It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having problems with caffiene?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Last year I could have a soda or a cup of coffee and no big deal. Now it seems like everytime I have one cup of coffee or maybe a bottle of pepsi/coke the next day I have a horrible migraine (unless I drink more caffiene) and sometimes it lasts more than a day. I know that if you are used to having it and stop you will have a headache but I don't drink it that often and I used to could have a little with no problem.

I was just wondering if maybe the ptb have changed the chemical compound for some reason to benefit them of course. Anyone else noticed this?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Who the hell knows now man. It could be the government putting in [Snip] stuff to effect the masses. Or it could be you, not able to take caffeine any more. Caffeine is a bad thing anyways, you should quit if you can.

[Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 3/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Caffeine is a drug. Your body has built up a tolerance to it, and when you don't get enough to get past that tolerance level you get a bad headache. I don't have that problem because I drink the stuff like it's water.
But I'm up teaching all day so my throat dries out pretty easily.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I feel that our government here in Canada has our population under control with the very tasty drug called "Timmies"... I can't go a day without one, and if I don't have one... the wife tells me I'm grumpy...

On the other hand, I have heard a silly theory, about how the Tim Hortons company has their cups lined with vanilla, and in the vanilla coating there are traces of opiates... hmmm, pretty far fetched if you ask me, but then again, what better way to market a product, if you can get your customers addicted... so I guess, the control of chem' levels in products could have an adverse effect on the consumer...

I was watching a cigarette doc' the other day, and on this show it had a segment about how cigarette companies, used machines to smoke cigarettes and collect the second hand smoke/nicotine, and put it into new cigarettes... another stretch in my opinion (sorry no resources for this claim, just a show I had flipped past, channel surfing)

But there are possibilities that our government(s) or TPTB insist on maintaining some form of economical control over us. Sub consciously or not, it is still possible... well, maybe not by the government, but corporations... for sure!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I work nights, so I am heavily addicted to caffeine now. I know what you mean with the headaches though. I wish I had a better alternative, but flipping my schedule from nights to days and back every week is just too difficult without some sort of assistance.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I dunno. I drink caffeine like it's water as well, yet I can stop drinking it for a week with minimal side-effects. It's strange really. I just eat more is all.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by StoneGarden

Garden, absolutely right!!! That damn timmies is consuming the Canadians. And it is American OWNED!!!!! Though when i was in western canada, they did not have a ton of Tim Horton's. If i have to say one thing that separates Canadians from americans, is that We love our timmies, and they can shove their Star bucks where you no what, cause that is too expensive.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by darcon]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have a problem with caffiene. From an early age i drank tea and coffee like water, not so much coke because i prefer still drinks to carbonated ones. Anyway when i went to school i would always beg my teachers/parents to let me come home on a lunch time so i could have my daily caffiene fix, they couldn't let me do this and as such i suffered from migranes to the extent that i would come home from school and go to bed with a cup of tea and a paracetamol and close the curtains in my room. It had to be dark because the light would hurt my eyes.The attacks subsided as i started high school and was able to come home at lunch. I have cut down my intake by drinking herbal tea- decaff coffee gives me a migrane almost immediatley. I still get migranes if i 'forget' to have a cup of normal caffinated tea in the morning. It's pretty strange that this topic has come up as the last attack of this nature was this weekend, and lasted nearly three days(friday to sunday) as this was a pretty hectic weekend (friends house late fri migrane starts sat am wake to go shopping with my girlfriend-no time for a cuppa just rush off- return home after shopping and get ready for friends party arrive home late sat/sunday am. Sunday wake up-its mothers day- rush off to see girlfriends mum/family have sunday lunch and return home then to another friends where i have a large cup of tea, 1/2 an hour later migrane is gone). I have also noticed alternative's for curing my migranes such as pressure points breathing techniques ect but the tea/coffee route along with another alternative i cannot mention have proved the quickest and most reliable.
I believe that i have built up a dependence on caffiene and others would bevable to too in a short period of time.

sorry for the ramble, just thought it would help others understand.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sometimes too much makes my jaw stiffen up or it makes me very jittery. I try to only have one cup of coffee a day.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I too drink a lot of coffee, usually 2 extra large Timmy's with 2 cream each every day....sometimes 3. If I go a day without one I end up getting a bad headache and usually in a bad mood....according to my wife
but in all seriousness I do feel a little on edge and snappy when I don't get my regular infusion of coffee.

