It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Hours of Taped Interviews from ATCs On-Duty 9/11 destroyed against FAA orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I originally found this on reddit.com with a very misleading title:

query.nytimes.com...

"Crushed by Hand, Cut into Little Pieces, then Scattered in Different Trash Cans: Tape of Interviews of Air Traffic Controllers On-Duty on 9/11 "

I was disappointed that there was no such mention of anything like that... however the story still had lots of credit.

Basically, after the events of 9/11, six of the Air Traffic Controllers got together in a basement and recapped the day over approximately 2 hours of tape.

Sometime in December of 2001 - February of 2002, that tape was destroyed by a "quality assurance manager" although FAA officials sent an email that explicitly stated ''If a question arises whether or not you should retain data, RETAIN IT.''

A spokesman for the 9/11 commission, Al Felzenberg, said Mr. Mead's report was ''meticulous'' and ''came through the efforts of a very conscientious senator.'' Mr. Felzenberg said that the commission would not comment now on the content of the report, but that it ''does speak to some of the issues we're interested in.''

very strange, why the hell would he destroy some of the most important dialog to take place that day, against direct orders? (I'm guessing he had orders from even higher up).

[edit on 3-3-2008 by scientist]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nothing more to see here, move along, move along.

The guise of "freedom" destroys accountability every time.

join