It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

south african special forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
hi

i have a question for all the informed guys.

have any of you ever heard of the south african special forces aka the "recces"?
they are the best special forces in the world, they were the first real super soldiers who were cutting throats and taking names for their country.
i read a tread of some guy that said if you have this # call these guys or those and so on. the recces are the best because they have to do all that #, they are trained the same as the SBS and SAS.

in their 34 year history only 538 men were good enough to pass on to training. (thats amazing because SA was at war for 23 years against the russians, cubans, koreans and all of their neighbouring countries)military service was compulsory for all men. there are many books about them that portray them as the best in the world.

i think they are the best, what do you think???

die afrikaner is koning!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Even for their short history, they don't seem to have done a great deal.

I'd like to hear what some of the experts around here have to say on the matter.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I guess without actually seeing them in action, it would be hard to
determine just how good they really are.

However, after serving alongside the NAVY SEALS in Viet-Nam,
I would put the SEAL Teams up against ANYONE in the world.
I would put my last penny on them.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
yeah them pro soldiers a swell bunch, here's ultra secret picture

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They are good....No doubt about that. I think NOVA or Mil Channel did a hour long thing on them a year or so ago. From what I got the training was pretty nuts....Shooting LIVE rounds past people while they swim in water and stuff like that. But honestly they were more of a SWAT team than military unit. Their weapons were old and tech was crappy. All white guys from what I saw. so above pic is off...and not funny. However the unit I saw on tv did kill several armed bad guys in the span of 6 weeks...so they cant be chumps. Brit SAS and SEALS prob the best. Followed by Foreign Legion and German GSG

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
some additional info for all you guys.

they have been deployed to iraq along with US forces.
back in the aparheid days with all the sanctions against south africa they stole russian weaponry including a russian submarine. it has never been proven but they were suspected of the assasination of olaf palme.

the video you saw TX was on you youtube called "vasbyt" thats the south african special task force aka SWAT. the recces are the army guys check out their web page. WWW.RECCE.CO.ZA

thanx for your input sofar.

new topics

top topics

join