It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is God ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
too many people blindly talk about "god"....tell me, to you, what is "god". not a creator or some bull# you got from a book or some guy on a stage with expensive AV equipment. what is god to you. an ancient old man, the image of jesus, or that guy standing on the corner with no money that still gives you a smile?

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
God is intelligence, all thought all order.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
God is the prevention of intelligence laughing all the way to the bank in the depths of human ignorance.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
omnipotent.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
to me, god is one of three things, usually a mixture.
some dude who can do some awesome # id like to be able to do.
some dude who was created to make sure people were nice.
an 'image' inside of all of us telling us where, for better or for worse, where to go and what to do there.

i like the first one

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The universe and the inherent order within the universe. Nature. No all-knowing and vengeful being, but all of creation and the cycle of death and rebirth of all matter and the transference of energy.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We are all gods... or more specifically we are all part of god... each individual is their own god, and each individual has only to answer to themselves and ustify their own actions... that to me is god

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
God is my favourite fictional character

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yeah, Id have to say fiction, for the most part. At least as far as the popular ideas of god go these days. I never really gave it much thought until my wife died a year ago (which, very very ironically was EXACTLY a year ago today, Feb 19th). It wasn't really fear of death that made me think about it, rather, it was the problem of what to tell our children (we have 2 girls, 4 and 6 years old). This presented a little bit of a problem, since my wife and I had never really approached the subject with our kids. We always just said that they would figure it out for themselves when the time came, and we would support their opinions.

SO anyways, here I am trying to figure out what to tell my kids about where thier mother is, when it occured to me that I had an idea all along about the matter, just never voiced it. And it went something like this:

When you die, part of you goes away and part of you stays. The part that goes away is the part that is made up of all the love you have ever felt and recieved. That part goes back to where it came from, because that is the whole reason behind life. Youre life is only as happy as how much love you have in it, because love and caring are the building blocks of life.

This isnt really aknowledging the existence of god, really, but the possibility. My opinion is that if god exists, its not a man or a woman (if either, would actually probably be a woman), and youre not gonna be punished for ever and ever for not believing in him/her/it.
And keep in mind, just because god might exist, that doesnt necessarily mean that there will be an afterlife. And, I guess there could be an afterlife and no god. Interesting, huh?

Anyways, I could have went into more detail, but I wont. I guess thats the gist of it. I dont want to hijack the thread and make it into "djnothings sob story of the day". I guess I had to talk about it on today of all days, but I thought it was relevant as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
too many people blindly talk about "god"....tell me, to you, what is "god". not a creator or some bull# you got from a book or some guy on a stage with expensive AV equipment. what is god to you. an ancient old man, the image of jesus, or that guy standing on the corner with no money that still gives you a smile?

God is the creator of life and everything in the univerese. To us it may seem strange but God was always there he didnt come to be and he created everything and to him the whole univerese seem like a 1 inch black circile (if 1 inch) He is powerful and a holy spirit that watches over us and sees EVERYTHING that anyone in the univerese does, and that bull# ucalled the Bible is not true. Everything in the Bible is true so it's not bull# so dont u go calling a Bible bull# because youre sure as hell going to go there

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by AD5673]

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
God is a word (symbol) to express an idea. What you may call God could be, and most often is, completely different from what another calls God. In this sense, we have created 'God'. I suspect that the TRUE God is something so far out there that we would bearly be able to comprehend it.

IMHO, those that would tell you that they know 100% what god is are full of it and egotistical. We all have our theories and in this demension I doubt that we will ever put the questions to rest.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

My view of what "God" is if you could call it that isn't a being or some old dude with a beard. It's all and nothing. It just is, and exsists in all things...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think that God is just like Tao, a great universal order through all things, which also interconnects them all.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

What is God ?

He is the Guy that keeps a list of the good and bad people and then he gives the good people presents on his birthday.......or is that santa?

I get them confused sometimes

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
To be honest I think "God" is just the energy and/or life force throughout the universe, I dont think we can make him in our own image.

I am not even sure it is aware in the manner that we consider awareness.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Think about the Main board in the computer Memory
Cpu They Need a "power" to work. The power controls the Whole thing If no power they are totally useless.
And every living thing need also a "power" to really work
The job, that the So Called "GOD" does is to transport the power (That power really are you! using the Body) to the living creatures.ex Humans.

Excuse my English

Edit: That was joust an Example No we do not work like Hardware in a Computer

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Cardu]

Edit: A second Theory: The actual (we) the energy/power or what it is. Goes when it leaves the body are where the Time doesnt get Access.

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We as humans, can't fully know all there is about God. We are just given glimpses of God. We will trully know all there is to know of God when we come face to face with Him when your time comes. Be patient.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
my friend had a nice little theory.
god is perfect. humans are not. we strive to be perfect tho, and that is where god comes in. god is perfect, and we spend everyday trying to be more perfect/more like god. we will never get there, but the idea is to get as close as possible.
this allows for religions who believe that way is the best way, and for businessmen who believe that is the best way, and for anyone with their own belief.
i like it. i dont necessarily believe in it, but i find it more believeable than many others.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
God is the sparkle in the eyes of all those conscious, and all that they have witnessed, and all that they will witness.

God is neither dwelling here or there, but the dwelling itself, and all things in it and out of it.

God is .... God, or else God isn't.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What is God?

Originally posted by Amuk
To be honest I think "God" is just the energy and/or life force throughout the universe, I dont think we can make him in our own image.

I am not even sure it is aware in the manner that we consider awareness.

That's very close to my understanding...

IMHO, "God" is actually two different yet related concepts that many often confuse to be one and the same thing:

1. The Original Creator who initiated The Big Bang and is where all souls come from; and,

2. The Light Of The God Force in the discarnate dimensions.

In this timeline, the former was a rarefied God Realized Master.

The latter is the infinite and nonliving energy spectrum in the Spirit that is governed by unalterable Universal Law. It is The Light that many near death experiencers report "at the end of the tunnel" and it is the same energy that mystics, prophets and channelers use for healing and telekinesis.

Without The Light Of The God Force, there could be no planets, stars or souls, as it is the only way that reality can manifest itself from nothingness in linear time. As such, The Light transcends the physical plane and existed before the creation of it.

The more advanced the soul, the greater its ability to Ascend into The Light after bodily death. When you can Ascend to the point of being able to create matter through projected thought in The Light, then you have progressed into God Realization, i.e., you have become a Co-Creator.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Paul_Richard]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join