It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noted Physicist: I combine science with the paranormal!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Do you believe in spirit attachments at all? The old good angel and bad angle over each shoulder routine?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
it is the delusion of maya that makes us want to partake in wordly things and satisfy the ego....
the ego may be thought of as that bad angel
your ultimate self which is the atma
is pulling you in the other direction
maya me be thought of as satan
keeping us through a screen of delusion mired in
material desires
god is always pulling us towards him
it is our lower material selves that keeps us tied to wordly things

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thegl
But I am a physicist, and I have some ideas on the edge of things too- for instance:

Constellation Analysis of Ancient Sites

Physicists are pretty open to such ideas simply because our particular field is so old and established, we get some leeway that is attributed to eccentiricity.

That's an archaeological and anthropological question. And yes, we are open to new ideas. But we aren't open to ideas derived by "channeling." It's got to have a good cultural foundation and be supported by other finds... not "wow, I found this GREAT ROCK and I'm sure it's a solstice marker" type of discovery.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Do you believe in spirit attachments at all? The old good angel and bad angle over each shoulder routine?

No.

There's little evidence that when we make a decision, we weigh out anything. Much of what we do is instant impulse. And all of it is culturally based.

So the "good angel" of, say, a conservative Christian, would tell him one thing (divorce is NEVER allowed for believers) while the "good angel" of a more liberal Christian would tell them something else (divorce may sometimes be the best option for a believer) and the "good angel" of yet another faith would tell them something else (having plural husbands is better than a single husband.)

"Good" is culturally defined. It always has been. Check the difference between the laws in the Bible (where you can stone someone for adultery or for various things, including touching the altar) and modern laws (where you can't stone anyone.)

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

There's little evidence that when we make a decision, we weigh out anything. Much of what we do is instant impulse. And all of it is culturally based.

I agree with you Byrd.

"Good" is culturally defined. It always has been. Check the difference between the laws in the Bible (where you can stone someone for adultery or for various things, including touching the altar) and modern laws (where you can't stone anyone.)

The problem is that almost all people still don't or refuse to understand this.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
reading 'the tao of physics' now. great book.

I recommend reading "A Breif History of Time" By Stephen Hawkins. A real good look at the physical and spirtual universe from a brilliant mind!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
from every thing i know of stephen hawking
brilliant mind
does not beleive in god is what good friend told me

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I believe goodness leads to the etheral and long term path to oneness with the creator.

Evil=Live which is preference for all other existance than that noted above.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Great thread THENEO,and I couldn't agree more,modern science,save the work of a few who think outside the box,is in desperate need of a wakeup call into the paranormal world.Because of its unpredictability,99%of the scientific field scoffs at it and simply dismisses it.At least with the venture into String Theory and gentlemen like Swanson,some acknowledgement that things which are not of everyday physics are slowly starting to surface and no longer being taken as a joke by the field.Hopefully more physicists will join the fray and use their knowledge of the universe(s)and matter to open up exploration into the unseen/mysterious.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by 11thdimension]

<< 1   >>

join