It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang or Big Bounce?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Big Bang Cycle

A few weeks ago there was a program on BBC2 about the atom and how its discovery eventually led to the 'Big Bang Theory', with the big bang theoretically being the only thing with the temperatures and pressures to create the excess helium found in stars such as our sun.

It mentioned that the big bang started with a tiny dot of concentrated mass which then exploded for whatever reason, eventually creating the universe.

When watching this I remembered that mass cannot be created or destroyed so all the mass that is now in the unverse must have been conatined in this one dot of mass.

I likened this to a black hole which led to me coming up with my theory of the big bang, rather being the point of all creation, actually being part of a huge cycle.

I have no evidence or calculations to back this up, I just want to see what you guys think about it and whether it is possible.

Here is a basic description of my theory:

-A single point containing all mass and energy in the universe explodes, sending all mass and engery outwards.

-Stars, planets, galaxies etc are formed.

-Some of these stars die and form black holes

-The black holes begin absorbing mass and energy

-More and more black holes are formed as more and more stars die, all the while mass and energy is absobed into these black holes

-Eventually all mass and energy has been absorbed into these black holes

-The huge gravitational pull of the black holes attract them towards each other

-The black holes are absorbed into each other untill there is just one point in space that contains all mass an energy of the universe

-This single point containing all mass and energy in the universe explodes.........etc

I looked on wikipedia as well and found a couple of articles on this so i can;t be the first to think of this:

Cyclic Model

Oscillatory Universe

So...what do you think?

Big Bang - a unique event
Big Bounce - a recurring event

or have you got some other idea?

all comments are appreciated

[edit on 4-3-2008 by owzitgarn]

new topics

join