I was thinking of cutting coffee/caffeine completely out of my life for a healthier life but then my wifes cousins husband told us his story.

Apparently he used to drink a crap load of coffee every day perhaps a pot or 2 to himself every day all day. He wanted to live a healthier lifestyle so he decided to quit cold turkey. The next day he and his wife were having fun in the bedroom (you know what I mean) and he ended up having a stroke. His Doctor told him it was because his body went into shock from the sudden loss of caffeine into his system after all those years of basically overdosing on the stuff.

My wife, after hearing that, told me that I am to keep drinking coffee but wean myself off of it slowly if I'm still wanting to quit. I decided since I also just quit smoking that the loss of one vice was good enough. So I will keep drinking it for now.........after all, I wouldn't be able to wake up let alone function for the rest of the day without it.

- Sometimes my wife wakes up grumpy.......sometimes she just lets me
sleep

[edit on 3-3-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hey All,

Love a good cup of Java.

Cut down on it and only do it with my own bean ground in the AM.

The stuff of Starbucks, Carrabou, etc. has a huge caff hit that is way more than any human should ingest.

When I look back at some of my mistakes, they were always coupled with visits to the ever present coffee shops.

It's a drug. Sheeshh

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I drink coke a hell of a lot faster than water when I get hold of it. In fact if I had unlimited amounts of coke I would go through multiple litres a day. Same for Red Bull. However despite the vast amount of caffeine I drink normally when I go without it for a while I don't have any problems (at least that I notice other people may say different). In fact I don't really get the energy high that others do from Red Bull I have been known to drink a can and go straight to sleep after.

- Cauch1

I am going to go get my fix now.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

The body completely changes every seven years. Allergies come and go, and you may be developing a reaction to caffeine. I used to get nervous shakes when I would ingest caffeine, now it does not bother me at all. It is just our bodies changing on us, and we have to adjust sometimes.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't usually drink caffeinated beverages because they don't do a thing for me. No energy, no crash. Soda's nice from time to time, but it's got too much sugar to drink regularly. Never did like the taste of most teas, and I can't stand straight coffee.

I've got a roommate who's practically addicted to the stuff though. He's got caffeine pills and everything.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey !

ATS T&C are against discussion of Drugs Personal Use.

Mod : PLEASE TRASH THIS THREAD !

Edit : OOoooopps ! Caffeine IS A LEGAL DRUG... Just forgot... Go ahead !

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I've been consuming caffiene for more than 30 years. I cannot imagine what it would be like to do without it. Always joked that, the day They come to take my coffee away, is the day they sieze that hot steaming mug out'a my cold dead hand!
I have never gotten headaches from it, however: If I ingest (what for me is) too much caffiene, it reverses, and makes me fatigued. I'll NEVER again buy one of those energy-drink cans, after ONE experience, where, right after I was sipping it, I felt like I drank a bottle of sleeping pills. I had to lay down immediately, then went to sleep.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have a problem with coffee allright! Stuff puts me right to sleep! I have to drink, like six cups of the stuff to get any sort of reaction. Better to lace it with some bull, but that stuff tastes way too nasty! I tried various other energy drinks, and some of them seem to work, however I think thats more likely due to the sugar-high...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The only problem I have with caffeine is that it works the other way around for me . Meaning it makes me sleepy :/ I can usually drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee before I start getting sleepy.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeh I get this as well stuff like coke gives me a bit of an energy high but stuff like red bull sends me to sleep. Another flaw in a science that has taken hundreds of years to develop.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
no problems with caffiene, aka, coffee... without it....

if the shtf, i often think... what would i do if no way to make coffee? and then me and everybody else going through coffee and nic fits... yikes...

instantly, i think of this other thread about something along these lines... maybe another jolt of the good stuff will enable the memory somehow

yep, no problems...., --- Yet ---

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join