It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Circumvents GAO by Executive Order 13462- Establishes 2 Intel Advisory Boards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Bush Circumvents GAO by Executive Order 13462- Establishes 2 Intel Advisory Boards

www.fas.org

February 29, 2008- The President has established two new intelligence advisory boards, the President's Intelligence Advisory Board and Intelligence Oversight Board.

The FAS recently reported that the GAO office lies dormant at the NSA, a story which I reported on just today here:

GAO Oversight Office at NSA Lies Dormant
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
GAO Oversight Office at NSA Lies Dormant
NSPD-51 and the Potential for a Coup d'état by National Emergency

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Sec. 3. Establishment of the President's Intelligence Advisory Board. (a) There is hereby established, within the Executive Office of the President and exclusively to advise and assist the President as set forth in this order, the President's Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB).

(b) The PIAB shall consist of not more than 16 members appointed by the President from among individuals who are not employed by the Federal Government.

If they are not employed by the Federal Government, then where is he planning on getting these people? From Jane's Defense Weekly? Something is just not making sense here.

(d) Members of the PIAB and the Intelligence Oversight Board (IOB) established in section 5 of this order:

(i) shall serve without any compensation for their work on the PIAB or the IOB; and

(ii) while engaged in the work of the PIAB or the IOB, may be allowed travel expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, as authorized by law for persons serving intermittently in the Government (5 U.S.C. 5701-5707).

So not only are they going to serve on the board, but they are to do so WITHOUT PAY? Oh, I see, I forgot about private interest in companies like Halliburton and KBR? Ahhh, ok. I see where this is going. I will be very curious to see who these appointees will be and where they are from.

(e) The PIAB shall utilize such full-time professional and administrative staff as authorized by the Chair and approved by the President or the President's designee. Such staff shall be supervised by an Executive Director of the PIAB, appointed by the President, whom the President may designate to serve also as the Executive Director of the IOB.

lol. Ok, so the Director of this entity is also going to be the Director of the Intelligence Oversight Board (the second board created by this Executive Order), and police itself? WTF?

Sec. 5. Establishment of Intelligence Oversight Board.

(a) There is hereby established a committee of the PIAB to be known as the Intelligence Oversight Board.

(b) The IOB shall consist of not more than five members of the PIAB who are designated by the President from among members of the PIAB to serve on the IOB. The IOB shall utilize such full-time professional and administrative staff as authorized by the Chair and approved by the President or the President's designee. Such staff shall be supervised by an Executive Director of the IOB, appointed by the President, whom the President may designate to serve also as the Executive Director of the PIAB.

As I had reported in the other thread, it is clear that the GAO is not being used to their full ability. SO why in the heck do we need to FURTHER expand this government, and take the neutral oversight ability of the GAO right out of the equation? BS.

This is just more of the NWO plan being put into place, and probably ties in somehow to the NSPD-51 plan in the planning for continuity of government. See link below.

We don't need this. But he does.

www.fas.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
More crooked crap from the crookedest crook on the planet.

Seriously, nothing this thug and his admin does suprises me anymore. They have made a mockery of Democracy and the Justice system in literally every conceivable way. It's amazing the damage these guys have done to the constitution and system of check and balances in only a few years at the helm. They took an already polluted system and corrupted it to the point of inconceivability.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i actually see this as a positive move,it has the potential to employ people who are unconnected to big government and thier interests,nor profit thus attain a new and different perspective.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

lol, employ? It says they will work for FREE!

I stand on my comments, no offense, but I do.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Sorry to burst you bubble but our corporate ridden president will never been disconcerted from his corporate crooks friend no even one day of his life.

This means many things, he could even use blackwater people that while no working directly for the government they get pay with tax payer money and corporate money.

What I don't get it is that how is he creating this personal advisory Boards when he have less than a year as president.

Something is missing on this one.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Something is missing on this one.

Yeah, like brains, a traditional republican motif to reduce government instead of expand it, and neutral oversight. Good comments Marg.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I wonder what the punishment would be by saying "no thanks" to

this wonderful opportunity???

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I wonder what the punishment would be by saying "no thanks" to

this wonderful opportunity???

lol dg, why is it you always make me laugh?
(I mean that in a good way, honey)

But yeah, that's a good point. Expulsion from the NWO no doubt. At least. Or one of those fancy five star hotels they call FEMA detention camps.

edit to add: Come on guys and gals, I left much of that document untapped, there is plenty more to comment on! Go extract something out of there and express your concerns!

[edit on 3-3-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

i understand this,thats why i said it has the POTENTIAL.if they choose smart and honerable people who care about he state of the nation it will be a highly succesful venture.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
i understand this,thats why i said it has the POTENTIAL.if they choose smart and honerable people who care about he state of the nation it will be a highly succesful venture.

