It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa's ugly present

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It will be interesting to see over the next few days how western (and South African) media (including South Africa's racially skewed blogosphere) will report on the racist incident on a university campus in South Africa's Free State (sic) province.

If you have not seen or heard about it yet, a group of white students forced black staff to eat food that had been urinated on.

commentisfree.guardian.co.uk...

I think you'll find out that the Blacks are also "equalising" things... As far as i have heard, while it's true that most victims are black (as the guy said two lines above, 80-85% of the pop. is black), Black-on-White crimes has been rising even faster... I think SA is the only country where you can get an insurance on getting AIDS via rape...

IMO, a sizeable portion of both segment of the population pretty much hate each others deeply.

That's not going to change any time soon... Reconciliation takes more time than that, i think.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Racism can only be changed when diversity is changed, and our good old NWO keeps that from happening..........

God DAMN the NWO and I will BECKON of all supernaturual force too demolish the face of this planet by mother earths power or to overwhelm this Nazi Facist Ideal as the NWO.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
How long is reconciliation supposed to take? It's been how long in America?

Race relations are continuing to degrade in most Western countries with a sizable black population. Maybe it is time for us to admit Lincoln may have been right...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have a son attending the University at Cape S.A concentrating on his international studies. We speak everyday of the racisim that exits in South Africa, tribal hatred, black on white hatred, white on black hatred, and the saddest of all the hatred that is thrust at the poorest of Africans.

I had not heard of the incident the article reported but will forward to my son to investigate further.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Reconciliation is a big word when talking about south africa, out of all the indigenous peoples around the world who where invaded and enslaved, IMO south Africa and the Zulu are amongst the worst treated, so for there to be this underlying hatred is in my mind only to be expected.

For decades the world sat by and watched evil atrocities being shown on tv, and hardly anyone did a thing to stop it, Now we are seeing the emergence of a new generation who have heard the stories and seen the pictures and want to destroy those who did those terrible things to the distant and not so distant ancestors.

This what i think the NWO should be afraid of , when the average joe stands up and tells them to go take a flying ---- and then pay them back..

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think the words of Jacob Zuma, the deputy president of South Africa pretty much sums up the situation there:

"My heart leaps with joy every time i see a white man begging at the side of the street"

The situation in RSA is pathetic at the moment, and is one step away from being another Zimbabwe! Nelson Mandela was acutely aware of this issue arising, when he said that he would not allow black supremacy to replace white supremacy. Sadly it would appear that he has failed.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
The situation in RSA is pathetic at the moment, and is one step away from being another Zimbabwe! Nelson Mandela was acutely aware of this issue arising, when he said that he would not allow black supremacy to replace white supremacy. Sadly it would appear that he has failed.

I don't see that being realistic about the way that white people, and especially a generation of white people who did not grow up under systems of black repression, should have to apologise for the fact that through an accident of nature and something over which they have absolutely no control, they were born with Caucasian genes and are therefore guilty of the crimes committed by other Caucausions decades ago.A bit like blaming modern Germans for the Holocaust.

Having said that, I have genuine empathy for the people all over Africa who are victims of the atrocities that seem to be part of everyday life in Africa. If there was a way to change the situation in places like Kenya, the Congo, Darfur and others, I would most definitely vote or do something to change it. But being realistic about the fact that these are black on black atrocities and nothing to do with Caucasians at all, does not make me a racist.I see evil being perpetrated and being excused because people were 'previously disadvantaged' or 'previously repressed'. There is no disadvantage or repression now, except for what is being meted out by people of the same racial group as the people being repressed and disadvantaged in northern and central Africa. In southern Africa, ordinary everyday people of all races are being repressed by greedy politicians and their hangers-on who do not want to better the lives of ordinary people but want to feather their own nests first. At the same time, there are wonderful benefits being handed out to people that they never had before, like proper education, free electricity, free water and free health care, all great things and hopefully these will continue. But these same people are victims of the most terrible crimes and nothing is being done to improve the situation with more police and better quality of people being employed by the police, instead a crack crime fighting unit is disbanded against the conditions of the Constitution and no one in SA says anything really important about it because they are all concerned with the behavior of a bunch of frat boys.

new topics

top topics

join