It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle beheads toddler in supermarket

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Women are seen as PROPERTY and can be treated as such!

I think that's the root of the problem and it's not just religion but the whole culture that puts a man at the head of the family and all women and children as mere belongings. This guy killed the child out of spite and to teach the woman a lesson not to argue with him. In his mind I think it was like breaking her favorite belonging. It will be interesting to see how the courts handle it and if they confirm that the child was his to kill at his whim.

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You hear about atrocities just as bad or worse here in the US. Children being put in microwaves or their body parts found scattered along a highway.

This is not something people are taking lightly...

www.arabnews.com...

A Saudi till attendant at a nearby cafe said, “One of my colleagues went to see what was going on and returned shivering. He saw the kid’s body and so we gave him the day off. He was in a bad state.”

An eyewitness, who lives in the neighborhood, said that the victim’s family lived close by and frequented the supermarket. “I’ve seen the murderer carrying the same child and playing with him on a number of occasions,” he added.

“No one could bear the gruesome sight of the boy’s decapitated body lying on the floor,” said Muneer, a Turkish car mechanic, who works at a garage close by. “How could someone do such a thing? I just can’t understand it... I still can’t believe it,” he said, shaking his head.

When the store reopened, employees were still in a state of shock. A guard, standing at the entrance, stood frozen and oblivious to the rush of shoppers. Pain and anguish were writ large on his face.

Whether or not their culture traditionally sees women as property, people are appalled by this act.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I can guarantee, as one with a lot of experince of Saudi Arabia, that the Saudi authorities will take this very seriously. They may be rather dubious in the areas of sexual assault and petty theft, but they take murder extremely seriously and will prosecute anyone regardless of gender, religion, nationality, sect or tribe.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
What does women being treated as property have to do with the child? Sorry, Christianity has a far worse track record than Islam, so quit trying to make that the issue. A sick demented **** is a sick demented ****.

does it #- this bastard is indeed sick and should be kicked to a pulp and then have a bag of ravenous rats placed over his head, but to say that Christianity has a far worse tracke record than Islam is wrong *snip*

Mod Edit:Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 3/3/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
since islam is not the main religion of Syria - nice for some blind ignorant fools to just wave the `nuke the rag***** there just animals` banner as usual.

oh i would laugh (thats satirical btw) if he turns out to be Christian or Jewish.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I can't believe people care if he is muslim or not, or what country he is in.

Does everyone do that when you hear of an american man doing something like this, are you americans all like these bad american men?

If anyone starts bashing islam because of this guy, it tells us a lot about you.

Sad story.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

... informed.

But as a matter of judeochristian tradition we mutilate newborn baby boys every single day in this country. As a culture our judgment of theirs is quite hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Barbaric as this was, did it actually have anything to do with being a Muslim or was it just a sick murderous act?
In the West we have our own twisted sickos, sexually abusing, then beating to death toddlers and young children. Child killing is not a Muslim-only trait, neither is beheading.

Here come the muslim apologists.

I'm sure that somewhere, at some time some non-muslim has done something as barabaric as this. But the point missed (purposely?) by these apologists is that we're not hearing so much about the barbaric non-muslims in the current news, now are we? And for all we know, under sharia "law" this granfather was possibly within his rights to have cut off the head of his grandchild.

There was a recent ATS thread on sharia "law" coming to the UK, but I never saw the following questions addressed:

Since the 2 systems of law are so different, what if a UK citizen is harmed by a muslim in a way that is not a crime under sharia "law" - for example revenge for a percieved insult to mohammed? Does the muslim just get off scott free?

[edit on 3/3/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I think you need to take a break from this forum, before you make yourself appear more ignorant.

Edit: Sorry if I offended you, just recommending.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

No, if all you can do is insult another member, it is you that needs to leave. I insulted no other member with my post and gave just my views on this subject - as most of us do without resorting to insults.

As they say, if the shoe fits, wear it ...

[edit on 3/3/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

Have you seen my thread on the inquisitions??
I'm not prejudiced!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
what a sick and twisted man that he is taking the life of any child at any time anyplace. whatever god that he does worship i hope feel's the same way as i do about taking the life of a child.
no paradise no virgins and do it over this time as a flea on the scrotum of a rabid camel PAL..

they are very archaic people in that part of the world over there. they would all still be living in tent's and riding camels if we had never shown them how to pump and refine oil people..

but at the same time you must never under estimate ignorance in large numbers.... or you will be sorry..............

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
since islam is not the main religion of Syria - nice for some blind ignorant fools to just wave the `nuke the rag***** there just animals` banner as usual.

oh i would laugh (thats satirical btw) if he turns out to be Christian or Jewish.

What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by apc

Have you seen my thread on the inquisitions??
I'm not prejudiced!

Yes, the inquisitions carried out by catholics over 500 years ago were barbaric. Thank god, as a religion, catholics have grown past that (except for the actions of some priests) here in the 21st century.

Now, unfortunately, you will find that pointing out past Christian injustices will not cause you to be labeled as "prejudiced", while pointing out current muslim barbaric practices surely will.

DISCLAIMER: The above posts by me in no way are directed at ALL muslims.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

o.k. now that's ignorant..
you are heartless towards the murder of an inocent baby by comparing circumcision to the gruesome beheading of an 18 mo old baby.
i wouldn't be very happy right now if i was beheaded when i was a year and a half old. and just because your obviously not circumcised doesn't mean that we who are somehow are not o.k. with it and compare it to being murdered...
hey dude it's deny ignorance not promote yours..

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I cannot understand how one human being could do this to another, regardless of Sex, Religion, or Race. This man has to be mentally disturbed. Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Where to start? Shaira law does not allow killing, full stop. No part of any interpretation of Islam allows you to meet out justice without recourse first to a Sharia council or your Immam - so by these two counts alone this chap is hardly following Islamic doctrine is he? We don't even know for certain if he was a Muslim.

As for the who is most evil debate, I think it is fair to say that Christians and Muslims are at least honours even. Plenty of atrocities are committed every day by people of every race and religion and no particular race or religion deserves to be stereotyped because of it. By your logic I could categorically state that all American school pupils are gun-toting homicidal maniacs.

As for the sharia law debate in the UK, the idea is that sharia courts would not act in contravention of UK law and rule only on matters of sharia morality between consenting parties. I don't agree with the idea of sharia courts (or the courts similarly employed by Jews in the UK), but the proposal is very far removed from a two tier criminal justice system. Essentially the court is a method of mediation between two aggrieved parties, criminal offences will always be subject to the criminal justice system.

Edited for spelling at a Second Grade level.

[edit on 3/3/08 by Naboo the Enigma]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

Go easy on the hate mongering there Ironman. When you make sweeping statements about a people, you are only limiting yourself.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

This is not going to do good things for the image of Muslims.

Understatement of the day right there.

I feel sorry for the family of the child, the uncle is obviously unhinged. They (Muslims) are allowed to have socipaths just like we do. The article doesn's say if the murderer was religious or not, so I will not speculate what role religion had in it. Every society has it's wacko's.

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Then I suggest you follow the advice of your mythology:
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

The Inquisition was just a blip on the radar. I'm talking about everything from Constantine to the War on Terror. Christians are in absolutely no position to cast judgment upon Islam over atrocities such as this. Religion has nothing what-so-ever to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join