It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to test invisible gases in Crystal City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

The use of mind control gases did cross my mind. How would anyone know that in fact they were letting loose SF6 and not some other gas or maybe a mixture. Who other than the government would be testing the air that day?

Chemtrails are being plowed into the skies daily and I have yet to hear or see any one questioning the painfully obvious, let alone our government telling what it is our tax dollars are paying for.

I long for the good old days of protesting in the streets, being arrested, being piled high in the local jails and overwhelming the system. A protest now days could win us a ticket to the coast of Cuba for a nice long stay.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.scorecard.org...

Sulphur hexafluoride is a suspected neurotoxicant according to the scorecard website url above.

Neurotoxicants
Exposure to chemical substances can cause adverse effects on the nervous system (Neurotoxicity). Chemicals toxic to the central nervous system can induce confusion, fatigue, irritability, and other behavioral changes. Exposure to methyl mercury and lead cause central nervous system toxicity, and can also cause degenerative diseases of the brain (encephalopathy). Chemicals toxic to the peripheral nervous sytem affect how nerves carry sensory information and motor impulses from the brain to the rest of the body. The organic solvents carbon disulfide, n-hexane,and trichloroethylene can harm the peripheral nervous system, resulting in weakness in the lower limbs, tingling in the limbs (paresthesia), and loss of coordination.

If I were in Crystal City, I would be concerned.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
They are not releasing a cloud of sulfur hexafluoride. They are using devices (perfluorocarbon tracers,) that have as one of their functions, the ability to detect sulfur hexafluoride.

perfluorocarbons are used to test the flow from one area to another, and allow results for displacement. They are clear and colorless, which is why they need the tracers. Some can have an oder, others don't. Which if they use the oderless kind (I would expect) no one in town will notice. I would expect it to be used in very low amounts as well, they are very detectable.

There is nothing for the town to worry about, we have been using perfluorocarbons before WWII.

There are different types of perfluorocarbons (even allow you to breath a liquid) but in this case, it is used much like the "gas smell" that is put in the gas lines that lead to your house; just for detection.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hmmm. I thought this thread was closed. Ok, I'll repost. This type of experiment could well be performed on a military base for desired results.
Shock and awe now on the pilgrims.
Little Willy is going to find a way to stay in office. Hillary and Obama might as well save their money.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow_Lord

Perfluorocarbons including sulpher hexafluoride are PFC's, and are greenhouse gases included in the Kyoto agreement that Bush withdrew from upon taking office. According to the Links I provided concerning the Pentagon Shield program which by the way the Crystal City study falls under describes the release of SF6. After reading the link in this post I am not only worried for those in the Crystal City area but for the rest of us also.

www.umweltbundesamt.de...

For me the one ingredient in this recipe that troubles me most is the DOD.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
Kind of scary if you ask me!

What if someone was able to tamper with the gas quietly before it's release?

Remember the London bombings and the 911 attacks were both carried out during government terror tests!

Ah, I am sure there is nothing to worry about.

"Even yer friends Chop?"

"Oooo yeah..."

The fact the large media outlets of the MSM havn't covered it makes me think it's so it'll be easier to bury amid a scene of a dead town, gassed by Al CIAduh/Iran backed militants...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

The DOD will not specify what they are using. But in a populated area, I would expect a safe substance. While the public should exercise caution during any test like this, overall it is a safe test. The area they release it will not have people in it, it will be cleared. The town and local law enforcement will know the location.

It also allows for anyone in the public to have their own equipment up to test the chemicals being used. Thats the key here. Now if they did a test like this without letting the public know ahead of time, then yes I would be concerned.

All tests have the risk of danger, even tattoes can kill a person. I do not think this drill is being done with any hidden agenda behind it. I know that is just not enough for some people and everything is a conspiracy, so those words will just fall on deaf ears.

I have seen many military tests. Some with public knowledge, some without. There is a reason they don't tell the public about all of them, those are the ones to be concerned about.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Where in the Examiner article did you read what they would in fact be releasing as a tracer? Have you read something that has not been posted here?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Now if they did a test like this without letting the public know ahead of time, then yes I would be concerned.

From 1977 to 1998, that is exactly what they did, and it was "legal".

* UNITED STATES CODE o TITLE 50 - WAR AND NATIONAL DEFENSE
+ CHAPTER 32 - CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WARFARE PROGRAM

§ 1520. Use of human subjects for testing of chemical or biological agents by Department of Defense; accounting to Congressional committees with respect to experiments and studies; notification of local civilian officials

* (a) Not later than thirty days after final approval within the Department of Defense of plans for any experiment or study to be conducted by the Department of Defense, whether directly or under contract, involving the use of human subjects for the testing of chemical or biological agents, the Secretary of Defense shall supply the Committees on Armed Services of the Senate and House of Representatives with a full accounting of such plans for such experiment or study, and such experiment or study may then be conducted only after the expiration of the thirty-day period beginning on the date such accounting is received by such committees.
* (b)
o (1) The Secretary of Defense may not conduct any test or experiment involving the use of any chemical or biological agent on civilian populations unless local civilian officials in the area in which the test or experiment is to be conducted are notified in advance of such test or experiment, and such test or experiment may then be conducted only after the expiration of the thirty-day period beginning on the date of such notification.
o (2) Paragraph (1) shall apply to tests and experiments conducted by Department of Defense personnel and tests and experiments conducted on behalf of the Department of Defense by contractors.

