It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET is fake! For the skeptics.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'd suggest that no one has disqualifed this Ezekiel character.

I'd suggest that everyone has just became quite hostile at the fact that someone can supply opinions battling that of skepticism.

Anyone care to indulge?

=)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Love the thread! Star!

I just want to say, and its a bit off topic, but please Please try to understand that there are three different "to's" in English: "to" as in an action (go to the store), "too" as in "also" (i will go, too), and "two" (2). I am not trying to call you out personally, but this has been driving me insane all over the 'net and every now and then I just have to speak up and blow off steam (and maybe help people). These kinds of repeated mistakes just take away a person's credibility when they are trying to make a point and get people to listen.

Sorry. Off my soapbox.

Anyway, there just isn't any real proof out there anywhere, because proof not only has to sway despite doubt, but it has to be verifiable. Even if I was to stumble upon the smoking gun on this site I wouldn't know it due to the preponderance of great looking hoaxes and unverifiable offerings. I want to think that there really is something going on up there that isn't of Earth, but I haven't seen a thing in spite of looking, and like so many others don't have time for faith in something that in the end really doesn't mean a thing until it knocks on my door. But I must admit of course that I am on this site because of my addiction to the unknown and conspiracy theories and the people and, and..well it's all so damn intriguing.

Can't wait till they land, or at least give me a personal glimpse!!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I really can't wait till they land either brothern!

Seeing one personally tends to change personal outlook, though. =)

Thanks for refamiliarizing me with the to, too, and twos.

=)

Anyways, I'd like to point out that a certain individual on this board had became EXTREMELY hostile at one point, and even advocated this hostility towards this Ezekiel character.

Notice how he was the first one to challenge Ezekiel's intellect?

Ezekiel never became hostile, he did however -- stand quite true to the belief of his opinion. Did his own belief cause mass hysteria?

I believe it did.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prophet-Ezekiel

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
That is a typical response of the intellectually-weak; they will classify something as "disinfo" so they can ignore it. Or attempt to shift the argument from the facts and to the characters of the participants.

Intellect has nothing to do with this.
[edit on 4-3-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

Wow, That REALLY looks like an attack to me.

Does it anyone else? "That is a typical response of the _intellectually-weak".

Hmmm, I don't see anything on this entire thread regarding any IQ matters.

I see a avid debate, a angered one at that.

I see some both closeminded viewpoints.

But however, I don't see it acceptable that anyone attacks one an anothers intellegence.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Get On Topic, we're not discussing other members here.

Thank You.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Prophet-Ezekiel

Fact.
Being that no matter the littlest number you put into this question you will get the possibility for life if not being intellegent on another planet WITHIN our galaxy.

Actually, that is not true. If any of the numbers (excluding earth) is 0, then the final number is 0.
For instance, to date, outside of our own solar system, we have not conclusively found one habitable planet, thus the number of habitable worlds per star, could be 0. Since the proven number of habitable worlds is still 0, then the fraction of inhabited worlds with intelligent life is also zero. Likewise for the fraction of intelligent life forms that produce civilizations, and average lifetime of such civilizations.

Having said that, what the Drake equation does postulate is a methodology of estimating the number of civilizations in our galaxy, once we have a better way of determining those numbers. At present, all that the Drake equation produces is a SWAG.
It neither proves or disproves the proposition.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Prophet-Ezekiel

My URL: myspace.com/lunarlizardz

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Having said that, what the Drake equation does postulate is a methodology of estimating the number of civilizations in our galaxy, once we have a better way of determining those numbers. At present, all that the Drake equation produces is a SWAG.

Minor correction.

The Drake equation is a method to predict the number of civilizations in our Galaxy able to release detectable signals.

This basically requires a Type I civilization. Otherwise they would be passively seeking signals.

An active communicator would have to be capable of sending out a signal on the order of a few hundred Giga-watts.

If you use Earth as an example, which gives a low value for "L" (number of years broadcasting), then the answer is 0.01368, or basically every 100 galaxies would have one Type I civilization.

If you pick 10,000 years of broadcasting (the commonly accepted figure) then the answer is 1.98, or ~2.

Even with a value of 2, that means Type I civilizations could be very sparse.

Personally, I think there could be millions of near Type I civilizations, but they are all likely planet bound or stuck to Near Planet Orbit (Here, Near Earth Orbit).

In order for a civilization to be considered space faring, they'd have to have at least a half-dozen additional steps fulfilled.

The major step would be they'd have to have at least one back up site that was at least as robust as their original planet. I.e. it was not only self-sustaining, it could also recreate an additional planet if the Motherworld was destroyed.

If they went gallivanting off out of their solar system without making sure they had a backup site (or two), then it would be very irresponsible, not to mention that in the time frame, the likelihood of an extinction of the homeworld would be a real problem to be solved first, sending them back to the stone age, basically.

