It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Luxury Model Homes Ablaze in Wash.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ELF is just a group of thugs posing as environmentalists -- they are not true environmantalists. They are no different than most Muslim terrorists are thugs posing as Muslim religious groups, and are not true Muslims; nor many members of the KKK who are just thugs posing as Fundamentalist Christians and are not true Christians.

Society is full of thugs and punks who get their jollies and get to feel superior by destroying the lives of other people -- and they feel are more likely to get away with acting like this under the guise of "social reform".

The violent people who belong to groups such as ELF do what they do first and foremost because they want to be destructive and have power over others, not because they truly believe in their causes.

[edit on 3/3/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
One way ticket to Guantanamo seems a little extreme for setting fires to some inhabited homes seems a little extreme. But punishment is certainly in order.

Something that strikes me as odd in this story is that the group would leave a sign in front of the blaze that pins them as the ones for the crime. Doesn't seem to be a real smart move.

I also don't like to hear these people being called "eco-terrorists", has it gotten to the point now where the terrorism term is being mutated to cover every criminal act out there? What's wrong with calling the people responsible for this arsonists, is there a need for a "harder hitting term" like eco-terrorists?

I'm not reading CS into the story, but it does seem like the media is really latching onto the terrorism boat and if they can classify an act as being a form of terrorism, they will

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

They are more like gang members (who, as a matter of fact, like to leave their mark also.)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You are most eloquent and wise Solyent. These punk heads need to be just another number of the justice system. The wanton destruction of a persons property in the guise of anarchy is inexucusable.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think it is a given that none of us would advocate destroying PRIVATE property. I am sure everyone here works as hard as I do to get what they have.

The Conspiracy side to this is that the builders may have been the ones doing the torching. The housing market has gone to complete ass and there have been at least 3 arson cases in my area in the last week of pre-foreclosure homes. These guys may have been using the multi-million dollar insurance policies they just collected to keep themselves solvent for another few months in the hope of a turn around. Houses are going to be worth less then the material it takes to build them if no one is buying.

Seriously, why would these ELF's hit the home builders? The government is the one that enables the builders and sets the regulations they must follow. Plus, we are a long way from Middle-Earth.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I read somewhere in another thread that fire is the "Little Mans Weapon of Mass Destruction".

Eco-Terrorist indeed. Though I agree that the "Terrorist" label is over used & we need to be careful how we use it so we can preserve its meaning. Here, we have builders & home owners being terrorized.

Terrible acts of have been committed and they worry about future acts and there consequences - Therefore they are being terrorized - worry about rebuilding, will the bank loan the money again, can they be insured etc. Worry about possible future acts = being terrorized.

I suppose one could argue that man terrorizes mother earth & its living occupants, I would argue that two wrongs don't make a right, as there are better ways of creating change without violent destruction. While their cause may be just - their methods are that of the mind of a spoiled child.

Another angle here that we have seen in the past with this particular group is that they seem to do these acts when one or more of its people are being prosecuted for past such acts. As if saying prosecute our people and we will make you pay with more destruction.

So, are they really looking out for the Earth as the profess, or are the merely retaliating due to the fall of their comrades. As ego centric as they seem to be, I suggest they see this as killing two birds with one stone.

Currently we have two cases that may meet the retaliation criteria. This one in Seattle.

By Associated Press
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - The 32-year-old violin teacher is accused of serving as a lookout while her friends planted a devastating fire bomb at the University of Washington in 2001.

The fire is one of the most notorious in a string of arsons that investigators say were perpetrated from the mid-1990s to 2001 by members of the Earth Liberation Front, a loosely organized collection of radical environmentalists.

This case in Portland

Rallies held as ELF activists stands trial in Portland

Associated Press

PORTLAND - Supporters of controversial environmental activist Tre Arrow held a noon rally in front of a downtown Portland courthouse Monday as one of the FBI's most-wanted fugitives stands trial.

I agree that these acts fit this groups M.O. and for those of you who aren't aware - they do purposefully leave their banners & symbols at the sites of their destruction, not only to get media attention but to snub their noses at law enforcement who they believe are an inferior subspecies below their intellectual & morally superior selves. (or something like that
).

The conspiracy that we have opportunist builders burning there own property's in order that they appear to be this groups work, is a stretch and I'm sure the investigators will figure out that by looking at both the methods used as well as the builders financial condition before these events.

I have no empathy for those that get caught doing these acts, or the time they will sit in prison to reevaluate their mistakes, as there are plenty of other avenues available which only take a little more time & effort. I will happily drag them in myself if I come upon them.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaTaX
One way ticket to Guantanamo seems a little extreme for setting fires to some inhabited homes seems a little extreme. But punishment is certainly in order.

I don't know about the 4 homes, but in my neighborhood they left propane cylinder bombs inside of newly constructed homes that were almost finished. This is terrorism plain and simple. If they struck a match it would be arson, but when they did that, it earns them a one way ticket in my book. Let them serve their time and deny them entrance back into the US. Let some other country deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join