account will never in any way be tracked to me. I know, because I didn't do it. Also, if you choose to reject my apology and continue with a legal offense, I can assure you that I have ample resources to defend myself and my family. Please let me know of your decision.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
good god, couldnt you take this up privately?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Yes indeed you are correct Scientist, I think it would be best to continue the conversation with rikkles in private. As far as the purpose of this part of the forum to rant about what has happened. I am still angry. I perhaps have misplaced my anger. Focused it on the wrong person. I certainly don't want to take legal action against the wrong person.

So rikkles, I have sent you a U2U (it's a kind of a private message, you I know are a smart person and will figure out how to access it.) We will continue this part of the conversation in private.

I am still angry over whoever hacked my accounts and deleted my work. Perhaps it's not who I thought it was but as rikkles has alluded to he does know who did.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join