Hate to say it, but that's a pretty big if. It seems just about every appointment Bush has ever made is shrouded with conflict of interest or controversy. This EO allows him to appoint not only his board, and all the members of the oversight board, but allows him to make the Director of one board the Director of the other.

Now I don't know bout you, but I think that right there is not the way to go for the rest of America. He can't just take Congress, or impartial oversight from the GAO, out of the loop like that, especially when it concerns national intelligence. He's just wanting to surround himself with puppets that will parrot what he wants to hear- and falsely escalate intelligence reports even more so than already done. The recent National Intelligence Estimate is a case in point, that didn't quite fit his and NWO agenda on Iran.

So for free as an appointee you get to work your ass off only to be turned upon when the time is right and have the weight of the world come down upon you when your sexed up, manufactured evidence fails morbidly. Again.
Gee, what a great job. :shk:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
So, the Regional Governors will be selected based on whom has the most money, correct? That will mean that any trading being done will be between those members who sit on the board that "advises" the President.

I can easily see a time when the President will announce that he has no more use for the House or the Senate, and will just use his Regional Governors, aka PIAB, to handle all affairs local to them. This is just my take though. You all can make up your own minds.

"So this is how Liberty dies, by thunderous applause." -- Padme Amidala, Star Wars: Episode 3

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

If they are not employed by the Federal Government, then where is he planning on getting these people? From Jane's Defense Weekly? Something is just not making sense here.

Companies like Blackwater and Halliburton will be on this Board. This gives them a place at the top of the control mechanism of the neo-fascist state that the Bushes and Clinton have erected and are erecting.

As another heinous action worth screaming about, I am reminded of Molly Ivins admonition to take to the streets, and bang on pots, and make all the noise one can.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
So, the Regional Governors will be selected based on whom has the most money, correct? That will mean that any trading being done will be between those members who sit on the board that "advises" the President.

Well, he wants private intelligence advisers. So maybe someone like this would fit the bill?

www.veritasintelligence.com...

Gerard P. Burke, Chairman, Board of Advisors

Gerard Burke, former Executive Director of the President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, senior White House Staff adviser on foreign intelligence, and Assistant Director of the National Security Agency, served in the US and abroad for 25 years in a wide range of top posts in the American intelligence community.

After entering the private sector as an attorney, he soon returned to his first love and in 1984 established the Parvus Group, which quickly earned the reputation as one of the country’s foremost investigative and security consulting organizations. Its clients included many Fortune 500 companies, major law, banking, insurance, and financial services institutions. He went on to establish subsidiaries throughout Europe and Latin America and in 1992 founded the first major foreign-owned business intelligence firm in Russia, as well as Information Security International Inc. and Jerico Ltd. Parvus was merged with Armor Holdings in 1999.

More recently, Mr. Burke chaired the private-public sector Russian Organized Crime Task Force at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. He is a graduate of Holy Cross College and Georgetown University Law School and served on active duty in the Navy for five years.

or some of these?:

www.washingtonpost.com...

John McCain

Richard Lee Armitage, President George W. Bush’s deputy secretary of state and an international business consultant and lobbyist, informal foreign policy adviser

Bernard Aronson, former assistant secretary of state for inter-American affairs and now a managing partner of private equity investment company ACON Investments, informal foreign policy adviser

William L. Ball III, secretary of the Navy during President Reagan’s administration and managing director of lobbying firm the Loeffler Group, informal national security adviser

Stephen E. Biegun, former national security aide to then-Sen. Bill Frist, R-Tenn., and now Ford Motors vice president of international government affairs, informal national security adviser

Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations editor and former Wall Street Journal editorial editor, foreign policy adviser

Brig. Gen. Tom Bruner, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Lorne W. Craner, International Republican Institute president, informal foreign policy adviser

Lawrence S. Eagleburger, President George H.W. Bush’s secretary of state and a senior public policy adviser with law firm Baker Donelson, endorsed McCain April 10

Brig. Gen. Russ Eggers, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Maj. Gen. Merrill Evans, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Niall Ferguson, Harvard historian and Hoover Institution senior fellow, informal foreign policy adviser

Michael J. Green, former Asia adviser to President George W. Bush and now Japan chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Asia policy adviser

Gen. Alexander M. Haig, Jr., President Reagan’s secretary of state, endorsed McCain April 10

Maj. Gen. Evan "Curly" Hultman, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Robert Kagan; senior associate with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington Post columnist and former speechwriter for then-secretary of state George P. Shultz; informal foreign policy adviser

Brig. Gen. Robert Michael Kimmitt, current deputy Treasury secretary, informal national security adviser

Henry A. Kissinger, President Nixon and President Ford’s secretary of state who met McCain in Vietnam and is now a consultant, informal adviser

Col. Andrew F. Krepinevich, president of the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, briefed McCain as well as Sen. Hillary Clinton and Gov. Bill Richardson

