It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul DC march a trap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So we all now how police/riot control have used tactics in the past to shut down demonstrations, i.e. insighting violence on behalf of the protesters. Now think about this, a call for all Paul supporters (people unhappy with our current government) to gather in a large mass in Washington DC, a.k.a. police state capital of the United States. All it takes is one plain clothes officer/agent to throw a rock or shoot a gun for the entire state to be shut down and marshal law declared. A huge proverbial net will be thrown over the entire crowd of "violent radicals," and Ron Paul supporters will be labeled terrorist by our media (basically have already). Also what better time to usher H.R. 1955 through the Senate? GovTrack.us Makes me think quite hard about the entire situation, if the powers that be really control all aspects of our puppet show political system, then why would this be anything but a trap? Also thinking that for the march to be successful in any sense, it needs to be organized as a sit in. Would love to see the media spin on why a peaceful crowd of people sitting in protest to the atrocities in government was gassed by police! Just my thoughts, thanks!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You probably are just trying to scare people into not going. You are probably a disinfo agent. It won't work.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I thought something like you described was going to happen at the last 9/11 truth movement in NYC this past September. Nada.

If something like this scenario should unravel and they declare martial law, they only prove Ron's message to be correct.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
You probably are just trying to scare people into not going. You are probably a disinfo agent. It won't work.

Now that comment is completely unfair. Possible, but still unfair. The OP makes some very valid points.

First off if you voted for Ron Paul, I would bet that alone has gotten you placed on some type of Government Watch list. I would bet my next paycheck on it. However plenty of supporters did not vote in the Primaries for any number of reasons. The thought that this march could be a "trap" has also crossed my mind. However I do not think it will be used to usher in Martial law or anything so drastic. It is my belief that it will be used to identify "homegrown terrorist" instead. Surveillance today is not what it was 20 years ago. Combine surveillance with recognition programs and all the other new little gadgets that the Government has at it's disposal and it equals into so much more. It is my thought that this march will be used to identify people, track them, and you can better believe if there is ever a "round up" that these people will be some of the first to be sought out, picked up and taken away to the FEMA camp.

So you do not have to be a "disinfo agent" to have this type of thought process. I have thought about it myself which is why I will be in DC for this event but my face and tattoos and anything else that can identify me or make me stand out from the crowd will be covered/concealed.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I also had some thoughts about how voting for Dr. Paul would be a great way for the government to create a watch list. Using a peaceful gathering of his supporters would do as well. But I think using voter records would be easier.

It's sad that we're sitting here actually contemplating our own government using our rights against us. The right to free speech and peaceful gathering, and the right to vote...what is this country coming to? It sickens me.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WideThirdEye328

D.C., RP supporters don't have time to go there and protest, it would have to be done on a state by state capital basis. It would also be one of those things that the mass media would cover and say "look at all those radicals". It is unlikely any type of nationwide protest would happen. That would mean RP supporters would have to get off their buts and actually do something. Too busy typing away and complaining, kinda like what I am doing right now.

top topics

join