It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So It's Time, Elevatedone Works Out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Alright, enough laughter...

Seriously, the wife and I have decided that starting Tomorrow, we're altering our diets and eating habits and going to get some type of exercise.

We don't have a home gym, however we do have access to the training facility at my office. It's not that far of a drive, so we plan on hitting that 1-2 times per week.

I'm looking for some advice on exercises that we can do at home, with no equipment.

Basically we're looking to lose a few pounds and at the same time try to trim up the gut.

So guys, whatd ya think?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
WTG!

You can always do calisthenics, which require little to no equipment.

You guys could also run a few miles around the block or something.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Good on you both for taking the oomph to get up and do something,

Ok home stuff,

You may want to look in to a keep fit vid or a dance the pounds away vid lol Sounds funny but its a good guide to get you moving and can be fun if your doing it with the wife,

Sits ups! Is a must, Hold each others legs or just do little crunches,
Set your self a target for home many you can do, they add a few more as you get used to it...

Stick your fav music on and do some Squats, looks for some gym type music...

The rocky sound track can be quite inspiring lol

Lots of walks! Always a good thing

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Where are you guys at as far as health right now, Elevatedone?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Great advice guys...

the wife mentioned the music and crunches etc, at home.

DFB - ummm we're ok.

I'm only about 10 pounds over weight, I can get rid of that easily, just giving up 3 cans of pop at the office and the 2-3 glasses at home per night.

I won't mention my wifes specifics on here, but she does ok. She was doing the Weight Watchers, lost a lot, but still not where she wants to be.

We're planning on walking the neighborhood once the weather gets better, going to the fitness center and walking on treadmills, mainly.

I've decided to give up so much soda pop as I said, she's addicted to the diet coke, so I'm working on that too.

I Love cookies and snacks, going to cut those out. Ok, I'm going to try.

I don't like many fruits and veggies, so I have to work on that too, I'm a meat and potato guy.

I appreciate everyone's advice and keep it coming.

Thanks,

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That is fantastic! Congratulations on your enthusiasm, good luck to you two.

To get a good sweat at home without a lot of fuss, you can't go wrong with Tae Bo. Billy Blanks' videos are awesome, you'll really notice an improvement in your flexibility and stamina over time.

If you're comfortable doing a little heavier cardio and would enjoy sweating your patootie off, check out The Biggest Loser cardio max dvd. It's more difficult than it looks, believe me. When you can work up to doing the entire thing, which is about an hour, you feel pretty good afterwards.

Good luck! And remember... happiness is a body drenched in sweat!! LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You can also pick-up one of those big yoga balls. You can use those for crunches and push-ups. Plus there are other excercises you can do with them.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

10 pounds is nothing, man! Especially if you eat a decent amount of anything processed, whether it's fast food or t.v. dinners or the like. You would be amazed at what slashing your sodium will do. At 10 pounds over weight, eliminating pre-cooked meals, eating a well balanced home cooked diet, and a little bit of consistent exercise will wipe that fat right off. You don't need to buy anything, either. I stay like Bruce Lee and I just do an everyday regimen of push ups, sit ups, and every other week, I'm constantly doing low/high intensity cardio. Getting back in shape is not going to be a big deal at all!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh I feel your pain. I have decided to jump back on the wagon this week as well. I feel crappy and tired all the time and know its from all the blah food I've eaten over the winter and making excuses not to get out and run. I agree with DeadFlagBlues...that cutting some of the things you overindulge and adding some form of exercise to your daily routine will probably drop that 10 pounds right quick.

I am, or was, a caffeine junkie. Drank 2 pots of coffee every day and threw in 3-4 cans of coke for good measure. I ate at ridiculous times often skipping breakfast, starving by lunch and eating WAY too much. Then I was never hungry for dinner but by bedtime I'd be hungry and I'd grab some chips or something before bed....not good at all. By eating my 3 (properly portioned) meals a day and throwing in a few snacks and drinking water. Cutting myself back to 2 cups of coffee a day and only having a coke once in a while as a 'treat' I dropped 20 pounds in about a month and a half. That was still eating the same foods, just in a proper way. After that I had to add exercise, and healthier food options to get the results I wanted. It took me about 7 months to drop 60 pounds and I felt great!

For exercise I started just walking 20 mins/day after supper. I found that after 2 weeks of that it wasn't enough and began waking up early to go for a longer 40 min. walk each morning. Another month of that and that started becoming too easy so I tried jogging. The first day was horrible!! I could only get a block then had to walk off the stitch and the heavy breathing for another 3 blocks LOL

Eventually after about 2 weeks I was finally able to jog the whole route that I used to walk in 40 mins and just kept adding an extra block or two after that. When the winter approached I bought a treadmill and although I didn't enjoy that as much as running outside, it got me through the days that were too cold or snowy to go out.

I applaud your decision to get healthier and I will be thinking of you and your wife when I climb my tired bum out of bed tomorrow morning early, and remember I'm not alone!

Good luck

Michelle

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Fair play to ya!

Just upping the activity level is usually enough to start dropping a few pounds, cutting out the crap is a good thing to do, but it kinda takes the fun outta life too!

You've gotta make it fun, diets are for the dead!

I could do with loosing a few pounds or 10! As the summer kicks in I'll be able to get out on the bike a bit more... looking forward to it, which is a good sign I think.

All the best... It looks as though a lot of us are with you!

MonKey

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Same advice I always give...

rice and beans every day.

5 fresh organic fruits every day.

8 glasses of clean water every day.

quit the corporate job and pick up the hand tools.

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

join