It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Red Phone Ringing!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
First off, apologies to Pooty Tang...

There is an old adage in legal circles, "Never ask a question you don't know the answer to".

Frankly, the spot played more like a parody from Saturday Night Live and it sounded like they got a third-rate movie voice-over guy to do the narration. I think this is really a sign of desperation from the Clinton campaign. You know, "Go negative or go home." The best reaction I have seen is a spoof where Hillary answers and says, "Bill's not here." Hillarious!

My husband noted that old people tend to need less sleep so maybe the Ad plays to John McCain's strengths. Did I say strength? Whatever.

Once again, the answer to oh-so-many questions is: Barack Obama. I submit his response to "red phone ringing" would be decisive, thoughtful and forward-thinking just as he has handled all of the attacks pitted against him in this campaign.

Flame on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd rather Barack Obama be sleeping near the red phone. He's the youngest of the candidates and he's a b-baller, for G*d$ sake. He could bolt out of bed, no problem. He's spry compared to 60ish Hillary and Grandad McCain.

I want a president who can leap to attention - without help.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
He had an opportunity for the perfect comeback to that ad:

The night before, at the beginning of the debate between Hillary and Obama, Hillary complained that she always seemed to "get the first question".

As response to the ad, Obama should have played the same ad, and when the phone rang, have Hillary's voice whining, "Why do I always have to answer the phone?". Then Obama's voice saying, he'd be proud to answer the phone, anytime, day or night.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton can't run a national campaign; what makes people think she can run the U.S. government?

:shk:

Keep that woman AWAY from the red phone!

top topics

join