It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in Florida

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am in west palm beach and my girl-friend just got back from gettting some food and she said that there was a shooting i think at a Dunkin Donuts and one persons dead, and shooter took his own life. Havn't seen it on the news so i posted it here. please track down some news sites, this just happened an hour ago.

Mod Edit: Mistype in Title Corrected

[edit on 3-3-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It was a Wendy's. Seven people were shot, two are dead, both inside the restaraunt. At least one person was taken to a hospital. That's about all that's out right now.

[edit on 3/3/2008 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 3/3/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
its another walk in and just start shooting....What is going on!! How many people have to walk into schools, stores, resturants and open fire for people to notice something up....

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
*prepares self for the predictable anti-gun vs pro-gun arguement*

I'll start:

'If this shooter DIDN'T have a gun, then those people would NOT be dead.'

I'll also give myself a counter-arguement just so I'm not rattling too many cages...

'If they were allowed to carry concealed guns, then there would be LESS people dead'

Hmm?

No guns = no shootings = no deaths

some guns = some shootings = some deaths

and for those who think that a killer would kill with or without a gun, then lets hypothesise a situation.... A killer with a knife/club/broken bottle/sword can be easily disarmed... therefore the likelihood of multiple deaths is drastically reduced.

GUNS ARE FOR COWARDS

[edit on 3-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

and for those who think that a killer would kill with or without a gun, then lets hypothesise a situation.... A killer with a knife/club/broken bottle/sword can be easily disarmed... therefore the likelihood of multiple deaths is drastically reduced.

I should get on the phone right now with 86 year old grandmother and my cousins with M.S. and tell them to get rid of their firearms and take up some Karate lessons because they're just being cowardly. Rather than going to the range they should enter Judo tournaments.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A good idea...

The local street cleaner in my area once faught off two young lads as he was physically and mentally trained in Jujitsu and the lads were half his age and he still sent them packing....

Oh wait you were being sarcastic.

Why are you all scared of each other anyway... why do you NEED guns.
Ingrained paranoia?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Why are you all scared of each other anyway... why do you NEED guns.
Ingrained paranoia?

It has its origin in the Colonial experience of British brutality during the period around the American revolution. It becomes a tenet of faith that U.S. Americans must have the right to engage in armed resistance against tyranny. Both experience and theory are enshrined in the Second Amendment to the USA Constitution.

[edit on 3/3/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i don't live in flordia, she does so i can't say anything about here... But i can talk about NYC for i grew up there and still live there. If someone on the block wants you dead for what ever reason, your dead unless you are known to have a gun in which they won't do anything. For this just shows how america's currupt officials trickle down to the middle class- But soon i won't even be able to say that. Just rick and Poor class in america....ANd that is undoubtable considering the market right now.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So you have guns in case the King of England decides to return?

reminds me of that simpsons episode.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I would have a gun to protect me from those who would intend to do harm to me. However, I prefer weapons that don't require ammunition.

Keep in mind that many criminals have illegal guns. Which means that they are not gotten within the proper channels. What makes you think that outlawing guns will keep the criminals from getting them? Seems more likely that they would still have their guns, but we would be out of luck in defending against them.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another sad member of the community decided to go off their prozac cold turkey more than likely. I personally witnessed someone who went berzerker off meds.
Scarey.
Resident evil. Why, if someone is intent on taking their life, do they need to take innocents out with them? That is something I will never understand.
Or didn't get the extra pickle he asked for on his last double cheeseburger.
What a messed up world we live in. Sigh.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
okay a fair point...

but, from a none-US citizen, it does seem your society is gun crazy.

And when we hear about yet another shooting at a mall, burger bar, school, college...

we really feel sorry for you guys.

You really are caught between the trap of guns vs no guns aren't you.

But i do think you should all stop giving your kids anti-depressants and feeding them up on violent films, games and media and instead find the source of their depression (which is undoubtably a kind a of confusion at the world around them, living in a VERY competetive environment, where the strongest / most sporty are placed on pedestals, whilst being bombarded with subliminal advertising, bunged up on anti-depressants and as I say forced to be competetive).

Please do not ever be offended by my criticisms, they are only mine...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So you have guns in case the King of England decides to return?

reminds me of that simpsons episode.

Just because your country gave up their right to own a gun we law abiding americans want to keep our rights.

if you remove guns from all law abiding citizens then criminals would run rampant knowing you can not protect yourself. The Flrida killings will more than likely be another person going off their psych meds or over domestic dispute gone bad.

Hey guns are good if in the right hands of a trained person, but in the hands of a criminal or some whack job then they can be very bad.
we all need to carry a weapon and be ready to protect ourselves.

OH by the way since the gun ban in england ,the crimes/stabbings have gone up almost 70% from what I have read so if they dont have access to a gun then a knife will still kill you and its quiet .

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I 101% agree. America is Caught up in a Guns v No Guns war. Cops are more and more frequently being charged with over excesive force... i.e Flordia resident from orlando was shot 18 times becuase they thought he had a garnade, he was eating a pear. And our comedians make fun of it (dane cook). So in return american never takes that serious. So in return citizens don't WANT guns... But need them.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
It becomes a tenet of faith that U.S. Americans must have the right to engage in armed resistance against tyranny. [edit on 3/3/08 by Pellevoisin]

Though I heartily believe that the primary reason for all of these shootings is a combination of over-prescribed psychotropic drugs and Subliminal Distraction, your statement makes me wonder - as energy has to get channeled somewhere - if these shootings are just a subconscious outlet of societal anger.

Anger over the dismal prospects for the U.S.: failed government, failed education system, failed healthcare system, outrageous taxation that nets our society nothing in return, endless war, diminishing civil rights. Maybe these shootings are a sort of twisted "armed resistance against tyranny".

[edit on 3/3/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Fair enough rebuttal mr lizard. Their is ample data on gun vs no guns.
And yes critical societal economic pressures do exist. I just don't know how much that applies to a lone wolf that decides to go loco.
The fact is crime went way down in Texas after citizens were allowed to pack.
A smith and wesson is a great equalizer even in the hands of an 80 yr old grandma.
Sad, but true.
Something in the force is way off kilter. A previously gentle grad student wastes 7 people like a zombie with no expression. Bad karma. Bad.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Just one thing to say to your last thought.

I recall the hijackers of 9/11 had box cutters/razor knives whatever you wish to call them. Why did no one easily disarm them and save the day?

It might be because people fear for their immediate safety. Stepping in close quarters to take away a melee weapon puts you at risk. If I have a gun I can stand back or sit behind some protection and fire back.

Raist

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Go to aol.com, then go to nation news. It was a gunman who burst into Wendy's and begins to fire randomly, yet another case of a horrible and sick man.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow...in the footage of the shooting scene, an adjacent billboard is advertising a gun show. That is just too creepy.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Wow...in the footage of the shooting scene, an adjacent billboard is advertising a gun show. That is just too creepy.

Could be an attempt of media bias to include that in the footage. I would say they sort of prepped that angle to include the billboard myself, for what reason I could only wager to guess.

Or it could just be a strange coincidence.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join