It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyday Survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How many people here plan for the day to day emergencies that can arise? People tend to feel secure in their homes or their vehicles, but bad things can happen there as well.

Someone could easily force their way into your home if you're not cautious, or attack you as you go to your vehicle be it in your driveway, the mall, or your place of work.

Do you open your door for anyone that knocks or rings the bell? Have you instructed your children not to answer the door without telling you first? Do you observe your surroundings when you're heading for your car or look in your backseat before opening the door?

Have you decided how you or your loved ones would respond to these situations? Have you rehearsed those responses so they become ingrained behavior?

Do you allow someone to force you into a vehicle be it yours or their's, or would you scream and fight back?

Just a few non-SitX things I thought you might want to think about..

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My wife never opens the door. just me. I got a flower delivery yesterday. I followed the procedure, quiet walk to the door, and then placed my boot to the edge of it where it opens and looked out the peeper. I have a large pole that wedges between the door and the wall right there if needed. We live in a good family town but crack heads and cranksters come through looting mailboxes and garages that are left open. At night we set the alarm and have an intricate system of gates inside the house for our tiny dogs, that no one can navigate in the dark. Just ask the bruises on my legs. We never leave without the alarm set even to go next door. We all have cross views between the homes and can see very well so the neighbors are a good help.

My policy in public is care and compassion for others. Should we be placed into such a situation, I only have a few words for them. This ain't your lucky day.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I wonder how many people think of this?

I have to say that my children do not open the door for anyone unless we know who it is and have advaned warning. When I had my Doberman he would sit in front of anyone that opened the door.

All my cars have kits in them that include blankets 1st aid kits and a small amount of food and water...

I keep my doors locked at all times (at home) I have a assisted living facility down the street and sometimes they show up and walk right in...

I have lived in a lot of crappy places growing up and learned real quick that you have to stay alert at all times...Just when you let your guard down those damn raccoons jump outta the garbage can and scare the bejezus outta ya
Happens from time to time when they are quieter than I am

new topics

join