In fact, I'd suggest that they'd probably want an network of a minmum of ten local worlds that they had terraformed and stocked, supporting trading and soforth, within, oh, say 0.1 LY.

This wouldn't quite reach the level of a Type II, but it would enable exploration using at least generation ships, or perhaps a new method of propulsion.

Second, they'd probably have to genetically engineer a 'space faring' class with extra resistance to radiation and ability to live in low-G and confined spaces for long periods.

Since this would be difficult, I think the best methods of exploration would be to use 'seed ships'. Those would be small robotic probes that could self-repair and self generate new ships when they found planets or asteroids with minerals. Then they'd form a network to report back to the home world.

This would allow a robust Type I or near Type II to explore a medium sized galaxy in a few million years. Thus, since we see no evidence of this, the likelihood of any Type II or spacefaring civilizations is likely to be less than one per galaxy, and probably only a handful in the Universe, and not at the same time. (IOW, a million years ago there may have been one, but it died out).

2 cents.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

May I ask why any expierenced UFO hunter will referr to this equation in jeopardy too their reputation?

Also, why is it many other intellegent scientists have refined this equation and made it almost perfect.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by SomeGuy34]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomeGuy34

May I ask why any expierenced UFO hunter will referr to this equation in jeopardy too their reputation?

Can you say this in English.

I have no idea what you said, nor what you're asking.

Maybe you can rephrase it?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Heh.....
I think what you're misunderstanding is -

If you'd watch History Channel's new UFO documentary with a team of highly reputable scientists and so forth, called UFO Hunters, they have stated a refined Drake Equation. They also use drake equation in reference on History channel.

History channel tends too be a large media station

[edit on 5-3-2008 by SomeGuy34]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not to bust any of your thoughts or beliefs but as the quote states in my signature it is foolish to think we are the only life forms in the entire Universe. If you care to here my Opinion and Beliefs feel free to message me because i am more then sure it will have you thinking.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I'd suggest that no one has disqualifed this Ezekiel character.

I'd suggest that everyone has just became quite hostile at the fact that someone can supply opinions battling that of skepticism.

Anyone care to indulge?

=)

It didn't take too long for the Prophet to switch computers and miraculously reappear

Welcome back my man

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I actually feel sorry for people who grapple to straws to deny the exitstense of space critters. The existing data is tremendous.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hmm it seems as though some users have ascent beyond rational complications of the modern day anonymity purposes.

I live in the Netherlands and I believe that Ezekiel stated he lived in Grants Pass. I will also be taking flight too Canda tommorow.

Best Regards,

Some Guy.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Perhaps you should check out Alien Autopsy -- Game Over, detailing how the film was faked, who faked it, and why.

Once again, remember what I said about reasonable doubt.

I personally bout that prooves not too much besides a collaboration of ideas as much as the video itself generates.

I'd like to state, where is the physical video its self and who owns it. Is it actually the real first version?

Can it be dated too 1940? Or can you even prove to me that whatever claim of it being the real video itself actually is? Governments are trained to lie for National Security purposes.

I still see no one disqualifying Ezekiel.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Someguy, I find it quite curious that you show up after prophet was banned, as a new user. Also that you start off first thing by defending him, and also have the same manerisms in your posting style...right down to the improper use of "too".

The prophet also typed this

Where is the PHYSICAL video of this roswell documentary and WHO owns it

and you typed

where is the physical video its self and who owns it

wow...you 2 must be mental twins or something.

I have a feeling you are the same person, and if so, the mods have ways of finding out...just letting you know.

If I'm way off base, my apologies.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by sensfan]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

The prophet also typed this

I have a feeling you are the same person, and if so, the mods have ways of finding out...just letting you know.

Hmm it seems as though some users have ascent beyond rational complications of the modern day anonymity purposes.

And I just find it rational that I appoint out a very serious flaw in his posting of that external resource.

Best regards.

Some guy.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Double-post.

Remove please.

Post button = buggy.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Harmful alien microbes do not just kill by multiplication. They also kill by the release of harmful toxins.

I did not know you had alien microbes handy to know that little harmful toxin factoid.

In addition, there's no evidence that your theory is correct, and viruses use RNA not DNA.

Well viruses replicate through the mechanisms of a hosts cells. In order to do so, it needs to be able to be genetically compatible to the cellular structure in order to replicate itself. Hence why many diseases cannot be transferred between species unless it mutates. This has to do with both RNA and DNA codes.

Oh, and for a person to criticize so rudely, you should be sure you actually know what filth your spewing. There are plenty of viruses that use DNA, such as Herpes.

As for my "theory" having no evidence, you should read up on elementary biology. dsDNA viruses all use DNA polymerase to replicate itself within the cellular body. It needs to have like dna.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join