It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian memo recounts Obama adviser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Canadian memo recounts Obama adviser

www.ctv.ca

Sen. Barack Obama's campaign was thrown on the defensive after a memo surfaced showing the U.S. presidential candidate's senior economic policy adviser told Canadian diplomats that Obama's call to renegotiate NAFTA was only campaign rhetoric.

The Canadian memo supports what CTV News reported exclusively last week: that Obama adviser Austan Goolsbee assured Canadian officials that the senator's tough talk on the North American Free Trade deal should not be taken seriously by the Harper government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It appears Obama has been caught in quite a lie. I for one am very glad to see that all of this NAFTA withdrawal talk is a bunch of empty rhetoric. I also found it interesting that the memo takes a stab directly at Midwest voters, claiming that they will use protectionist rhetoric there in order to secure votes.

Hillary is using it as evidence of doublespeak now. Interesting and possibly ironic in that her husband, when running for President, secured a large percentage of the union vote based on promises to never enter into a North American Free Trade Agreement. It took him less than a year to ink his name on the NAFTA papers. Chances are, in my opinion, that Hillary's rhetoric is just as empty as Obama's.

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-3-2008 by WuTang]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No one finds it odd that the democratic front runner is openly lying about policy?

join