It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geek gets chip embedded in his arm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Geek gets chip embedded in his arm

www.smh.com.au

Some people are born with a chip on their shoulder, but Jonathan Oxer's chip is surgically embedded in his left arm.

The 37-year-old from Melbourne's outer-east never has to worry about forgetting his keys because the tiny chip, typically used to tag pets, opens his front door.

A swipe of his arm under a small scanner identifies Oxer with the house computer, which then unlocks the door.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg for Australia's biggest nerd, whose entire house is connected to a central processor and can be controlled remotely via a computer or mobile phone.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted. I couldn't find it anywhere. I was having a surf this morning and noticed this article. Seems like they are warming us up to the prospect of chips are a normal and cool thing to do.

There seems to be a lot of talk about this in the media at the moment. I saw an article not long ago about the possibility of pet chips being put into humans.

Slowly but surely they are trying to make people feel like a micro chip embedded in your body is a good thing. We all know it's not.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Slowly but surely they are trying to make people feel like a micro chip embedded in your body is a good thing. We all know it's not.

Check out the latest FOIA document, it clearly points out the direction that we are headed and the importance of micro chip implantations in many instances from people to the latest technology's and applications.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-3-2008 by antar]

[edit on 3-3-2008 by antar]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You're right, soon enough there will be stories on mainstream TV.

I'll check it out. I have been slack the last few weeks and haven't had a chance to look at any documents.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That is totally sweet.

Where can I get me one of these contraptions?

sty

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hounddog Hancock

not so soon , read this first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hounddog Hancock
That is totally sweet.

Think about that for a second. Do some research and you'll find that they are not so sweet. Bitter sweet more like it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oh my... this guy is just asking to be hacked.

His entire house is rigged to a publicly available network?

I really do hope he hasn't got any enemies. The furnace would be a good way to take vengeance out on this guy... not to mention how easy it would be to torment him while he's home.

Bad idea... very bad idea.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

It's a neutral thing. I really don't understand the hubub about it. Have you ever gotten a splinter? Is it still there? Of course not, you removed it. You can do the same thing with a "chip" easy as pie. A pocketknife (or even a sewing needle!) a pair of tweezers, and a little dab of neosporin, and you're good to go.

If they want to clandestinely implant you with things, they'll just put it in your big mac so that it embeds in your intestine.

So either you'll be able to deal with it, or you'll never know.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Sure you can take it out. But the conspiracy is that you may not have a choice. If you believe in the NWO conspiracies apparently your whole life will be one one of these chips. Your money, your insurance, your medical records and more. So if you take your chip out, you don't exist. It may sound far fetched but i for one don't want my life revolving around a chip that's in my arm.

new topics

top topics

join