It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution of UFO Design

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I will do that. Ya I wasn't alone on that occasion either. there were 5 other people in our van alone that saw it.

I will read your experience now.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
We monkey men don't have one model ANYTHING!

We have large trucks to move stuff. We have family waggons for vacations. We have zippy little sportsters for quick trips.

If I asked you to help me move, would you show up in your camaro? If we were going to a movie would you show up in an 18 wheeler?

I'm not saying we should try to speculate on what the diffrent vehicles are "needed" for, but it's a common, one might say universal, understanding you use the right equiptment for the job.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There are multiple reasons for the evolution of spacecraft design over the decades:

1. Media self-censorship

Any fringe phenomena only gets picked up by the msm, and even the "paranormal media" if it conforms to a known stereotype. If you report black triangles outside an airbase, the story might get picked up by wire services. If you report greys coming out of a silver egg to communicate with you via telepathy, then websites like this one will give it a lot of play. But report a story that doesn't fit the mold, and expect to be ignored.

Incidents involving witches far outnumber UFO's worldwide, and always have; but don't expect UFO enthusiasts to get excited about something they consider "stupid." There have been riots in various countries in response to reports of witches, but they don't get airplay in our media.

2. Believer expectation

Every sort of UFO has been reported continuously since WWII, but there are fads among the UFO community, depending on which they decide are "real" and fit in with their assumptions about UFOs.

As an example, look at the replies in this thread. When it comes to the variation in shape, some poster say that, with sufficient technology, aerodynamics become irrelevant. Others have said that maybe the aliens are from a dimension where the lawys of aerodynamics are irrelevant.

The fact is, almost all suppositions of "spaceship propulsion" envision some kind of anti-gravity device. The problem with this, one more time, is that there is practically no gravity once you get about 10 diameters from a planets surface. Meaning that there's nothing for the spaceship to "push against." Thus, antigrav propulsion doesn't answer how spaceships can travel interstellar distances. But it sounds mysterious (and therefore possible, to true believers) and so the discussion is always about antigravity.).

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Thanks for reading and contributing my other thread NephraTari. Much Appreciated! Like you I felt a sense of awe - absolutely no fear whatsoever, however in your situation, I probably would have felt a little creeped out with it being night time and all. However having a bunch of friends around me may have eased that burden somewhat. Crazy sighting though. Do you have a detailed thread dedicated to it here on the board that I could read?

Many Thanks,
IRM

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

I hear ya Incarnated! I'm sure they do have purpose driven design in the same way that we 'naked apes' do - there's no doubt about that! I'm not a disbeliever in the mothership/scout craft hypothesis and so on but I do find the technical aspects of the designs themselves to have evolved over such a short time (from a space fairing race/s) to almost mimic our own technical progress. For me that is the curious part.

Thanks for your contribution m8

Regards,
IRM

[edit on 2/6/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Every sort of UFO has been reported continuously since WWII, but there are fads among the UFO community, depending on which they decide are "real" and fit in with their assumptions about UFOs.

Would I be correct in my understanding that what your suggesting is that we somehow shape the experience... that somehow there is a heavy human element in this recipe?

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
The fact is, almost all suppositions of "spaceship propulsion" envision some kind of anti-gravity device. The problem with this, one more time, is that there is practically no gravity once you get about 10 diameters from a planets surface. Meaning that there's nothing for the spaceship to "push against."

I've often wondered about the physics of antigrav once 'we' are free of the direct influence of planetary gravitation. This is probably where 'craft' employ a different type of physics... but what could it be? I'm not a big fan of folding space as it just requires far too much energy and doesn't really appear to be efficient.. plus I have grave fears for anything that may exist within that folded space during the 'process'.

If you think about it for a second, I see folding space almost working like a collider (think CERN). You would have trillions of particles colliding as they are drawn together into a sheet of space that is wafer thin. All I see from crunching/folding space is a massive explosion. Also if the process of crunching space is faster than light, then light won't escape. Could we in theory be creating something analogous to a black hole? I'm no scientist but that's the dilemma that plays out in my minds eye.

It's certain that they aren't slingshotting and planet hoping in the way we do as it would take millions of years of 'drifting' to reach a destination. Perhaps they use a utilize another 'dimension' for travel.

Also, I've often wondered what instigates the propulsion of light from it's source... (to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction). It's not like it's shot out of a canon. Is it energy from the aether? I mean when you turn on a torch, your arm doesn't fly backwards and get ripped off your torso. Light is energy and energy is interchangeable with mass. I just can't get my head around the relationship.

