It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to test invisible gases in Crystal City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Pentagon to test invisible gases in Crystal City

www.examiner.com

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - The Pentagon is scheduled to release an odorless, invisible, and yes, harmless, gases into the city Thursday to test how quickly they spread through buildings, officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm just hoping these gases they use to test the system are truly safe. A false alarm from this system could also create some unnecessary panic. A defense system of this sort seems good in theory, but how much will weather and other variables affect it's effectiveness?

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

If it so safe just test it at the Pentagon. Why a rural area where few will notice, and the Fedaral employees can be controled.

Our illustrius leaders have been denying that they plow our skies with chemtrails, do you suppose they will be honest about the purpose of releasing this gas and its safety?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Kind of scary if you ask me!

What if someone was able to tamper with the gas quietly before it's release?

Remember the London bombings and the 911 attacks were both carried out during government terror tests!

Ah, I am sure there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Is any gas really 100% safe on anything?
If I was in that city and told they were going to be releasing gases that are supposidly save. I would want some type of documents, reports and other such analysis on the substance that would be released.

There also has to be an underlying meaning to the release of gas.
"test how quickly they spread through buildings, officials said. " To me this sounds like a front ( No not saying a conspiracy just yet. )

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

I can see some kind of accidents happening due to this..

What is their problem? is the world smoking METH?

*mumble mumble* Damn world's turned paranoid *mumble mumble*

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Were the residents of Crystal City consulted with this? Did they recieve a detailed explanation of what the gas was comprised of and the various reasons the Pentagon wants to moniter its' progress through the city?

Did the residents of Crystal City then vote to allow this to happen?

I would like to know that. Otherwise, this is a mild example of how our government makes decisions for its' people, despite the fact that we live in a so called democracy.....

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As Yogi Berra would say, deja Vu , all over again:

1950 In an experiment to determine how susceptible an American city would be to biological attack, the U.S. Navy sprays a cloud of bacteria from ships over San Franciso. Monitoring devices are situated throughout the city in order to test the extent of infection. Many residents become ill with pneumonia-like symptoms.

1951 Department of Defense begins open air tests using disease-producing bacteria and viruses. Tests last through 1969 and there is concern that people in the surrounding areas have been exposed.

1953 U.S. military releases clouds of zinc cadmium sulfide gas over Winnipeg, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Fort Wayne, the Monocacy River Valley in Maryland, and Leesburg, Virginia. Their intent is to determine how efficiently they could disperse chemical agents.

1953 Joint Army-Navy-CIA experiments are conducted in which tens of thousands of people in New York and San Francisco are exposed to the airborne germs Serratia marcescens and Bacillus glogigii.

1955 The CIA, in an experiment to test its ability to infect human populations with biological agents, releases a bacteria withdrawn from the Army's biological warfare arsenal over Tampa Bay, Fl.

1956 U.S. military releases mosquitoes infected with Yellow Fever over Savannah, Ga and Avon Park, Fl. Following each test, Army agents posing as public health officials test victims for effects.

1994 Senator John D. Rockefeller issues a report revealing that for at least 50 years the Department of Defense has used hundreds of thousands of military personnel in human experiments and for intentional exposure to dangerous substances. Materials included mustard and nerve gas, ionizing radiation, psychochemicals, hallucinogens, and drugs used during the Gulf War .

Just a few of the hundreds of "safe" tests performed on Americans in the past 50 years. For a more complete list, check out the following:

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am familiar with the area of Crystal City, it has a very rural mentality, the average income is around 36.000.00 and they are a trusting bunch of folks, still believe in their government. My folks are relocating to a neighboring area attempting to get away from the hustle, bustle. I have done some searching and have come up with no more than what the OP posted.

The Examiner is a very small paper. I am wondering why the bigger news outlets here did not cover this. I'll stay on this one and see what I find.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yup....the 'Experiment' link in my signature is to the ATS version of that timeline. The government does have a history of using its' own citizens as guinea pigs. Sad, in my opinion, that so many people have faith in their government when all of these instances are verifiable.

I truly wonder what is being tested on people today....

reply to post by Witness2008

I would be very interested to see what you come up with...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well this story seems will not show up in the mainstream media for a while. I found a couple of links that explain their so called benign activities.

I snickered just a little when I read this quote in the first link "In fact people in the vicinity of the test will generally be unaware of testing activities." Makes one feel kinda warm and fuzzy that our leaders protect us from our own working brains.

www.arlingtonva.us...

www.defenselink.mil...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sad, in my opinion, that so many people have faith in their government when all of these instances are verifiable

I think, unfortunately, that as long as they have their "bread and circuses", or in todays time, a six pack and NASCAR or the NFL, and some news about Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, they're happy.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the thread. This one really p@#$#$ me off. There are three possible things happening here, the injection of fear in order to keep us cowering behind the skirts of our leaders...or they are indeed planning yet another distraction that can be pinned on some other unsuspecting country and they need to look after their own... or maybe they will just sit back and watch the affects this little exercise has on the community.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem with this if . . . and 'if' is a really big word . . . the experimenters remain in the area.

For some reason when they inflict tests on the populace, seems like not many of them are there....

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
sounds like the second 9/11, i mean WTC and london was just a "test" right?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I thought the name of the city was racoon city or something like that. Seen it in movie Resident Evil. They don't give a d!@# what they do to people any more. Just as long as they have the ultimate weapon on there side. If they wanted to protect someone they would protect the borders and check the shipping cargo. But what good would that do because our government doesn't have to ship there weapons here just the troops that are all over the world, but now they have Canada's troops to fight here in the US. Never know if US troops would shoot one of there own.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have found a few more things. The colorless, oderless gas to be used in Crystal city is Sulphur Hexaflouride. It is a potent green house gas.

www.rense.com...

ams.confex.com...

stinet.dtic.mil...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I'm curious about this story....Has it reached any other "Main Stream" news stations or will it ever reach any other main stream news stations such as CNN, etc? Cause if it doesn't then we don't have such a good government.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sulphur hexafluoride is a very heavy gas. Looks like they're testing to see how fast it dispurses - then they will know how fast other heavy gases spread, such as poisonous gases and possibly mind control gases.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I could find no major media coverage. From what I am reading online this is an exercise that goes all the way back to the yesr 2000. I can not find anything on the amounts of this gas that is released into our enviornment during the exercises. It was also used in London in 2007 in the very tunnels that had been bombed in 2005. The link is all about the area of Crystal City.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join