It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American ATS Members: What ethnicity are you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
In order to better understand where fellow ATS members are coming from, I was curious as to what ethnicity/race you all are. Are you a natural born citizen? Did you come from somewhere else and become naturalized? Are your parents or grandparents from somewhere else?

A person's heritage plays heavily, usually, into one's views and relationships. It's important to understand a person's background before you can make assumptions about him/her.

I descend from the English, Irish, Scotch, Dutch and French. My ancestors were some of the first to set foot in America. One actually came over on the Mayflower. (I know this because my uncle has done extensive research on our family's history. He traced us all the way back Charlemagne. It's unreal.) Every war America has ever fought in, I have had a family member serve. Then I was the last. Hopefully my little bro won't have to go to Iraq. It ain't lookin' good, tho. Anyway, I'm just plain ol' white bread.

What are you?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was born a national citizen, and Im Irish.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Scottish/German on Fathers side and Cherokee/German on mothers side.

Half of my cousins (all 42 of them) are dark haired dark skinned and the other half blonde with blue eyes. We are a big ol' mess

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
LOL this should be good.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Mostly Italian and native American.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Scottish/ Irish on my dads side German Jew on my mothers side.

And yes its true we DO control the world at least half of me does

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Thanks for sharin', ya'll.

My roomate/best friend in the Army was a Navajo Indian. What a trip! We learned a lot from each other. The Navajos are probably some of the most fierce, loyal and strong people I've ever met. Good people. And they saved our arses in WW2 with the code talking.

I even spent time out on the Navajo reservation in Arizona. I felt pretty honored that they welcomed me into their clan. After the war, tho, we were blood.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was born here. My family goes back to at least the Revolutionary War. Also had a great,great,great, grandfather who was a crooked sheriff in the Texas/Oklahoma area in the latter 1870's. His brothers would rob banks and he would help them get away. I still have his spurs. Kind of a family heirloom that gets handed down to the oldest son.
Since we have been here for so long,I am like a bottle of Heinz 57....all kinds of nationalities run through me. Mostly Irish,but there is some Scottish, Dutch,Polish,Austrian. Thankfully there is no French.
j/k

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i'm polish, french, canadian, and english... naturally born citizen.

mom's side: grandpa is from canada, grandma is from england
dad's side: grandpa is from france, grandma is from poland

i think my heritage qualifies me as clinically retarded

oh, and i was actually going to ask something about this on the board questions forum. are there any sort of ATS-wide demographics? ya know, like an ATS census or something that's ever been done?

where you live, how old, sex, race, number of toilets in your house (yes, that was asked that on my census form. why i do not know.), favorite conspiracy theory, and other stuff like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm unsure if there's any kind of census at ATS. Good question, tho.

Only about 6 years ago did I learn my grandma emigrated from Canada - ooh.. that's so foreign!
- when she was a young girl, naturalized when she turned the legal age.

I also have an uncle whose parents emigrated from Mexico. So I have three cousins who are half Mexican. They don't speak Spanish, tho. (Unless they learned it in school). I never heard uncle Joe speak it. They're very "Americanized."

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Guess.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

My roomate/best friend in the Army was a Navajo Indian. What a trip! We learned a lot from each other. The Navajos are probably some of the most fierce, loyal and strong people I've ever met. Good people. And they saved our arses in WW2 with the code talking.

I even spent time out on the Navajo reservation in Arizona. I felt pretty honored that they welcomed me into their clan. After the war, tho, we were blood.

I am Cherokee. Cool thing is that I was told my several times great grandfather was a shaman. My great, great grandfather claimed that he made a machine that could communicate to the dead as well. I have a lot of strange people in my family.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

I am Cherokee. Cool thing is that I was told my several times great grandfather was a shaman. My great, great grandfather claimed that he made a machine that could communicate to the dead as well. I have a lot of strange people in my family.

That's cool. Bet you have great tan!

My friend's dad was a medicine man. When we were in the war, he gave Jamie a warrior name and recorded a war song at the local radio station and sent it. It was a song of protection and courage. Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
human !

seriously,

Born and raised here in the USA,

I've not done a lot of research on it, but my brother told me that he found out that my ancestors came from the
British Iles .. ?? not sure what that makes me.. :shk:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
human !

seriously,

Born and raised here in the USA,

I've not done a lot of research on it, but my brother told me that he found out that my ancestors came from the
British Iles .. ?? not sure what that makes me.. :shk:

Western European descent. Welcome to the bag of Wonder Bread!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
no clue really, my people whored around a lot... so yeah.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Guess.

Chinese ? Japanese ?

Ok. I'm a Belgian white natural citizen. I've some german/french/spanish blood.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Puerto Rican.

Mothers Side: Grandma:Born in USA Grandpa: in PR
Fathers side : GrandmaL Born in PR Grandpa: in PR

My great grandparents were from Spain/Portugal

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Irish, German, Cherokee, Egyptian.

Basically means I like to drink, don't have much tolerance for it, and get a great tan. I also have really nice cheekbones.

My kin's been here awhile, I'm 4th generation Irish & German (the Egyptian came into the mix on my German side somewhere along the line). My Irish great-great-grandfather married a Cherokee woman

Fun fact: 2/3 of my tattoos represent my ethnic heritage.

-B.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm a Florida Cracker....(white boy)

Descended mostly from British heritage, and some Irish, with just a touch of American Indian....(distant, but traceable)....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join