Can anyone explain how photons accelerate to the speed of light with no obvious negative reaction? Is there even an acceleration process or does light just appear out of nowhere traveling at that speed? Am I making sense?

Cheers and thanks for a great contribution to this thread. I'm interested in hearing more of your thoughts!

IRM

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

IRM.....You think very deeply about this, as evidenced in your last post.

But....perhaps sometimes, we humans over-think?

Ponder, please: A larger vessel, containing smaller ones (I've heard of them referred to as the Sport Model) that are designed to operate in the nearby magnetic fields of planets, and in the atmosphere.

Forgot to mention, the larger vessels, might not be (A) able to travel close to large gravity wells, such as too near a star or, (B) are so large that they would be too easily detected, with our modern technology, or (C) something else entirely is specific to their technology, and we have no idea....yet.

As relates to the Earth, the Moon is a great place to 'hide'...if there is a species that wishes to do this. (many, many ideas have already been promoted on this subject, you can research)

Always the possibility of various species, with various ship designs...seems like a likely scenario....

There is the time element to consider, as well. Decades, maybe even Centuries of contact.....different species, different technology....

This is possibly the closer truth. Please consider, just as example, how our own airplanes have changed, just in one Century. AND, we are one species, still trapped on one Planet....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

No I have never given it a thread of its own. I have always mentioned it in passing in other threads existing. my first post about it in 2003. Most recently I found a thread of an object that looks exactly like what I saw.. although this object is much farther away from the person filming it than the one I saw was to me.

The thread with a video of the object that looked like what I saw

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

That's a shame. I would always be very interested in hearing your full account of the incident. Did you feel/sense an intelligence within/ or behind the said object.. a lifeforce? Did it seem structured in a nuts & bolts fashion or was there and organic element?

In my sighting I sensed both a structured craft and something completely organic combined as one but that could have been me imprinting my expectation or hunch upon the objects.

There were no portholes, seams or obvious propulsion but there was method and reason to their movements which denotes some type of intelligence. As far as occupants go, I guess the first logic assumption to make (based on our own technologies) was that there is a pilot or control via remote means. But part of me feels as though the objects themselves could have been the intelligence. Perhaps photonic or plasma/energy lifeforms for instance.

In a universe of possibilities - nothing is out of the question. With our limited knowledge and technologies, I don't even know if it boils down to what is the most likely... I mean what is 'likely' within our own limited framework of understanding?... But a mere fraction of the 'truth'.

Thanks again for your valuable contribution NephraTari. You open my mind and make me think and question my own experience more deeply.

IRM

Edit for dreaded typos

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

LOL weedwhacker!

It's very easy to run wild inside ones own mind isn't it - with something so elusive. With no bonafide answers to support our assumptions, when does one know when to stop?

I agree that there must be a legion of different races with the ability for interstellar travel and there is no doubt that many have found different workable solutions to the one problem. As they say (no offense to cat owners) theres more than one way to skin a cat.

I also agree that we can expect an evolution in design from space faring races too but I think what I'm getting at is a space faring race would not build craft that from the outside, appear to utilize similar methods of fabrication to that of current earth technologies.

In the early 1900's, the images we have on record of said craft look very clunky in an early 1900's kind of way. Surely the technological designs of a race that was already space faring back in the early 1900's (our time) would still appear to be totally futuristic even by todays standards.

It is these craft that believe may be the hoaxed craft because there are too many visual parallels to that particular era to totally dismiss the hypothesis.

I'm not too sure that they are interested in not being detected, otherwise they wouldn't glow and buzz around in plain view of people. However, having said that, different agenda's from different races could certainly account for this. Where some may be brash others may be more secretive - even to stay out of sight of other space faring races. Anything goes I guess. LOL!

I will stop now before I start to think too much otherwise this post runs the risk of becoming a small novel
hehe

Thanks again for so much food for though WW! My brain's in a spin!

IRM

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Honestly yes it had something intelligient behind it.. it was an obvious attempt to get us to notice it. however I didn't necessarily get the feeling that IT was the intelligience. I did not seem organic to me. However it did seem like it was fluid in design seemless with no entry points visible. perfect in every way.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have a feeling that the type of craft you describe is probably from one of the more advanced races. It really makes you ponder on simple things such as, how do they get in and out of the craft, how do they see where they are going.

I can only imagine that from the inside it may be like looking outward from a transparent balloon with a full 360 field of view... kind of like what Jodi Foster could see from within the 'craft' in Contact - solid from the outside but completely transparent from the inside.

Like someone (can't remember who) once said that advanced 'alien' technology would appear as magic to us.. completely unfathomable.

