It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Psycanics'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
After reading a few posts about the book "Happy Pocket Full of Money' (and posting a link myself) the other night, I tried to find a few data about its author, David Cameron Gikani.
And so I stumbled upon - I am quoting Wikipedia now - a new form of "mysticism", called Psycanics (gotta hate the name, if nothing else), 'developed from the experiences' of a contemporary "mystic", called Powell.
In fact, it is said to have appeared in "late 2006".

Does anyone have any experiences or first-hand data about it?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nobody has heard about it or wants to discuss it?
(Not that I blame you. ; ))

That's extraordinary, considering the visitorship of this website and the apparent wide popularity of the book (HPFOM).

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
OK, here is a website:

Psycanics

It's the founder's website, so I wouldn't expect it to be "impartial", but then few accounts of anything are.

And I don't think any of us needs a mental "nanny", anyway...

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nice find Vanitas!!! Only now I see this thread. I've never heard of Psycanics before. It looks interesting though.

I've just come across this part of the site.

www.psycanics.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Thanks!

(Sorry for such a belated reply...
)

The WWW (and I do mean the "world", too) being what it is, perhaps now there are already some adepts on ATS, so they can enlighten us further and first-hand...

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I have read Thomas Powells two published books and he has now sent my husband and I his newest, still unedited book. Also we have begun to use a Pilot - much like a counselor to help us discreate our negative realities and beliefs until we can learn to do this work ourselves.

I don't believe psycanics is for everyone in the sense that we live in a culture of blame and lack of complete responsability. Psycanics is owning up to your life being as it is and taking 100% ownership. It isn't easy!

You must understand the seeming easy concept of BAD as it is the foundation of all pain and the essence of psycanic. If something is not BAD we experience no pain. As soon as BAD comes in we are in pain and trying to make "it" stop. Psycanics teaches there is no real BAD. Not easy to swallow! You then discreate all BAD belief and identites that are in the form of conscious thoughts and opinions or the mass of them that are subconscious.

Psycanics is well known in parts of Mexico but has only one Pilot in the US. This makes it very difficult to get this material out to the general population in terms where people can truly learn it and live it. It is not simple material but I believe it is the most powerful work available.

Cheers~Rebecca

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can't find it on wikipedia... can you post the wikipedia link?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
why concentrate on the beta, theta and gammas when you already have the alpha and omega?

Really, I looked close till I saw the chart with soul housing the identity, instead of mind. They are going to need to do a whole lot more research, to get a workable system.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.psycanics.org... A short book available on the site. I'm reading it now.

At first glance it looks like i already practice a bit of it i think. negative emotions don't tend to linger in me while the good things stick so i like it already

Anyway, this is just first glance for me so i could be wrong.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Few accounts might be, but science always is. If this stuff is legit, put it to the test! If the guy who's selling it (either literally or figuratively) won't do that, then stay away, as it's most likely bunk.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I just found this discussion of psycanics. Let me say, from my own experience, study etc, this is the real deal when it comes to understanding how the human being works. By that I mean at the website psycanics.org you can read heaps of free information that gives a good idea of what this 'new' science is all about.

This science of being and life will become mainstream science in the years ahead because more and more of us want to know who we are, why we think the way we do, how to control our emotions, how to love instead of anti-love ourselves and so much more interesting aspects of how we function. This is psychology/spirituality on steroids.

While psycanics is for the intelligent student of life, it's compelling reading and the personal development strategies it offers or nothing short of brilliant.

Well worth the effort to investigate further.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by marbar]

top topics

join