It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luxury Homes Burn in Apparent Eco-Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Luxury Homes Burn in Apparent Eco-Attack

SF Examiner

WOODINVILLE, Wash. (Map, News) - Three seven-figure dream homes went up in flames early Monday in a Seattle suburb, apparently set by eco-terrorists who left a sign mocking the builders' claims that the 4,000-plus-square-foot houses were environmentally friendly.

The sign - a sheet marked with spray paint - bore the initials ELF, for Earth Libera...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This incident will probably get serious jail time if the offenders are caught. Is this an effective way to save the earth, or just envy of those who build and live in such houses?

SF Examiner
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
it isnt certain that it was conducted by the ELF

if you read more of the report, it doesnt state they are responsible, its just speculation

honestly i dont see the point of buring with risk of burning more landscape with winds up here in washington it all can add up to bad news

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Originally posted by Sestias
Is this an effective way to save the earth, or just envy of those who build and live in such houses?

It's neither. It's an act of domestic terrorism perpetrated by a bunch of boneheads.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's no secret that the gub'mint has ben chompin' at the bit to describe everybody as a "potential" homegrown terrorist. Well now here's their excuse. The question to ask is "Cui Bono?" I suspect another false-flag attack.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

So what's the distinction between terrorism and arson here? Can you clarify for me? Is terrorism a "thought crime?"

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
from what i recall... the ELF went ahead (probably last year '07)
in torching a car lot of luxury cars (>status symbols - Mercedes?)

don't know what ever became of that incident...
but like i said on another thread -> this could be another 'false flag'

heck... the multi-million McMansions, built as Specs, weren't going tosell
in the current or forseeable future..
why not torch 'em for the insurance monies ???

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Arson is just a crime. Terrorism as it's been used since 9/11 has overtones of a threat to national security.

Terrorism is a much more thrilling crime.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If this is a false flag op, its great. Raise concerns of home grown terrorists and create an excuse for further crackdowns on civil rights, all while discrediting the environmentalist movement. Even if this isn't a false flag, it sure is a great excuse of the executive.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Surely forensic analysis of the methodology should easily determine the perpetrator, especially if there was a compelling conviction in the first case (or the group admitted it, but couldn't be found to prosecute)

In this case the insurance will just cover it and they'll rebuild.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
So what's the distinction between terrorism and arson here? Can you clarify for me? Is terrorism a "thought crime?"

Arson is merely a means towards achieving the objective: terrorism.

I'm not sure what you mean by "thought crime"?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Did somebody call FEMA about this yet?

News Flash- You are no longer safe in your own home. Better report to prison camp.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
heck... the multi-million McMansions, built as Specs, weren't going tosell
in the current or forseeable future..
why not torch 'em for the insurance monies ???

If it was one house burned I could maybe buy the insurance angle. However, with multiple houses, I'm thinking maybe it was eco-nazis that were responsible. And I found the earlier bonehead description probably accurate since when the owners rebuild they will now have used twice as many resources as they originally would have without the fires.

[edit on 3/3/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You might want to check out the thread on this that began a few hours earlier. Though it does suffer from an incomplete Title. Spent a half hour responding there.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

To tell you the truth, that was my first impression of the tittle of this thread, just a good way to get money back after building too expensive homes in this volatile market, is not way they were going to be sold very fast.

Blame it on domestic terrorism so the bill on that particular issue get passed very fast.

So government gets its bill and the builders get their money back.

Interesting when you put two and two together.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It happens to be one of those funny little facts that an economic slowdown does not affect all income levels equally. Thus, while the average guy is struggling to fill up his gas tank, the market for luxury items is often at it's peak. I doubt it was for the insurance.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
If this is a false flag op, its great. Raise concerns of home grown terrorists and create an excuse for further crackdowns on civil rights, all while discrediting the environmentalist movement. Even if this isn't a false flag, it sure is a great excuse of the executive.

hahaha

people have been setting arson fires for years all over, and for what?

terrorist reasons? no, their own selfish want to burn reasons

i think alot of you are over speculating this completely

not everything is a conspiracy, thats when you know you been spending too much time on here

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm not saying it was a conspiracy, but that it could be spun pretty well by those that can spin quite well. Either way, its not helping any cause. If it was arson, well, Heh Heh Heh FIRE FIRE FIRE

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is just the militant side of left wing politics...

Jelousy manifests in many forms, and this is undoubtedly one of them. Eco-terrorism's epitome in my opinion.

These people are the ingrowing toenail of society... let them delude themselves thinking that they have a cause, but jail them when they are caught.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I like the insurance angle to this. If I caught the story correctly, they were several unocupied homes torched. I'm not saying groups like ELF don't do these things, but i'd like to know who the developer who was developing these properties was. If it's a developer who is hurting currently ( and who isn't in that business) I'd take a look at insurance coverage and liquidity before accepting the ELF claim at face value.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join