It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brett Favre says goodbye.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Looks like Brett has decided he's had enough.

Thanks, man. It was a privilege watching you for all these years. There's been ups and downs, but without a doubt it was always exciting. He's the most exciting QB in the history of the game, imho.

He never missed a game. Just think about that. I feel a little funny knowing #4 will never take another snap.

Thanks for the memories.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Can you say Roger Clemens?

I'll believe it when next season starts.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think this is the right time for him to do this. I'd love for him to play forever, but if there was a time where I'd want him to step down, this is the time. So given that, I don't want him to come back.

Greatest quarterback of all time right there. I don't want to hear this garbage about Joe Montana.

Time to see what Aaron Rodgers can do..

[edit on 3/4/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We Love Brett Favre

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He was one of the best. I think it's time for him to move on though. The longer he prolongs it, the harder it's going to be for him to do it.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
yeah. he didn't get THE MOSS that's why. too bad he was awesome last year.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised. After last year I thought he'd try one more. Oh well, best to go out after a successful year, than on a downer. Any guesses on which network he ends up on?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

The John Deere tractor network. They'll show him sitting on his tractor mowing and pulling a little trailor around his Mississippi estate.

I have a hard time seeing him in a suit and tie talking about football on Sunday mornings.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Musky

You don't think he'll wind up on some network doing analysis?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

After watching him his entire career, I don't see that as his thing. Maybe an occasional appearance, but not every Sunday around some table.

But who knows? I'm surprised he's not coming back.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If he does do TV I hope it's not on FOX. That crew's about as perfect as you can get. On the other hand, you can replace any of that CBS trash with Favre and it would be a step up. CBS football pregame is unwatchable!

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As it's starting to sink in, it's almost not even real. It's so shocking to see that he's actually leaving, and actually gone.

I've only been watching football for about 7 or 8 seasons (because I'm not that old). The Packers have always been my favorite team, and he has always been the quarterback.

That's really going to be weird watching another QB out there.

It's actually sad to tell you the truth. Even though it's just a game, just a sport blah blah blah. But players like him do not come around very often, and when they go, it's a sad thing to see.

[edit on 3/4/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Kind of blows, doesn't it? Even if Rogers is good, it will never be the same. There's a guy that fighting and uphill battle.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I completely agree. CBS needs someone to spice up their pre-game show. I just don't know who could. I mean, it's that damn dull!!

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow.. I'm so depressed

I was going to finally get to see him play next year

Favre retires March 4. That's 3/4. Coincides with 3 MVP's for #4

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Someone needs to teach Shannon Sharpe how to talk.

And Bill Cowher is so weird now that he joined them. I think they did something to him.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
When asked by ESPN football insider Chris Mortensen how he felt about following the legendary Brett Favre as the Packers' starting quarterback, Aaron Rogers answered by fracturing his foot and separating his non-throwing shoulder.

He is expected back to answer more questions in six to eight weeks.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm realy going to miss Brett. He is the kind of player that would do a lot without much talent, he elevated others around them not only with is talent but also with his discipline and leadership. Given the current situation that professional sports fins itself, the sports not only football need more guys like him.

As far as the Packers goes, I dont think they going to drop that much. Rodgers has shown not only in preseason games, but in that game against the Cowboys that had huge playoffs implications, that he can play. He dont have to be great, just good enough and the Packers are going to be ok.

Football has evolved so much that even having a great quaterback dont guarantee a SB victory anymore. The Giants win is a prime example of that.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment if we think or expect Rodgers to be Brett Favre #2.

Like Brett said in his retirement news conference, Aaron Rodgers is his own guy. He's his own player. He shouldn't go out there trying to play like Brett Favre. He needs to play how he plays and get better as time goes on with that.

I don't expect some collapse. Rex Grossman led the Bears to the Super Bowl. Rodgers is better than Grossman.

The Packers have a good, solid and young team. I think as long as Rodgers can stay healthy, they'll be just fine.

My only concerns are A) like I just said, his health, and B) the players around him not giving him the kind of support that they gave Favre. They're professionals so I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but I sincerely hope they can rally around, as a team, and move on together.

Brett will certainly be missed. It's still very depressing that he's gone, but as he said, all good things must come to an end.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
That was by far the most gut-wreching retirement speach i have ever seen...

It was painful to watch.

I can't remember another one like it.

He was something real special at QB, a pure football player.

We can only hope that he stays hidden from the camera for a few years, i would HATE to see him on one of the anaylast shows, doing over the top fake laughs and the whole act, its terrible to see some players to that. The only x-player that i want to see on pre-game is Deion Sanders... thats it, mabye some ocasonal guests, but bringing out every retired football player to do this is getting bad, its not good, its painful to watch and i don't even tune in anymore to see the pregame shows, they stink... that might have to do with living on the west coast... and that 10am starting time...

But heres to Brett Farve, who will, in a few years, be elected to the Hall of Fame, and has a seat reserved for him amoung the football gods...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join