It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New super quiet helicopter tested in Texas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I meant to post about this the exact same night that this incident happened, but I was just too tired as it was about 2:20am.

I live in a small town just north east of Dallas, TX. When I was driving home and going down the freeway heading east my attention was immediately drawn to this very bright green light way off in the distance that was to the North. For a while the green light was just staying in the same position as best as I could tell judging from the stars that I could see behind it etc. The entire time I could not take my eyes off this bright green light as it's probably the brightest object I've ever seen in the sky at night.

To make it short as I finally got near my neighborhood I could see this bright green light flying towards the south west. I couldn't hear a thing from it until it passed almost directly overhead. I had all my windows down in my car and slowed down almost to a complete stop to look up at it as it passed over.

It wasn't too high in the air, but if I had to guess it would of been maybe 800-1200ft in altitude. It was completely black and the bottom of it was almost and off gray of some sort from the best that i can recall. Just as it was completely over me I could finally tell that this was a helicopter and my first guess was that resembled the RAH-66 Comanche. Even with the bottom of the helicopter being painted in a lighter color then the rest of the body it was still incredibly hard to focus on it. Mainly because the bright green light in the front of it.

The thing that struck me to be odd was how incredibly quiet this thing was even tho it was so low to the ground. Once it was maybe 100 yards past me I couldn't even hear it anymore at all.

There is a National Guard base and some other military base not too far away and I'm very used to loud helicopters flying by, but this one definitely had my full attention.

I'm curious if anybody who knows more about helicopters could give any insight as to what type this helicopter may have been either in current production or possibly a prototype.

Also, what do you think about this type of phenomenon being responsible for the huge increase in UFO sightings in Texas as of late?

The reason I ask that is because until I was lucky enough for this thing to pass directly over me I swore I was seeing craft from another world.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by zarlaan]

[edit on 3-3-2008 by zarlaan]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well I definetly don't know much about copters beside we used them in Viet nam(gotta say it that way for the vets
) and that I definetly have never heard of a helicopter being that size and that quiet.

Intersting sighting, probably just a way to make way for the NWO, stealth like, huh?

=)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The Commanche is dead. They finally killed it and stuck it in its grave. There is a whole new series of helicopters called NOTAR (NO TAil Rotor) that used ducts around the tail boom to control them instead of the tail rotor. They're quieter, faster, and more maneuverable.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
if you want to find out more about the NOTAR helicopters, wikipedia has an interesting article about them. an interesting application of technology.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
WOW I'm flagging this post!!!!

This could be a GREAT discussion onboard the Skunk works form!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I saw a Boeing commercial probably 15 years ago that has always stuck in my mind. The camera was pannning in on a dog sitting on a front porch. A helicopter moves into the picture from above, landing behind the dog that was sitting on the porch and behind the house. Their was no sound and the dog didn't notice the helicopter at all. The helicopter rose and moved out of the picture. The commericial captions said " Boeing, Maybe We Do Make Silent Helicopters." It was something like that. I've never seen the commercial but once. But it was a great commercial.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by TamtammyMacx]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

Based upon what you've described, it sounds like the A160T, made by Boeing.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It was AirWolf.

Anyway, my Dad used to tell me stories of silent helicopters when he was in the army like 35 years ago. He always said it freaked him out how he'd approach the bird while it was running and it'd blow everything around but no sound other than a quiet 'wirrrrrrr'.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

Hi, the advert is by McDonnel Douglas, not Boeing,and is featured in the TV progamme, "Beyond The Truth", episode-The Mutilation Files.
Hope this helps you track it down,
Best wishes
JOHN

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

I remember that commercial! I can't find anything online referencing that helicopter.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

the process occures when anti noise is produced that is the direct opposite of the noises produced by the helicopter and this cancells out the source noise when broadcast in step with the origanal noise source. This is a laymans termed explenation the physics is invertting the source and utalising distructive wave interferance i belive.

new topics

top topics

join