It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET is fake! For the skeptics.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The Drake Equation is interesting, but it only takes one of those variables to equal zero and the whole equation equals zero (although it will always at least equal 1, since we know we exist). The equation is as good as any where we don't know all of the values.

The entire Roswell case has turned up some interesting stories, but falls very short of producing any kind of good, hard evidence that can be tested and verified as true. In my opinion, Roswell is a prime example of a lot of time and energy put into something that eventually ran into nothing but dead ends. Yes, and the Alien Autopsy is an admitted "fabrication."

As for historical descriptions of UFOs, photographs, witness testimony... sure, there are a lot. Too many to be completely ignored. But what, exactly, are people seeing? That's the question. It's easy to jump to the ET explanation because in a way it's sort of the least imaginative idea, but I don't know of any case or bit of evidence that has proven it. They could be time travelers. Or travelers from alternate realities. They could be physical thought manifestations of a collective subconscious. Or my personal favorite, they could be something so odd that we don't even have a way to describe what they are.

Yes, there are odd things flying and walking about. But there's no good proof that they have anything to do with alien bugs from outer space. None.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
For SaviorComplex;

ALSO BEFORE You continue rolling along your bandwagon with your herd following,

Using DISINFO as INFO doesn't really make sense.

MOST militant officials.

Do not blow anything out their asses.

They speak the truth, and only the truth, as they are TRAINED under what they think is a truth, and they are TRAINED to be SUFFICIENT enough to supply correct datum to the public.

I don't think all these government officials are just blowing crap out their asses.

However, I do believe that you'll bite into any possible skepticism and look into only it and not accept anything else. If it plauses a good scientifical explanation, even if it's incorrect by supported datum by multiple humans, you'll continue to deny any of this.

#### INSULT REMOVED ####

I'm not insulting you, or disqualifying, I'm just simply stating that there is TOO MUCH factual evidence that states all your points incorrect. And fact means it cannot be disqualified by any other KIND of information, wether it be disinformation or TRUTH.

THERE IS TOO MANY reports of these UFOS for it to be a fake hallucination or weather baloon.

You can try and drift others to believe your posts, but it is my thread, and I made it to disqualify you.

Insult directed at a member removed, and author warned.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Yes, there are odd things flying and walking about. But there's no good proof that they have anything to do with alien bugs from outer space. None.

why are they bugs?

are you suggesting that not even biological parasitic like entites don't exist in space?

That's why there can be biological enties on board the outside of a space ship, go into space, come back into earth, and be found alive on the spaceship.

I've read that from an external resource, don't really care too appoint anyone to it because I know what I see.

Just like I know i've seen a unidentifiable flying object at age 10. And I had never done drugs. I had never hallucinated.

It was a 100% clear night sky in Grants Pass, Oregon. My mother and grandfather will testify under the oath of what we had seen.

Now, everyone go ahead and continue.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prophet-Ezekiel
Using DISINFO as INFO doesn't really make sense.

That is a typical response of the intellectually-weak; they will classify something as "disinfo" so they can ignore it. Or attempt to shift the argument from the facts and to the characters of the participants.

Please demonstrate one single place where I have used "disinfo."

Government officials.

I believe it is a safe assumption that you believe there is a government cover-up of UFOs. So when a government official says there are no such things as UFOs, you don't believe them; you think they are lying.

What changes when a government official says what you want to hear? If they were lying before, what makes you believe they are telling the truth now?

While their stories are intriguing, they are just that, stories. Ancedotes are not evidence, and certainly not proof.

I'm not insulting you, or disqualifying...

What's that now?

You are a sheep, Just accept it!

THERE IS TOO MANY reports of these UFOS for it to be a fake hallucination or weather baloon.

Once again, you are using outmoded arguments that haven't been used in decades to attack skeptics.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
That is a typical response of the intellectually-weak; they will classify something as "disinfo" so they can ignore it. Or attempt to shift the argument from the facts and to the characters of the participants.

Intellect has nothing to do with this.

Let go ahead and convert 01101111 too Base 16 without external resources.

Lets go ahead and conver F1 too base 16 without external resources.

Let me go grab a grip of coding and post it as theorum that I am intellect.

You are a skeptic, I created this thread too proove that you would challenge my intellegence.

However, you have still failed.

#### INAPPROPRIATE OFF-TOPIC MATERIAL REMOVED ####

Inappropriate off-color commentary removed, and author warned.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ask yourself.

If we were ever really visited by an alien species, we would likely not exist right now. Why? Read H.G.Wells.

Aliens carry alien parasites. Alien parasites for which we have no defense.

Now you might say that they'd take precautions. Shee-yeah, right. I bet they would. But just read Jurassic Park.

Could they have visited during the Jurassic period and actually introduced a bug that wiped out the dinosaurs. Perhaps.

Thus there's a 99% chance that any alien visitations would be:
1. robotic
or
2. virtual

Combine this with a modified Drake equation which details what is needed for an alien species to get off planet and visit to us in the same temporal era that we now exist and you will rapidly see that if it is so improbable as to be deemed impossible.

Space, distance, hard vacuum, radiation, gravity well, resouces, sociology, and just about every other pressure you can imagine all conspire to make the Galaxy the most impressive system of quarantine thus far imagined.

