It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for Planet X? or

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
NASA Baffled by Unexplained Force Acting on Space Probes is an article that appeared on Space.com.
www.space.com...

Researcher looked at 5 deep spaced probed. Each of them accelerated by 13 millimeters per second during Earth's fly by.

Could this acceleration be due to a large unseen body within our solar system such as planet X?

Rohn

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I second this request from anyone educated on astrophysics, or whatever you townfolk call it.

I'd add another question... could the earth experience a true "polar shift" without the help of a third party object, i.e., "Planet X?"

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaurouge
I second this request from anyone educated on astrophysics, or whatever you townfolk call it.

OK, so I don't think this is likely to be the result of some massive unseen planet. Don't forget these probes went off in different directions around the solar system, and any massive planet beyond the orbit of Pluto would take a long-long time to orbit the sun, so you would only expect to see this effect in one tiny direction of the sky.

I guess the evidence is starting to point to it being a gravitational anaomaly. This could mean either one of two things:

1. The inverse law of gravity only holds for short distances (like the short range atomic force) so after such large distances the 1/r^2 law no longer works. This is the view of people who work on MOND (Modified Newtonian Dynamics) I'm not convinced just yet, though I would not be surprised if the 1/r^2 law does not hold indefinitley.
2. It might be the effect of dark or exotic matter in the Oort cloud which surrounds the solar system. This is just my conjecture you understand.

Originally posted by eaurouge
I'd add another question... could the earth experience a true "polar shift" without the help of a third party object, i.e., "Planet X?"

I'm not to sure what you mean. If you mean for the planet to physically turn over so the poles are reversed, that would be impossible without a big collision! If you mean a magnetic shift then the answer seems to be yes, such shifts can occur by themselves.

Hope this helps,

-Paul.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What whould it mean for planet earth, if a magnetic pole shift happened ?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There is the Hapgood theory of polar wander in that the Earth's outer crust slips along the magma because of the centrifugal force of the spinning axis trying to place the disproportionate mass of the continents to it's equator.

Also, Earth's mass is not completely smooth and homogeneous, there could be a possibility of a probe velocity change from one swing around Earth with different gravity clumps that have been measured all over the planet. The crust is 2.2 grams per cubic centimeter with supposed increases each subsequent layer. I have not been able to find any other info on the variation of density in these gravity clumps.

Another thing is space is not empty, it's filled with plasma, (negative ions and such others) Scientists has not even begun to realise the connection between electricity and gravity.

A marriage of Plasma Cosmology and Quantum Mechanics that don't refute fusion models of stars hasn't been theorized yet. (Electric Sun, Electric Universe etc.)

We are probable just as close to understanding the Universe as we were 500 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join