It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another fairy Tale Spoiled. - p1-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
First : i apologize for time wasted, bad grammar, poor spelling and other highly probable bumps.
Second : i appreciate any kind of criticism. (plz be gentle
).
Third :Had to put it here because i think that the idea fits this forum perfectly.
Enjoy (as much as you can....).

Another fairy Tale Spoiled.

Chapter 1

Do you believe in goblins?

The heart….It was pulsing in his chest, as if trying to escape, to fly away from its ungrateful owner. Well, it is even better this way. The stronger the fear gets, the braver it's conqueror, as his trainer once taught him. He must not think about the dark which surrounds him, about his only ally and friend – his beloved horse, grazing only hundred meters away and yet unreachable. He has to do it – both for his lord and for his own name and honor – to push forward and finish those cowardly goblins. Last day in the castle came to his mind once more.
- 'Clovis' – the lord whispered – 'You want to be my knight, so hear now what I demand of you, this is your test of adulthood."
His lord looked small and weak; lying helplessly in a gigantic bed. His candle of life was slowly dying out.
- 'Clovis', - continued his master - 'There are rumors of hell and goblins. Dark rumors…. You know that all my retinue is fighting those damn Visigoths; there is no one else whom I can send. And yet someone has to be sent. I wish I was ten years younger, I would show hell to these hell spawns.'
Quiet short laughter gave way to ripping cough.
- 'Julian will tell you all you have to know. Now go away, I'm tired and in need of sleep. Maybe I will kill those goblins in my dream…'.
And then the armory… Getting real arms, real sword - not the junk which rusts faster than you can put it on…And as a final sign of his status – Julian, which only week ago treated him like a peon, was acting very differently. The tone, the glances, all have changed. That’s when Clovis swore to himself that he will complete his task, or die trying.

- 'The village is called Lussone , near Cambrai. As far as I know, it all started last week, when the earth shook. You surely remember, it's when the western tower cracked. Anyway, a hill near Lussone has split in half, apparently. The next day a kid went to herd the sheep, and returned home with what these morons called gems. Look at it- ' Secretary showed him yellow-reddish powder – 'that’s what happened when treasurer tested those gems. And because of this nonsense some hollow-headed peasants went in force the next day, to get rich. Ha, ha-ha.'
This crow-like laugh. And then the horrible news:
- 'Well, some paid with their eyes and some with their lives. The survivors say some goblins or gnomes attacked them and ate the eyes. Probably not enough eyes in hell's diner, I say .Ha-ha ha. So the chickens are sitting in the village, refusing to do their work and demanding protection. And now you are going to "protect" them, ha ha.'
And then suddenly the majordomo leaned to him and whispered hotly in the ear - 'I think that this is some silly misunderstanding. However, if I am wrong and there are riches to be plundered, in this so called hell, don't forget about me. Even knights seek my favor, you should remember it. '
Then a horse. Horse.. granted.. to.. him. The soul sang and danced inside as he rode toward the unknown. And then dirty hamlet, frightened people, some with burned holes in their eye-sockets, and grim tales.
And then, finally – the cave. He lit his torch, tied his horse and prayed. Then went in… This was so long ago…. He couldn't tell the time anymore. Not since goblin sealed him in. Not since that weird rain from the ceiling put out his torch. Not since he got lost.
On the bright side, he saw only one creature, the goblin that entrapped him. If not for his lack of courage, he would have slain the creature right there. But this glowing whip…Even those villagers stood their ground, and they were attacked by half a dozen of these demons. Funny that no one mentioned those whips though. He should have killed him and used the glow of a whip to get …well, to get somewhere.
Clovis closed his eyes and prayed once more. Prayed to Gods of his ancestors, prayed the prayers he learned from his mother. It gave him courage, it gave him energy and it gave him strength. Those people enslaved his family – well, now they will make him a knight. And he will fight bravely and become a lord. He will bring pride to his family once again. So he pushed forward, into the dark and away from it.
When sight is gone, all other senses try to compensate. That weird smell. Smell of … well, probably smell of hell. Sound of steps, of heavy breathing, the sound of his heart – giant drum inside his chest. And the sense of touch…. You have to touch something in the dark, not just to follow the passage, but also to feel that there is something solid out there. Something solid, beside one's fear.
Suddenly the texture of the walls changed- from rough, bulky mass to solid, smooth walls. Like the walls inside his castle. And then…. He had to hold his breath, to bite his lip just to stay still. Not to run away. For tiny eyes started to appear on those walls. Green eyes, red eyes, yellow eyes. All of them constantly blinking, all watching him. So that’s what those goblins do to you- take your eyes, and stuck it on these walls. Well, they thought he would run away, in shame. Not a chance.
Clovis smashed his fist into that blinking nightmare, and hearing the cracking, feeling something crumbling under his fist calmed him down. Take this. For he is a warrior, a son of warrior, a descendant of proud clan of warriors. Damn these hell creatures.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
-p2- Doesn't fit - Alas.