You were very lucky to witness it so very close to your car as was I in my proximity to the 3 objects I witnessed. In a weird sort of way, I feel privileged. Also like you, I felt no fear. As a child I always imagined that witnessing such a thing so close would be petrifying - yet having said that, I still have grave doubts about the agenda's of these intelligences that are visiting our Planet. So much subterfuge!

..but who am I to guess 'alien' psychology!

I'm sure if I keep chipping away at you I will finally get the whole story albeit a bit broken up.. LOL!
I do actually sense a hesitance from you to discuss it in full. Is there a reason for that you would like to share? Or would you prefer to keep it safe and untarnished from the people that may be inclined to debunk and discredit your experience?

IRM

Edited for Blasted Typos! Grrrmmmph!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I don't fear them at all. Well not the ones that come to me. There are some that I would avoid.. actually probably most other than those that watch over me.

Thankfully it seems I have the ability to ask for their protection when it is needed and they will help when they can. At least that seems to be the case, from recent experience.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Your lucky you seem to have experiences with positive life forces. Unfortunately the lions share of people don't.

I'd be more than happy to sit down and talk to them in a normal everyday setting with no mind tricks and plenty of straight talking. Not kidnapped against my will out of my bed mid sleep and basically 'raped' as many people are.

Without giving people choice in the matter, it's fairly sinister. I mean if a human was to treat another human that way, they would spend a lot of time in jail.

I don't fear them - but thats probably because they aren't interested in me! LOL! I think I abused my body far too much in my youth for my DNA to be worthy of study

Anyway - were sliding a little off topic here - Ooops!

Thanks Again for your valued participation NephraTari!

IRM

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I' was jus reading another thread about this and googled "evolution of ufos" big suprise lead me straight back to ATS

Anyway ill say the same thing i said in the other thread.

Its all relative to what you understand is possible. People report seeing what they percieve to be the next logical step in humankinds technological evolution.

Why? i have no idea, other then that its something subconsiously (sp) built into our brains.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Hi there drock905,

I was surprised to see this old thread bumped back onto the first page. Always a pleasure as it's a topic that deserves more discussion than it gets.

Instead we see 10 pages of useless vox pop threads like "What Colored Boxer Shorts Do You Think Grays Wear?"

As stated earlier on this page, I agree that there may be some kind of 'human' element involved in how we perceive UFO's and their occupants. For instance, the US & Australia etc gets many Grays, the UK and Europe encountered a lot of Nordics and Sth America & The Middle East/Sub Continent.. well... they get some real bizarre looking ET's and are probably the most diverse!

Logically, you would assume that if an Alien culture was coming all this way to study us (or whatever) then they wouldn't limit themselves to just one small part of the globe or one type of people.

Is it then safe to assume that we should all be seeing the same variance of aliens and craft all around the world?

It would appear we don't and that's why I believe in the possibility that there may be a human element that shapes how we see them. In saying that, you would also have to assume there's also a technical and aesthetic variance amongst different races of ET's combined with their own technical advances over time.

To add to that, they must also have purpose built craft to handle different kinds of jobs/missions - i.e You're not going to fly a big mother ship into the lower atmosphere to abduct a few humans... not if you want to be stealth. There may be craft that are more suited to working within the gravity of a planet and then some that work best in the zero gravity of space.

Mate, there are just so many variables that I'm going to leave it there or this post runs the risk of becoming a short novel.

I'd be interested in hearing more opinions from members. Perhaps something that hasn't already been covered in the thread thus far. This is an interesting topic people... please contribute!

Thanks for your valued opinion drock905

IRM

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Got another to add. Last night we saw one that was VERY tall vertical cylindar shaped and white just sitting in the sky all by itself for a while.
It was solid.. and when a plane came by it was about 10x the height of the plane and about 4x the width. Which makes this thing incredibly large.

Dunno what it is.. but I did share it as soon as I got home last night.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

That's really interesting Nephratari!

Did it react to the aircraft in anyway or was it just stable and unchanging in the sky? Did you watch it until it left or disappeared?

Interested to know more! You should have taken pictures!

IRM

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

lol still don't have a camera.. check out the thread you will see that was one of the things I actually turned to my son and mother in law and expressed my frustration over not being able to get a picture of it. Would have to have been a really good camera though.. it was quite high and a good distance away.. not to mention I was driving and there was no place to pull over.

It remained stationary as if parked there. We haven't yet stopped talking about it.. my son and mother in law and I have been discussing it most of the day.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Ahh yes, I saw that thread on the board but I was too negligent (some may say stupid) to realize it was yours!

Saw something just now..

IRM

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join