It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hair Loss: Is there a cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have a full set of hair. However, my nephew is only 21 and he's loosing his hair already. I shower everyday, use shampoo and always keep my hair clean. What do you think causes hairloss? and is there a cure for it? because I know for men, that's the worst thing that can happen. For me keeping my hair clean everyday has worked, but maybe you guys know other methods? Discuss!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The cure for it is to go shiny bald.

The minute my hair starts thinning I will give it the finger and shave it all off.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
lol beachcoma, you tell it who's boss now!

I know diet plays a huge part of hair health. can't say if it would be a cause for men's hair loss but when women's hair starts thinning out it has a lot to do with their diet - mostly what they aren't eating too.

I doubt there is a cure for it, if there was I am sure many men the world over would be paying up to make someone rich for it.

Don't Rogaine and the like work ?

[edit on 4-3-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I have a full set of hair. However, my nephew is only 21 and he's loosing his hair already. I shower everyday, use shampoo and always keep my hair clean. What do you think causes hairloss? and is there a cure for it? because I know for men, that's the worst thing that can happen. For me keeping my hair clean everyday has worked, but maybe you guys know other methods? Discuss!

In my opinion it has absolute nothing to do with showering everyday, use shampoo and always keep your hair clean.
It is a pure men’s problem.

For what causes hair loss see,

www.embarrassingproblems.co.uk...

The best way is to try to accept it and do it indeed the radical way as Beachcoma says, but that is absolute easy saying and is for many young man a very difficult decision to make and absolute understandable.
And I know from experience.

Not a 100% guarantee but absolute worth a try, but isn’t cheep.

Aminexil

hairloss1.introweb.nl...

Aminexil

Especially for people who lose hair, Kerastase developed Aminexil. One treatment comprises of 42 bottles. Apply one bottle to your scalp every day for 6 consecutive weeks. This is all you have to do for the Aminexil treatment to succeed. No special treatments, just application and massage. Aminexil from Kérastase is made for easy usage.

Finasteride

Generic Name: Finasteride

Packets of 30 x 1 mg Tablets
Manufactured by Merck

Use
Propecia is a product for men that can prevent further hairloss and increase hair growth. The active ingredient Finasteride, blocks the formation of DHT (one of the male hormones that causes hairloss), and gives the hair follicles a chance to recover and grow.

Read the possible side effects and Precautions first of course.

www.unitedpharmacies.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
most "cures" aren't really cures at all. for example, rogaine or anything else using minoxidil typically have to be applied every day, for the rest of your life.

So really, is it worth putting expensive goo all over your head for the rest of your life to maintain a thinning look?

From what I understand, genetics play a larger part in hair loss than diet, stress or poor hygiene combined (within reason).

The only real solution is to one-up mother nature and just shave it all off.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
See, I don't know. I'm talking from experience. I wash my hair everyday and I have a full set of hair! way too much hair sometimes. On my ears too!

I think baldness comes from not being a clean person. letting all the sweaty acids remain on your head for too long. The fatty waxy acids keep the follics blocked and the hair unhealthy. I think Hygiene is the only cure. Not wearing dirty hats and such. I see hair like grass, give it some water everyday and it stays healthy. Water is the secret methinks. :w:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

That doesn't explain homeless dudes with long frizzy hair.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I think baldness comes from not being a clean person. ....

I think Hygiene is the only cure. Not wearing dirty hats and such.. :w:

That must explain why bands like Metallica(above) have an reputation for always bathing,never wearing hats and smelling like a rose after months in a tour bus.

Hair cleans itself and re-adresses the natural oil balance when you stop washing it with pharma-rot soaps and suds...

(This thread has a ring of..

"They're not for me..honest..they're for a friend..he's too embarrassed to buy them himself")

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
jedi, sigh. :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

See, I don't know. I'm talking from experience. I wash my hair everyday and I have a full set of hair! way too much hair sometimes. On my ears too!

I think baldness comes from not being a clean person. letting all the sweaty acids remain on your head for too long. The fatty waxy acids keep the follics blocked and the hair unhealthy. I think Hygiene is the only cure. Not wearing dirty hats and such. I see hair like grass, give it some water everyday and it stays healthy. Water is the secret methinks. :w:

WOW i just came across this thread because a scientist actually came across a cure for baldness...

anyway this statement above I hope was a joke because i am dumbfounded. I face palmed so hard i have a red handprint on my face

baldness and your hairline is hereditary, I think it has to do with high testosterone levels as-well. in the end you get the genetic trait from your Mother.

just look at your mothers father's hair and that will tell you what your hair will look like when you're older. thats the majority rule im sure there are some people who don't apply.

CURE
edit on 6/28/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Does the cure involve a remedy like "Wear a hat"? That's really the cheapest best cure for baldness. Just decorate your dome with something else.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Have you checked your thyroid?
Hair loss is a common side effect of thyroid disorders.

thyroid.about.com...

Also you may need to eat more ''proteins".

Hope this helps.

join