It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO population control: Is it a benevolent venture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have heard rumors of the NWO's schemes to control the population. I'm not talking about mind control, but about controlling the number of people on Earth. Stories of smallpox vaccines making women unable to give birth are one such example.

It has occurred to me a number of times that perhaps the people who seek to control the world have *relatively* benevolent reasons for doing so. Perhaps they are not sinister men seeking to have slaves, but are instead men who think they know what's best for us. (Not that I think that's right...)

As for the theory of population control, it occurred to me that the human race is, in fact, getting a little out of control. This planet can only sustain so much of our kind before it collapses, (which may be happening at this very moment.) It almost serves as evidence that we are the product of extra-terrestrial intervention, because unlike the rest of the creatures on Earth, there are very few things keeping our population in check. Why are we so different from other Earthlings?

Being that we are basically at the top of the terrestrial food chain, our only real predators are disease, famine, and other things like that. With our advances in technology and modern medicine, even diseases could soon be a thing of the past. At the very least, less people die of these things than used to.

With increased travel abilities, more people are meeting more people and having more babies with more people. Our population is quickly spinning out of control, and the natural checks and balances that kept us in line are no longer effective.

Is it possible, (assuming that the NWO exists, and that it participates in population control), that the NWO is doing so for the sake of humanity? I mean, honestly, I don't agree with the idea of forced population control, like in China, but you have to admit that people can't just be having offspring without realizing that one day their offspring may have no resources left on this planet to survive. Could the powers-that-be be trying to make a preemptive strike against our race using up all of the resources on Earth like a bunch of locusts?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
it really depends on how you look at the NWO.
I think that for the sake of humanity is the obvious idea everyone holds and will use as justification for a worldly order, no matter what they do.
As for population control, I think they may have already, by letting it get out of control and conditioning us to eat so much at the same time. If we overpopulate, not every one will die from it, only those people who are used to HUGE rations will really suffer.
I eat once a day, and its not much. I do this for the very reason that one day we will be on rations, and I want my rations to last longer than the governments plan of action.
it sucks at first, but you would be surprised at how efficient the human body really can be.
in my opinion, yes, population control is done via television.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by an3rkist

First of all, I agree with your statement "if the NWO exists" because as much as I have read and learned about this subject, there are, as usual, two sides to every story.

I have read that the NWO is behind a mass depopulation of the earth by creating diseases such as AIDS, SARS, bird flu and spraying chemtrails to weaken our immune systems for the big whammy they are about to drop on us. This may be "benevolent", but for whom? The elites of the NWO who want to control all the resources and live in paradise among their small numbers, after a mass die-off of humanity that they created? Or a race from another world who needs Earth to survive, etc., etc.? I believe our planet cannot sustain our abuse and increasing population for much longer, but does that give anyone the right to kill us off to achieve that end, except for maybe Mother Earth herself?

I think the answer is in education and enlightenment. If we went for a mass voluntary effort at birth control, reduction of consumerism and made a big attempt at returning more to the simple ways of our forefathers, we might be able to stop this out-of-control mode that we are in. (OK, I agree this would be difficult given the current population of the planet, and I could write pages and pages to explain more, but I am going for brevity here. I am open to all attacks--bring them on.) To me, that would be the most "benevolent" solution.

A pipe dream or Pollyanna philosophy? Well, maybe. But I believe that thoughts are things and create what is going on around us, so I for one will do my part in holding to that positive attitude that I just might help tip the scales.

BTW, I am surprised you didn't get more responses! I think it is a very good topic, but maybe, as often happens here, it was already discussed on another thread. I still haven't figured out how to star and flag, am a new member and don't have much time to spend here, though I would probably spend 24 hours a day if I could! So many interesting topics!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

When you see the hypocrisy of the people like Al Gore (he has five kids) who hype over population, you will have no choice but assume that those who want reduce the population of the poor and middle class are sinister.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It probably wouldn't hurt us to kind of put the brakes on population growth for a while until we do the research and find out the optimum population that the planet can comfortably sustain. Not necessarily the absolute maximum it can support, but a nice round number where there's still plenty of elbow room. Nobody has to be euthanized. People just need to put a sock on it. This is the 21st Century and there are plenty of good contracaptive methods available.