Note carefully the wording that I underlined. Local officials had to be notified, but the government did NOT have to notify the civilians that they were going to perform the test upon. There is nothing that said that the local officials HAD TO NOTIFY the civilians.

For over twenty years the Department of Defense (DoD) or their contractors were allowed to use the American people as "guinea pigs" for testing of chemical or biological agents. Since July 30th, 1977, the United States Code annotated Title 50, Chapter 32, Section 1520 remained on the books until drawn into the arena of public discussion on talk radio.
Due to overwhelming public outcry, section 1520 was quietly repealed by the passing of H. R. 1119, the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal years 1998 and 1999. Section 1078 of this bill prohibits the DoD, either directly or by contract, from conducting tests or experiments using chemical or biological agents on human subjects (with exceptions).

Under the (just repealed) law, the DoD has been permitted to conduct such a test or experiment if informed consent is obtained. According to U. S. Senator Olympia Snowe (ME), the conference report on H. R. 1119 was passed by the Senate, by a vote of 90-10 on November 6, 1997 and signed into law by President Clinton on November 18th, 1997.

Notice, that with the repeal of section 1520, the government MUST obtain informed consent.
Here is the clause from the law:

(c) Informed consent required
The Secretary of Defense may conduct a test or experiment described in subsection (b) of this section only if informed consent to the testing was obtained from each human subject in advance of the testing on that subject.

The question becomes, has informed consent been obtained. What assurances are there that no one wanders into the test area? Will the area be cordoned off? Do they know what the dispersion area will be? Can they assure the public that adverse and sudden weather changes may not cause the area to be compromised?

In my humble opinion, this entire matter smells (no pun intended.)
I ask the simple question. Would you feel comfortable allowing your children or grandchildren to be anywhere near the area when the testing goes on?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Great find. I am amazed at the blind faith that still exsits in the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Thank you.
That's why people like you and I, and many others, are here at ATS, to get the truth out in the open.
Lies are like mold and mildew -they can't survive in the sunlight.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Anyone read the msds on this stuff?

www.inchem.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Renshin

Wow!

SULPHUR HEXAFLUORIDE
Inhalation Suffocation. See Notes.
Ventilation.
Fresh air, rest. Artificial respiration may be needed. Refer for medical attention.

SPILLAGE DISPOSAL PACKAGING & LABELLING
Evacuate danger area! Ventilation. NEVER direct water jet on liquid. Personal protection: chemical protection suit including self-contained breathing apparatus.
EU Classification
UN Classification
UN Hazard Class: 2.2

Thanks Renshin. Nice find also.
So much for those that think this stiff is harmless. "We're from the government and we're here to help you."

[edit on 3-3-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

No problem
A google is all that was needed, if only the world knew the power of googling. xD

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Maybe we should be looking to international law and treaties to protect ourselves in the good old USA. Everything I read says this stuff is all around bad. If SF6 is indeed harmless than why not state to the public that it is Sulpher Hexaflouride. Our rights within the international, world community are being violated, not to mention the harm that it inflicts upon the world at large considering the environmental effects.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.schoonschakelen.nl...

How many dictators in this last century have "Gased his own people" ?

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Witness2008]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Renshin

A google is all that was needed, if only the world knew the power of googling.

And the potential danger -PROFEmeritus

Of course, one of the concerns, while we're talking about our rights, etc. is what would happen if google decided to release all of the google search information that they have on each of us.
AOL did just that a few years ago. I remember going into class that day, and presenting that AOL release as part of a class discussion on business ethics that I had scheduled for class that day. The timing was amazing. I couldn't have planned it better.
For those that are not aware of the AOL release:
AOL published 36 millions search queries of about 600,000 users. The searches did not identify the user name, but they did assign a unique id to the searches for each user. As a result, by putting two and two together, in many cases, you could actually figure out exactly who the user was. In fact, New York Times discovered the user no. 4417749, Thelma Arnold, a 62-year-old widow who lives in Lilburn, Georgia. Here is how they did it:
www.shoutingloudly.com...

Anyway, Google, of course, assigns cookies to you when you start using it, and even if you delete the cookies, they are recreated, and associated with your fixed IP address. You can easily see them in Firefox, by selecting Tools, Options, Privacy and "Show cookies". Anyway, Google knows everything you can imagine about you, from your searches, your online banking, and just about anything else that you do online.
They of course, use that data for data mining of information for marketing, etc. Of course, the government wants the google data, but google has refused, so far, as far as I know. AOL, Yahoo and MSN gave their data to the government. I haven't followed the case closely since retiring, so I really don't know where it sits now, but it is a very big privacy issue.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join