It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Favre says goodbye.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
But heres to Brett Farve, who will, in a few years, be elected to the Hall of Fame.....

Wait until that happens. Canton should probably start building a few hotels, because half the state of Wisconsin will be traveling to Ohio for that little gathering. If they're smart, they'll schedule the Packers for the Hall of Fame game, and Canton will take in more money in one weekend than they do all year.

Packer fans travel well, and enjoy they're food and beverages.

When asked by ESPN football insider Chris Mortensen how he thought he would handle starting in frigid cold games like last year's NFC Championship in Lambeau Field, Aaron Rogers answered, "You know Chris, I think it's plain to see that Brett's age was catching up to him, and he did not enjoy playing in the cold this last season. Obviously, I'm quite a bit younger, and look forward to the challenge. As long as I am not roughly tackled, I feel I'll do quite well."

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with a few here. Wait until the start of the 08 season before this gets etched in stone. I will be watching to see if he changes his mind.

Whether he retires this year or next or in 2010...Brett has been a joy to watch. Some people reach the Pro level and pretty much accept it as a pay check and the game itself doesn't mean as much. This man has loved the game from his first day as a pro...the money I'm sure was great, but if you watched him...the WIN was ALWAYS priority. He never lost his competitive drive...he had the heart of a high school player in a professional body.

No matter when...his final stop will definitly be CANTON, OHIO!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Being a bear fan myself the situation with farve leaving is bittersweet. I hated all those years where he would just burn us but loved his style and and passion.

I agree with some of the posters on here that we need more players like him and i'm not just talking about talent. I'm also talking about a drive to play the game and not just get payed by the game.

He will be missed.

On the other side of the conversation I think Aaron rodgers will do just fine. It might take a year or so to get the fit for the starting position but he will fit the bill.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathabeanz

Hello enemy.

j/k

I agree.

If I were a fan of another team, I could imagine how I would hate him, as in hate playing against him. But I've come across a lot of people, even if they are Bears or Vikings fans, where they still respect him and still love his passion for the game.

We definitely need more players like that in the NFL.

Maybe he'll start a new trend of players trying to be like him? We can only hope. It's much more entertaining watching players who truly love the game rather than players who just go out there for the pay check.

Yeah, football is a job, and people don't always enjoy their job and usually do it for the pay check. But football is also considered in the entertainment business. You're there to entertain the fans too, and they don't want to see you playing half assed just to meet your contractual requirements in order to get paid.

He was/is a unique player, and I think he'll always be remembered for that more than anything else, and rightfully so.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As a Lions fan I say see you later Favre!!! you've been killing me for years. Go fishing and enjoy the spoils of all those victories. I'm glad he got to leave after a solid season. Now if the Lions could just get rid of that 1 million pound weight named Millen we might have a shot in 5 years or so!!! I know it'll take at least that long to correct all of this guys mistakes!!! Maybe it's time for "THE MILLEN MAN MARCH"!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here are some rare gems from Favre's career.
Hope you enjoy.

The Brett Favre Era begins

Sept 20,1992 NFL Live (NBC) Brett Favre Post Game Interview

Rare Footage/Sept.20,1992 Brett Favre Interview

Sept 27,1992 Steelers@Packers,Brett Favre's 1st NFL Start

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Black_Fox]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join