Just chillin' on the rug rats for a while.

Is that such a nutty idea?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't think it can be denied that it seems there's no end to our ever-increasing population size though. I mean, the more people there are, the more people are having kids. And the more people there are the quicker the overpopulation is going to happen. If the NWO doesn't do something about it, who will? Or are we all content to just sit idly and let the planet be overcome by mass populations of resource-absorbing humanoids?

"If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels." -Prince Phillip, World Wildlife Fund

Can't you just feel the compassion for the planet in those words?

[edit on 5/3/08 by an3rkist]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You know, I'm of the opinion that if we'd stop trying to control the population, and put all of our focus on getting off of this planet, we'd not be having this discussion, as it would be the opposite that we'd be conversing about.

Lets say, for example, that we colonize Mars in the next 20 years. Can you imagine how many people will want to go live there because of the tremendous job openings? I'm being completely serious when I say that a population explosion unlike anything this planet has seen since creation began will occur, as we'll need every person we can get to help support the ever-expansion of our species into the cosmos.

Sometimes I wonder if the whole world thinks inside of a box, and just one or two even bother to take a look outside, to see what might be in our futures... such as Einstein or Stephen Hawking.

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity of point.]

[edit on 6-3-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Well, I'm not sure if it was directed at me, but I must say I'm more than slightly offended by being accused of *not* thinking outside the box.

Anyway! I had considered what you're saying before, but then I asked myself, "What if we aren't able to colonize another planet in time?" I mean, if we destroy our planet before we even have a chance to colonize another planet, then we're screwed. I think your theory is sound, though, and the endeavor definitely warrants time and funding. But if our population overcomes our planet before we can do that, it won't matter.

Now I'm not saying I'm for population control, at least not forced population control. Maybe some education would help people understand that if they wanna have ten thousand babies they better be willing to raise those kids to realize they're gonna need to become astronauts!

I'm worried about Mormon people in particular. My family is all Mormon, and I have like fifty thousand cousins. In the Mormon Church it's a commandment to have babies. If you don't have babies you can't go to Heaven. (They make exceptions, of course.) That's why Mormon families are all so huge, generally speaking.

Anyway, that was a little off topic. I'm just wondering if these "sinister" NWO people, (assuming they exist), are actually doing this to save us. Not that I think we should thank them for AIDs and mass sterilization, but maybe if we "think outside the box" and put ourselves in their shoes we can have a little empathy and...

It's really too bad they think their God, though...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
Well, I'm not sure if it was directed at me, but I must say I'm more than slightly offended by being accused of *not* thinking outside the box.

Nope. I wasn't directing anything at you or anyone else. I was afraid that it might have been taken that way, but was hoping that you wouldn't see it like that. We all think outside of the box, or we wouldn't be here. What I think we need to do is to focus on longevity more than immediacy. Otherwise, we're doomed to extinction.

Anyway! I had considered what you're saying before, but then I asked myself, "What if we aren't able to colonize another planet in time?" I mean, if we destroy our planet before we even have a chance to colonize another planet, then we're screwed. I think your theory is sound, though, and the endeavor definitely warrants time and funding. But if our population overcomes our planet before we can do that, it won't matter.

Not true. All of the effort being put in will cost us lots of stuff. Live will be changed because of what would be undertaken. Such is the nature of the venture. Besides, the birthing wouldn't happen until the missions began.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It is benevolent to teach people how to limit their number of children, if their children are likely to suffer because of overpopulation. Any other type of population control is malevolent, and amounts to murder, IMO. It is however, naïve to think that people in poverty, who rely on offspring to help them with the manual labor they rely on to survive, will willingly limit their own reproduction. It seems that the educated in the first world have no problem in limiting their reproduction, perhaps it is best to allow nature to take its course in the third world, while doing our best to educate the people there.

top topics

join