Any contact that is achieved is likely to result in mutual extinction by alien virus and host virus.

As one poster pointed out, there may be another factor. If we reach the ability to create realistic holo-deck virtual world technology, there will not only be no need to visit other systems, there will also be a rapid decline in desire.

We will be able to re-create parts of the galaxy and the Universe locally, upon demand. Robotic probes can supply data. There will be no need to go there. Look at what just having an Internet has done. Many people stay at home and interact rather than go out.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Case in point...

Btw you're turning me on sexy.
Keep going.
MMMMM I'm getting horny...

However, you have still failed.

Are you sure about that?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Case in point...

Btw you're turning me on sexy.
Keep going.
MMMMM I'm getting horny...

Lol, Thanks for the report it doesn't effect my reputation by the actual intellect amongst this board.

I was just saying that to deliberatly anger you.

How about you read the post above.

Obviouslly by me intentionally trying to anger you, it doesn't support any datum on my intellect.

Wan't some data I coded all by myself?

Here you go.

#### WAY OFF-TOPIC NONSENSE REMOVED ####

AND IT CONTINUES.

Ok, so I've supported my intellect ability.

Support to me what reasoning you have challenging it.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Prophet-Ezekiel]

And with four warnings warnings on this member's account, after that little nugget, I deliberately banned him.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Obviouslly by me intentionally trying to anger you, it doesn't support any datum on my intellect.

Such childish tactics are not the mark of one trying to make an intellectual argument. They do not help you case.

Support to me what reasoning you have challenging it.

Well, your grammar for one. Otherwise, you're doing a smash-up job of it all by yourself.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
An African dogon tribe had star maps and knowledge of a red dwarf in the Sirius system not documented until the 1970's. There exists so much data out there that other life forms exist. With the seemingly endless cosmos I cannot understand anyones belief that we are the only sentient life forms. That belief would be a quadrillion to one at Vegas.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Lol, Thanks for the report it doesn't effect my reputation by the actual intellect amongst this board.

Son of a gun!! You're right; it hasn't changed at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Reminder to all Participants of this discussion:

Courtesy is Mandatory

Please refrain from personal attacks on each other.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
An African dogon tribe had star maps and knowledge of a red dwarf in the Sirius system not documented until the 1970's. There exists so much data out there that other life forms exist. With the seemingly endless cosmos I cannot understand anyones belief that we are the only sentient life forms. That belief would be a quadrillion to one at Vegas.

Man No one is saying we are the only sentient life forms in our Galaxy.

There are probably a lot of them.

However, there's sustantial reason to doubt that:
1. any of them are above Type I
2. any of them are space faring
3. any of them have come here in our time frame. (say, the last 200 years)

If they did come here, there's a better than even probability that the combination of Chaos Theory and alien microbial interaction with Earth species would wipe us out (and ours them).

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Actually, Sirius has been known to have a companion since the mid-1800s. And the Dogon were not an isolated tribe; they had much contact with the outside world, which could have lead them to integrating Sirius B into their mythology. And the Dogon do not seem to have much knowledge of the solar-system beyond Saturn; if they were visited by aliens, certainly the aliens would have told them about what-lies-beyond.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You may be correct Badge. There exists no empirical data to contradict your assumptions. My beliefs contradict yours. It is ok to disagree.
Best regards
John

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Saviour, with all due respect, my research has determined Sirius B was not discovered until the 1970's. Any documentation to the contrary would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just a little myth busting, since bacteria and virulent microbes use similar DNA in a host to replicate, and a hypothetical alien microbe would be of completely different dna, it would be impossible to be infected by a virus from outer space, since you'd need similar DNA for it to replicate in your body.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Saviour, with all due respect, my research has determined Sirius B was not discovered until the 1970's. Any documentation to the contrary would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

No problem...

In 1844, German astronomer Friedrich Bessel deduced from changes in the proper motion of Sirius that it had an unseen companion. Nearly two decades later, on January 31, 1862, American telescope-maker and astronomer Alvan Graham Clark first observed the faint companion, which is now called Sirius B, or affectionately "the Pup".
SOURCE

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You may be correct Badge. There exists no empirical data to contradict your assumptions. My beliefs contradict yours. It is ok to disagree.
Best regards
John

Which beliefs do you have that contradict what I said?

"There is substantial reason to doubt" is not a statement of belief, nor is it really a position to take.

What gives you 'substantial reason -not- to doubt'?

TIA

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Just a little myth busting, since bacteria and virulent microbes use similar DNA in a host to replicate, and a hypothetical alien microbe would be of completely different dna, it would be impossible to be infected by a virus from outer space, since you'd need similar DNA for it to replicate in your body.

Nice thought, but you would be wrong.

Harmful alien microbes do not just kill by multiplication. They also kill by the release of harmful toxins.

In addition, there's no evidence that your theory is correct, and viruses use RNA not DNA.

They are quite capable of hijacking the replication processes of a host cell in a variety of ways.

Any mission having you as the resident xeno-biologist would do well to keep their helmets on,

Which 'myth' do you feel you've 'busted'?

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Badge01]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join