It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Muso's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Gday people,

How you guys travelling? Orite i hope.

So i was sitting here listening music podcasts when i had a thought.

I am wondering how many people on AboveTopSecret.com Have Musical Talent And/Or Play An Instrument ????

Primaraly i suppose im wondering this because, I just moved back to Sydney from queensland and i noticed that around these parts Musos are dying out man! So im just wondering how many of us are out there.

I myself play bass and dabble in the allmighty rythym of the drums, but i also do some mixing and production on my pc and i have computer programs for both soooooooooooooooooooo if someones keen we should jam and mix it up abit. I mean surely to god in this technogroovey

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Guilty as charged..
Yeah, I'm one of those guys forever resigned to spending my ..erm..hard earned cash.. on all the latest gadgets to replace all the stuff that suddenly decides to end it's limited life cycle right in the middle of one of your more productive and inspired musical sessions.

I have just bid farewell to an old friend.. the original 'pod' in return for a shiny new 'pod x3'... when it gets here.(just found my local music emporium's warehouse stock control pc has gone boom too.)

I don't even know if it's gonna be the desktop version or the footpedal one.

(I had to order some new 'phones too coz I squished mine with my swivel chair lol.)

So.. I'm usually kicking around looking for something fun to do musically wise.. Guitar/bass/keyboards/Drums/irish whistle(in d)also production and backing vocals..
I just got an awesome harmoniser that I have to plug in to the system too.. TC Electronic Voiceworks. woohoo!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm itchin to get a good cover band together to play some different, more challenging covers, rather than things like 'Mustang Sally' and 'believer' like you constantly hear comin from every live band where I live!

Honestly, where I live (north west UK), there is a serious shortage of good talented cover bands.

I play guitar, have all my own equipment and my influences are Muse, Radiohead, Green day, Chili Peppers - just in case anyone's interested

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Wooo!! Workington and Whitehaven area? Old haunts..well some not as old as it seems.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Blackpool/Lytham area - but I guess the standard set list makes it's way around most of the country!!

If I hear one more live band playin 'Brown Eyed Girl' they're gettin a bag of pork scratchins thrown at them!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Runs away giggling like a schoolgirl...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Arghhhhh!!!

There's never pork scratchins around when you need them!!

Please, no more!!!! :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey fellas its good to see some musical life out there !

I have a fender jazz bass and a old samick i use for my funk stuff im also revampin my drum kit too i just finished deckin it out with AAxs .

One of my all time fav bands havin an awsome jam, gotta love it . these guys have a style of there own.

Omega

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
hey Omega...im a closet singer...a bit strange though ..think ..hmmm leonardos bride...kinda like that...want a singer ...haha i love you, even when im sleeping...thats my voice...haha catcha nuts...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
by the way...flagged...cool thead man... well done...i like...see ya nuts

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I play a bit of rhythm for an experimental project.

It's kind of a AV type thing, very basic, very stripped down at this point until I can find other musicians who can work with the sound I'm going for.

I'm not interested in being known, I just want to get this idea I have out of my head and rolling.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

That clip was religious, btw.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Trombone - 6 years formal training;
Baritone;
Trumpet;
Clarinet - self-taught;
Acoustic Guitar - 8 years self-taught;
Piano and digital piano - 4 years formal training.

Of those I'm best at the digital piano. Can jam extemporaneously on keyboard; play most any pop tune off the radio in a couple minutes.

Here's my Yamaha, w/pedal (sustain)i:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hey there,

Immpressive CV you got there.
Its awsome,

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hey all ,

Awesome we have a couple of musos here.

I am producing something at the moment so when im done i will post it here for you guys to have a look at. We could collaborate you people into it too if you wanted, but anyway until then

Omega

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Unfortunately, I've given up the horns, and no longer have my embouchure. They're just too 'noisy' to play in the house, though it's great when marching or playing in the orchestra, which I did all through school and part of college.

I also gave up the guitar, so the fingertip calluses are gone, but at my best I'd worked to the point of being able to jam with anyone, playing a counter-melody acoustically. I patterned my playing off of Paul Simon and had a finger picking style. Always wanted to play an electric guitar, but never got around to it.

If you don't know the thing about the digital piano which is different from regular keyboards is that the keys give you that pressure feedback like a real piano hammer hitting strings and not the completely mushy or resistanceless feeling of an organ keyboard. Makes playing much more enjoyable. If you play keyboards, you should try one - difference is night and day.

That's the cool part of playing. After years of study, suddenly something just 'clicks' and you can play by ear. I got to that place just barely with the trombone, though, despite that being the instrument on which I have the most training.

Take 'er easy!

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Unfortunately, I've given up the horns.....

Hehehehehe!!(giggles like a schoolgirl)

Sorry.

What do you call 4 trombonists in a band?? pointless.

How does a female singer change a lightbulb? She just hangs on to it and waits for the world to revolve around her

How many guitarists does it take to change a lighbulb? 5... one to actually do it and 4 to say how he should have done it..

Oldies I know..

Some talent in ATS as I always suspected..

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hey guys ..If anyone has any projects they want developed giz a shout..
I have a full home production studio here that's quiet for a few days at a time..

Also will have my new 'Orchestra' arriving on wednesday..

www.soundsonline.com...
Go here n play with their Jukebox it's awesome.. they won't mind I'm sure..hey it's advertising for them innit

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I play the clarinet. Love to jam.

Any music is good for me. I prefer, jazz, blues, and rock. But can play by ear and read music well.

This sounds like a fun experiment.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

An ATS collaberation would be a giggle..

I don't know how to get a thread from podcasts on to BTS though.. the few remixes I've done ended up in boring old ATS..lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join