It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows need to ditch Katrina trailers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Study shows need to ditch Katrina trailers

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Certain brands and sizes of trailers used to house victims of Hurricane Katrina release more formaldehyde than others and officials say they want to check a wider selection of temporary housing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Its incredible that most powerful country ( like MSM leads us to believe ) can not repair its destruction from one natural disaster.

I live in Thailand, where just one year before Katrina whole region of Phuket was devastated from Tsunami. After 2 years from event that broke the whole city and coastline from hundreds of kilometers, I almost didnt find any evidence from those events ever happened.

But I saw pictures from terrible devastation, witch has happened. But rebuilding houses, fancy hotel and resorts, shops and restaurants happened almost over night, and people gather to help the victims, no matter if you were tourist or local.

Now, in US over three years after Katrina, there is no rebuilding happened in large, total scale. People are still living in Trailers!

I think this is incredible!

This shows that true power of nation is not in money or welt, its in its people and their will. This shows true ignorance and incompetence of US government and their fellow citizens.

Shame on you USA!

Whole another story is the aftermath. After Tsunami in Thailand all media was full of grateful tourist who tell to world, how local people help everybody, even when they had lost everything to help those who had survive: Without greed or hate, totally without being selfish.

In aftermath of Katrina we see pictures like same that in worst time of South African apartheid: White Texas boys patrolling devastated streets in their armoured trucks. Shootings, killings, robbery and deep untrust to each others... Signs of total greed.

I move to Thailand mostly because the aftermath of Tsunami, still living here and deeply respecting and learning from its powerful citizens and nation. Because of aftermath of Katrina, I think I never will enter USA, and continue my deep criticism of western lifestyle in US and most part of Europe.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join