William Kristol, The Weekly Standard editor, informal foreign policy adviser

Adm. Charles Larson, former superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy and now chairman of consulting firm ViaGlobal Group, informal national security adviser

Robert "Bud" McFarlane, President Reagan’s national security adviser and now a principal with Energy & Communications Solutions, energy and national security adviser

Brig. Gen. Warren "Bud" Nelson, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Brig. Gen. Eddie Newman, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Maj. Gen. John Peppers, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Maj. Ralph Peters, writer and retired Army officer, informal national security adviser

Brig. Gen. Maurice Phillips, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Gen. Colin L. Powell, President George W. Bush’s secretary of state, informal foreign policy adviser

James R. Schlesinger, President Nixon and President Ford’s secretary of defense, energy and national security adviser

Randy Scheunemann, national security aide to then-Senate Majority Leaders Bob Dole and Trent Lott and now a lobbyist, defense and foreign policy coordinator (for this cycle and 2000)

Gary Schmitt, former staff director of the Senate Intelligence Committee and now an American Enterprise Institute scholar, foreign policy adviser

Lt. Gen. Brent Scowcroft, national security adviser to Presidents Ford and George H.W. Bush and founder of business consultancy the Scowcroft Group, adviser

George P. Shultz, President Reagan’s secretary of state and a Hoover Institution Fellow, endorsed McCain April 10

Brig. Gen. W.L. "Bill" Wallace, Iowa veterans advisory committee

Maj. Gen. Gary Wattnem, Iowa veterans advisory committee

R. James Woolsey, former CIA director and now a vice president at consulting company Booz Allen Hamilton, energy and national security

Note that some of these may come into play if McCain gets elected. Or injected, depending on how you want to look at it...

[edit on 4-3-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Though Blackwater is a convenient whipping boy I would expect more likely Michael G. Cherkasky CEO of these guys:www.kroll.com...
They make Blackwater look like a bunch of rednecks in a pickup.

They have already been involved in security at the WTC and Sears tower and just opened an Eastern Caribbean office in Grenada.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is complete and utter garbage. Look at what the Executive Order says...

The positions will be non-paid... well last I checked most of us need to make a living, so clearly whoever is taking on these positions will be from the wealthy elite.

The positions will go to people not working for the Federal Government which basically means that a bunch of private sector millionaires will be appointed and trusted with national security information, and that their opinons will matter more than those people who have been serving PROPERLY in those capacities for years.

This is nothing but a transparent ploy by the Bush administration to hook up their "pals in high places" and to make entirely sure that there is even LESS accountability to the American people when it comes to issues of national security.

As far as I'm concerned Bush and his administration just spit directly in the face of the American public.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
lol, here we are trying to figure out who he's going to pick, when we should be marching our assess down there and telling him no way in hell on this EO. Ditto, Dj.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I will tell you with all confidence that America Shadow government doesn't need to stay in hiding anymore they are now to take Their rightfully bought and pay for official seats within what used to be our government and to hold positions for life as the main power in front and no behind the chosen president .

I can not wait to see the names of the Shadow government finally coming to light.

This is the new America people the NWO.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerontehe
Though Blackwater is a convenient whipping boy I would expect more likely Michael G. Cherkasky CEO of these guys:www.kroll.com...
They make Blackwater look like a bunch of rednecks in a pickup.

Rather than either/or I suspect it would be both/and.

I wish there were people in the USA willing to pull this government down and throw them all in prison.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Rather than either/or I suspect it would be both/and.

You're probably right.

I wish there were people in the USA willing to pull this government down and throw them all in prison.

lol, what do you mean you wish? Are you kidding? There's plenty. They just haven't figured out how to do it legally yet. They had hopes by electing the Dems into majority in Congress. But Pelosi refused to entertain any impeachment proceedings, and some say because of some special deal.

Here's an example of how our wonderful MSM seeks to tame this direct affront of an atrocity down into some stupid crap about the intelligence chief:

New White House order bolsters intelligence chief's power

WASHINGTON - The White House on Friday gave the national intelligence director some of the powers of an advisory board created in 1976 to serve as the president's watchdog for illegal intelligence activities, a move meant to bolster the role of the intelligence chief in relation to the 16 agencies he oversees.

Yeah, right. It's almost as if the reporter never read the EO. At the very end of the article it says:

"The order seems to establish greater presidential control over the board," said Suzanne Spaulding, a former assistant CIA general counsel and national security expert now in private practice. "It is less independent. That is the president's prerogative. But it is a trade off. I think it reduces the credibility of the of the board to some degree."

Seems to? What a watered down piece of junk that article is, imo. They didn't even provide a link to the EO, or mention it's number!

Not here baby, at ATS you get the real deal.

new topics

top topics

join