It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot: The Cain Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I made some posts recently that people objected to, so I thought I'd post one of my own crazy theories so people can make fun of me...

My theory du jour right now is the theory that Bigfoot is really the Biblical Cain, who killed his brother Abel. I ran across it on the net a couple of years ago.

According to the theory, the Mormon church (among others) at one time believed that Bigfoot is really the biblical Cain. The theory is supported by the following scripture...

Genesis 4:10-15

The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."

13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."

15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so [e] ; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, [f] east of Eden.

According to the theory, "the mark" God placed on Cain is his fearsome appearance, which serves the dual purpose of making people afraid of him, and thereby rendering him safe from being killed. And Bigfoot would certainly be a vagabond.

The implication that Bigfoot is really Cain could also explain several problems...

A) Would Cain be subject to the same "breeding population" arguments made by skeptics?

B) Would Cain still be an inelligent human in the brain? If so, that intelligence would make him extremely stealthy.

I guess somebody wrote a novel about this once, something called "Clan of Cain" I think, but I don't remember exactly...

OK, you can make fun of me now.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by moviepitchguy]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I like the theory it could fit....

The mark was some type of genetic manipulation, that I am about 90% sure of.

Cain would have died in the flood if he lived that long, as his father did, but if he was a beast of the field, instead of just bearing the mark of a beast of the field, then Noah would have let him on the ship, or stored his genetic material.

One of the words used in the story of Cain and Able, leads me to think the mark was more likely DNA from a scorpion or a serpent of some kind like a snake.

I also think that genetically altering people was the way they dealt with the problems of crime in general, up until the flood.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

According to the theory, the Mormon church (among others) at one time believed that Bigfoot is really the biblical Cain. The theory is supported by the following scripture...

It was my understanding that having dark skin (aka Africans) were descendants of Cain. At least according to the Mormon church.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That's a pretty cool theory.

Is that in that thar "book of Mormon", I have never read it , but seen it a laying on somebodys rack in the Navy. I went and ask 'em when they came back if it was a diffenent than the bible, he siad , yes, we use 'em both.

I guess I ought to read it some time. Or at least see if it has a bigfoot in it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
From what I understand it's not written anywhere but it's in their oral tradition...

[edit on 3-3-2008 by moviepitchguy]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I must say that this is the most ridiculous theory I've ever seen on ATS and I've seen hundreds.

With that I apologize to all the believers in shape shifting reptilians. *tongue planted in cheek for effect*

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well I guess it is Oral as I did a quick search to see if the Mormons link to bigfoot was out there. One such story was this:

"President Joseph F. Smith, Salt Lake City:

Dear Brother: In relation to the subject of the visit of Cain to Brother David W. Patten in the State of Tennessee, about which you wrote to me, I will say that according to the best of my recollection it was in the month of September, 1835.

It was in the evening, just twilight, when Brother Patten rode up to my father’s house, alighted from his mule and came into the house. The family immediately observed that his countenance was quite changed. My mother having first noticed his changed appearance said: “Brother Patten, are you sick?” He replied that he was not, but had just met with a very remarkable personage who had represented himself as being Cain, who murdered his brother, Abel. He went on to tell the circumstances as near as I can recall in the following language:

“As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange personage walking beside me. He walked along-beside me for about two miles. His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, that he had earnestly sought death during his sojourn upon the earth, but that he could not die, and his mission was to destroy the souls of men. About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the Holy Priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight. When he left me I found myself near your house.”

There was much conversation about the circumstances between Brother Patten and my family which I don’t recall, but the above is in substance his statement to us at the time. The date is, to the best of my recollection, and I think it is correct, but it may possibly have been in the spring of 1836, but I feel quite positive that the former date is right.

Hoping the above will be satisfactory to you and answer your purpose, I am with the kindest regards, as ever,

Your friend and Brother,

A. O. Smoot.”

source=faithpromotingrumor.wordpress.com...

I also thought it was kind of strange that "melchizedek" was related to my search, as noted UFO researcher "JACQUE VALLEE", had a run in with that word at the end of his famous (and very good book) "Messengers of Deception", I say again, weird.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The problem with this theory is that it suggests that there is only one Bigfoot, and he really manages to get around.

OTOH, I've speculated about an extremely long-lived species that would obviate the need to have a breeding population.

There is some precedence for it.

Link

ScienceDaily (Oct. 29, 2007) — A clam dredged from Icelandic waters had lived for 400 years - is this the longest-lived animal known to science?

So, there could be a handful of individuals that still exist in isolated areas. Thus you have the right idea, as far as postulating a near immortal.

You do know that Grendel of the Beowulf saga is thought to be a descendant of Cain?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Mormons also believed at one time that blacks were cursed and that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We also believe that Lucifer was your brother.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I definately won't be making fun of you. I don't agree with your theory, but it's an interesting idea.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Century Gothic
well im unsure of bigfoot because there are so many more people saying that this creature is fiction than there are people saying that he/she is real. I am leaning more towards the bigfoot being real theory. I don' t know there could be some big hairy UGLY creature lurking around in the forests somewhere in the US. But someone needs to figure this out because this mystery is making people loose sleep. I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!!! But I would just like for someone to convey the truth about this situation.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints does not teach that non-Caucasians are cursed, but rather that the "Mark of Cain" [and Ham] was indeed a darkening of the skin (and definitely NOT a transformation into a Bigfoot type creature). The Book of Mormon also makes no mention whatsoever of anything of the sort.

Also, the doctrine teaches that Lucifer was indeed a spirit son of God who was cast out for eternal damnation (as told in the Book of Revelation in the Bible). Added to the doctrine that Jesus is the only begotten son of God (and not God in a mortal incarnation) this does indeed mean Jesus and Lucifer are spirit brothers as are all of God's spirit children (human beings.)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have thought that bigfoot must be cain for a very long time now, so I am glad to see other people think so too. I don't know much about this, but why does bigfoot have a beard in that famous 1967 video of him walking? From what I have seen from apes, they don't grow beards.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Also, the "mark" that cain was given so that people wouldn't kill him could not only cause people to fear him, but to be interested in him. A lot of people wouldn't kill him because they would be more interested in capturing and studying him, than killing him.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sasquatch, Cain? he he. I'll ask him next time we cross paths, that is if he's related - maybe he'll cut me off from future communications or just push me off a cliff - where it will be concluded I fell, of course.

For some reason I keep thinking Bruce - Adam raised a Cain.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by moviepitchguy

Bigfoot is not cain.
Bigfoot is the remnants of Neanderthal Man

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

if not a neanderthal maybe just a clan of inbred wild people. who shy away from "modern" humans.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You guys are close about Bigfoot he has roots in the bible but not Cain. He is actually the descendant of Esau who lost his place in the world threw deception by his brother Jacob. Genesis 27:15 to 27:23

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join