Now the further he went, the brighter it became. Till finally there was a steel door. And there was a red glowing hand on the wall. And between him and those stood the goblin. The creature was as tall as a 10-year old, with disgusting moist green skin and huge deep dark eyes. Sword painted a silvery rainbow, with reflections of colorful wall eyes- green, yellow, red. Sword went through creature like it was a butter, and then the goblin fell. And then its blood started to hiss on the floor. And then warrior's eyes started to ache, tears vainly trying to wash the poison away. He felt his head becoming lighter, and the only thing he could concentrate on, the glowing five fingers on the wall, drew him closer and closer. Falling, he slapped this fiery hand, trying to harm his foes even as he dies. Then he heard a whooshing sound, then sound of his fall and then everything went dark.
Conscious was coming back slowly. First Clovis could fell himself again, he even knew that he could move, but just couldn't find the energy. So he laid still. Millions of random thoughts just danced in his head, not willing to stop and let him concentrate. Time passed by and he didn't want to do anything but to let it be. Let everything be. He will die here, in this awful, dark place. Let it be.
When he finally awoke, he felt pain. Everything hurt. From hair to the toenails. He could move, he even could see with one eye. However what the warrior saw puzzled him. Instead of hall filled with hundreds of blood thirsty green demons he saw a small room, with thousands of those blinking eyes. In the center there was a weird bed, made from steel, with a glass lid. And in this bad laid the most beautiful women he had ever seen. Pale as a snow. Clovis crawled closer, just to witness this beauty. Just to touch it. This entire awful journey, all his wounds – it all was worth it. Feelings overwhelmed him. He had no strength to draw a sword; he couldn't break this glass prison with his bare hands. So he leaned over and kissed the glassy lips.
As if waiting only for this, the glass prison opened upwards, hissing like a snake . And then the knight knew that he had accomplished his task. He knew that when he comes back, with glory, with this beautiful prize, no one will question his honor and bravery. So he sat there and smiled, waiting for her awakening.

Chap 2 – not to worry, this one is short.

Survivalist nightmare.

When I awoke, there were no friends. No drones. Only one of anoshes was seating near, grinning .I couldn't have conditioned too soon, since the lab was running on emergency power for some time, something must have gone incredibly wrong. How long have passed since the war? I asked anosh, using proper language, but he just sat there. Looks like he is damaged….. Oh no, maybe it is all a lot scarier. Maybe they do not understand the common language anymore. Comms didn't work, so I went to the terminal and tried to find out just how long I have been conserved, but core was damaged. I tried to dig some info from this dummy, showed him holograms of Alimpa, of chief proector ,no reaction followed. Naturally I tried to summon drones, but they all failed. All seven of them failed. Unbelievable. In utmost despair I showed him holo of drones, and then finally he said something and made waiving gestures. Probably he is not that damaged, but why this stupid grin?
In distress, I tried to show how I got here and then the wrist comp had died. Just how long had I been here? Never liked mimes, but now only I could only use the signs. So when I tried to show him how I used the inhaler and got ready to be conserved, what do you think this simpleton drew on dusty floor? An apple. I think this mess is not going to work out well.

Chapter 3 – Extremely short one.

And they lived happily ever after…

And probably both the Prince and the Snow White did live happily ever after, as much as they could in those times. As for those poor seven dwarfs – story-tellers will reincarnate them. After all, their demise was a result of cultural misunderstanding, xenophobia and poor design. We as a society overcame those ills. What? Why are you looking at me like that? I'm not going to tell you anything unless you apologize.
Der Fin. There, are you happy?

join