It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin To Buy 3,200 Female White Mice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why does Kremlin need 3,200 white mice? Is it to test some new weapon? To do experiments with Polonium? Any other ideas? The fact is that they are going to buy these mice. The question is why.

Kremlin hawks feed conspiracy theories with 3,200 white mice

March 2, 2008

The Federal Guard Service, the Russian equivalent of the American Secret Service and guardian of both Vladimir Putin’s security and the Kremlin grounds, advertised for the rodents, specifying that they should be female, white, laboratory-bred and weighing no more than 18 grams (just over half an ounce).

[---]

Bloggers suggested that the mice were needed for experiments with polonium210, the radioactive poison used to kill Alexander Litvinenko, the former KGB agent, in London.

To add spice to the theory, they pointed out that Andrei Lugovoi, the man wanted by Scotland Yard on suspicion of murdering Litvinenko, served in the guard until the mid1990s.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related thread:
Putin does it again!!! (poisoned spy) (by behindthescenes)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
all those lizards are coming to party in the Kremlin and you know
how they love mice....

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What kind of mice do they want ?

I know a bit about this because my Uncle is a Molecular Oncologist and is involved in genetics. He holds the patent on the shiverer mouse used in research on specific ailments, specifically muscular dystrophy.
His specialties include myelin gene regulation and working with the axonal cytoskeleton in cells.

I may not understand his work, but I do know this....
Researchers custom make mice with specific defects to aid them in their work.
There are many patented mice that are bred and shipped all over the world to do specific research, and there are companies around the world that will custom design mice to your specific needs.

The entire article posted is pure speculation, and the fact that Polonium is even mentioned tells me that someone is promoting a fear factor over what could be nothing more than what goes on daily in labs everywhere.

From the source link:

Bloggers suggested that the mice were needed for experiments with polonium210, the radioactive poison used to kill Alexander Litvinenko, the former KGB agent, in London.

So we're going to run with a story based on what some unidentified bloggers suggested.:shk:

EDIT: I wanted to add this news story for additional information.

When it comes to the price of mice, you pay extra for defects.

A mouse with arthritis runs close to $200; two pairs of epileptic mice can cost 10 times that. You want three blind mice? That’ll run you about $250. And for your own custom mouse, with the genetic modification of your choosing, expect to pay as much as $100,000.

Always a mainstay of scientific research, mice have become a critical tool in the quest for new drugs and medical treatments because their genes are remarkably similar to a person’s.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 2/3/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
does it not occur to people that the fact that this is an open tender invitation , from a named agency indicates that the requirement , what ever it is - is highly likley to be nundane and above board

lab mice are bred in their millions world wide -

if there was any hidden adgenda - they would be bought through false front companies and other cut outs

also - no exact specification would be given - simply buy 20K mice - and sex / grade / weigh them in house and eithr dispose of or resell the unwanteds

this is just paranoid scaremongers trying to make an issue out of a perfectly legitimate purchase order

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I can promise you this it isn't hard o get 1000 mice. When I was a kid I started with 2... within a few months I had given them away to all my friends and there were too many to feed. They breed fast. My Dad ended up donating my mouse farm to the local university for research purposes.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
the topic is already being discussed here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Yes, but mine was first. Btw, we do allow one thread in a "breaking" forum and another in another forum, so I'll let the other thread stay open...

new topics

top topics

join